Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

On 12/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, LoboFan07 said:

I mean they did just get Lake Ridge and Haltom to travel all the way out there. 

Meh.

Im interested in seeing many of their fans show up tbh. We all know Lobo Nation will have their biggest crowd of the year on Saturday.

Midland isn't exactly close to Amarillo lol (4 hrs on a bus).....they did win the home-neutral flip with Haltom...if they lost the flip the game woulda been in Wichita Falls....I was slightly surprised Tascosa so quickly agreed to AT&T Stadium....thought they might try to get Longview to come further west....

I'm wondering just how big the Longview crowd will be....Saturday night indoors so no weather issues....and Lobos always bring big crowds to DFW playoff games...and this is a state semi-final

By the way for East Texas folks coming in.....Texas Live is open right near the stadium...lots of good spots to get a bite to eat pregame....ohh and Allen-Duncanville is the game before....I think that ought to be good to lol 

• Like 1

Finish this thing Lobos! I don’t want to jinx y’all, but Longview has answered every challenge this year. This is the Lobos year! I think all of ETX is behind you guys. I know I am (even if some of y’all want Carthage to get beat, haha). Really hoping Longview gets that monkey off their back. With JT, Lufkin, and Marshall being in 5a and all back on track we could see big school ETX teams really represent in the coming years. Good luck Lobos. Handle business this week and then go get that ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lol you people are crazy 

not really….Tascosa has flipped a switch late in the season that has them rolling...we will find out on what level that is on Saturday.....horrible region of subpar competition or championship level play….only time will tell...

Go Lobos!  Beat the Rebels!

• Like 1

No doubt the weather messed with the crowd on a Saturday, but still thought we had a pretty good crowd. 

As you said Stepp, with it being inside, I’d be shocked if we didn’t bring a huge crowd. We did last year in the Semis in the pouring rain at Allen, so nothing really stopping us from doing it again in doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

not really….Tascosa has flipped a switch late in the season that has them rolling...we will find out on what level that is on Saturday.....horrible region of subpar competition or championship level play….only time will tell...

Go Lobos!  Beat the Rebels!

Yeah Haltom was good, and Tascosa beat them pretty good. The team that lost to Odessa Permian isn't the team we'll see this weekend. Our boys better be ready and stay in their lanes. As the JT fan said, penetration is everything. We beat Garland in 02 because we lived in their backfield.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 11:10 PM, MattStepp said:

Tascosa is no pushover...the HC Plunk is an East Texas native, his brother was the HC at Hallsville for a long time...he knows the Lobos and what they bring to the table...

Tascosa really struggled early in the year....Plunk put his kid in at QB full time after the Hanna loss and they've taken off....in that flexbone offense you need an operator and he's great at running that offense.....they've got a couple of good backs including the Purdue commit....the defense has a DL who is a junior who will probably be a FBS commit and a DB who is a Baylor commit....check out this INT...they've got some playmakers....

wait...did you say they lost to a Brownsville team this yr....hmmmm this game may get ugly...lol    

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

wait...did you say they lost to a Brownsville team this yr....hmmmm this game may get ugly...lol    

Eh, it sounds like it was a different team with a different QB that lost to Hanna. Similar to how Longview was a different team in the playoffs last year with Haynes starting than the team earlier in the season that lost to Mesquite Horn. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Eh, it sounds like it was a different team with a different QB that lost to Hanna. Similar to how Longview was a different team in the playoffs last year with Haynes starting than the team earlier in the season that lost to Mesquite Horn. 

Horn > Hanna 

no offense to Hanna....lol

but seriously how good is Valley football. Don't really see them playing north of San Antonio alot, and the San Antonio schools usually beat them. By the way Amarillo to Brownsville is a crazy long trip for a game, although I think they played in San Antonio. still a long ride 

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Horn > Hanna 

no offense to Hanna....lol

but seriously how good is Valley football. Don't really see them playing north of San Antonio alot, and the San Antonio schools usually beat them. By the way Amarillo to Brownsville is a crazy long trip for a game, although I think they played in San Antonio. still a long ride 

Shyeah. It's like how Odessa Permian used to play Marshall and El Paso Palo Duro in the same season and each trip was hundreds of miles long.

But yeah, the valley teams never really make much noise. Neither have West Texas teams since the late 90s when Midland Lee was good. I guess Midland High had that one year where they went to state and lost to Judson on a last-second Hail Mary. 

I'd like to think we'll roll this Tascosa team, but they didn't get to the semi finals by being bad. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Shyeah. It's like how Odessa Permian used to play Marshall and El Paso Palo Duro in the same season and each trip was hundreds of miles long.

But yeah, the valley teams never really make much noise. Neither have West Texas teams since the late 90s when Midland Lee was good. I guess Midland High had that one year where they went to state and lost to Judson on a last-second Hail Mary. 

I'd like to think we'll roll this Tascosa team, but they didn't get to the semi finals by being bad. 

good point

3 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Better? 

mean-wolf.jpg

Oh, yeah. Definitely going to need a roll of toilet paper rolling up on him unexpectedly. And, I am talking about that double-ply; that Charmin has a tendency to roll up like a joint and break off in your hand. Ain't got time to be pulling my index finger out and running at the same time.

• LOL! 1

In other news, for those of you that haven't done a little internet scouring for this Panhandle team, here's a link/video. These guys LOOK and SOUND grounded and HUNGRY. You can tell that they are definitely in the weight room putting that real work in. Also, #20 D'Andre Campbell for Tascosa seems like the leader of this team. #16 King Doerue looks like a beast as well. 

I think we better not come out BS-ing with this team and we need to light that scoreboard up early and often. This Tascosa team seems like they could be the most dangerous if we get to playing "Jason Garrett/Scott Linehan" conservative and allowing them to hang around and being within 14 or even 21 points going into the 4th quarter. If, our defense shows up like they did against Spring Westfield for this week, we have a legitimate shot of advancing. But, everyone has seen our playaction, throw-it-deep to Kamden Perry movie.

It's PAST time to get innovative with the playcalling and route running. Our deep, seam and fly routes have been put on notice. It's just time to start trusting and incorporating other receivers other than Perry and Kearby if we want to bust this game wide open. And for God's sake, I really would like to see Meredith get a few touches early on to give them a different look and provide a change of pace. Williams,  Anderson and Meredith are all damn good backs but they are vastly different in running styles. Meredith, in my opinion could start at ANY school in the state of Texas but, I do feel like he's being heavily under utilized given his talent. 

• Like 2

• Mr. P changed the title to Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals