Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

5 hours ago, yarddog88 said:

I made the comment at halftime last night about reg 3 without writing a book. I got blasted by 2 individuals over it. Another person even said the sa offense was simple. One of the same people ask to define simple. Simple is placing your best athlete at qb and running your offense 99% of the time with him. That's plain and simple. Everyone says oh we can pass we can run multiple sets. Plain and simple is if those passes and multiple set are not your bread and butter you end up with burnt toast. Haters hate if you want to but I'm saying div 2 you can get away with this if you have a Reggie Davis or the kid from bremond a couple years ago. Div1 and up you need the total package to right the ship to ever win the ship. So my comment was all that in a nutshell for time purposes and trying to type on this phone. Seems to me that a lot of people already know it if they are truly honest. 

Actually, this is what you said....."East Texas coaches have to learn that these QB run around the end only work over here. No knock on any players just on systems."  

Its just a dumb comment imo......I never said anything about Regions, teams, divisions, anything.....I hardly "blasted" you!

I know what I said. I also explained my self later when I had more time. SA has more talent on that team than should be allowed with most returning. If they play mason 10 times it would be the same outcome every time with their game plan. I never called you out so dont be calling other peoples opinion dumb just because you put imo behind it. If you are a coach or parent of one accept my apologies. 

15 minutes ago, yarddog88 said:

I know what I said. I also explained my self later when I had more time. SA has more talent on that team than should be allowed with most returning. If they play mason 10 times it would be the same outcome every time with their game plan. I never called you out so dont be calling other peoples opinion dumb just because you put imo behind it. If you are a coach or parent of one accept my apologies. 

I’m pretty sure Coach Murr tried to do what got them there which is run the football.  I’m not sure what you think they could have done differently vs a team like that (game plan)........air it out?!?! 😂

However, apology accepted

6 hours ago, Greezychef said:

I remember when Tenaha and Joaquin used to kill Waskom until they moved up to 3a, but they got a good coach eventually. 

I can remember when everybody killed us for about 16 years, I use to say in the 2000's let the Waskom beating commence and sure enough it commenced on time. 😎