Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

24 minutes ago, Buck1980 said:

Everyone concerned with Amarillo's Triple Flex Option, "duh" load the box and match up our Db's with their WR's force them to pass the ball. They pass 12 percent of the time this year the other 88% was flex and pistol runs. Common sense would tell you they will be profiecent in running football it is not a crime to make smart adjustments to this situation. Coaches don't let your pride get in the way of this season.

NOTE: until they proved they could pass i would put 8 in the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 down linemen and 4 LB standing in the gaps - change it up blitz or back out

Blitzing the triple option will assure your team they won’t be playing next week. D

efense has to play assignment football.

• Like 1

Man up the receivers, account for the other skill players, clog the gaps inside and force them to abandon the fullback dive part of the option, spy the qb, man up the pitch man, be disciplined.... easier said than done, but there's a reason not many true triple option attacks make it this far... I agree that we need a hat on the qb EVERY PLAY. I expect a few broken assignments but it is doable. Lister and writt will need to have their best games of the year

And these guys are true gamers. I'm excited for another great game.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

Man up the receivers, account for the other skill players, clog the gaps inside and force them to abandon the fullback dive part of the option, spy the qb, man up the pitch man, be disciplined.... easier said than done, but there's a reason not many true triple option attacks make it this far... I agree that we need a hat on the qb EVERY PLAY. I expect a few broken assignments but it is doable. Lister and writt will need to have their best games of the year

You defense strategy is sound but the more I watch on these guys the more I see they are masters of making you overplay or underplay their scheme....some of the misdirection is actually pretty ingenious....the key is their QB....

18 hours ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

And these guys are true gamers. I'm excited for another great game.

I agree...unless their defense just can’t slow our offense down this should be a solid game...with the win I hope our defensive front stays healthy with they way they block

Tascosa all day... Rebels defense is too strong and fast for anything Lobos are bringing... and the offense is hard to stop when you don't know whats going on... I think it'll be a close game because I respect what the Lobos are bringing to the table but they are about to meet their match physically and mentally..... Tascosa 28 Longview 21

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 4

2 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

Tascosa all day... Rebels defense is too strong and fast for anything Lobos are bringing... and the offense is hard to stop when you don't know whats going on... I think it'll be a close game because I respect what the Lobos are bringing to the table but they are about to meet their match physically and mentally..... Tascosa 28 Longview 21

Hey welcome to Smoaky!

Congrats on making the semis... I respect option teams quite a bit, coming from John King's first few teams at Longview. I love teams that still use a fullback and run the ball.

We know what we're getting from the Tascosa offense... How's your defense? What's the best offense you guys have seen so far this season? Do you think they're as good as, say, Westfield? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hey welcome to Smoaky!

Congrats on making the semis... I respect option teams quite a bit, coming from John King's first few teams at Longview. I love teams that still use a fullback and run the ball.

We know what we're getting from the Tascosa offense... How's your defense? What's the best offense you guys have seen so far this season? Do you think they're as good as, say, Westfield? 

Defense on Rebels is pretty solid... alot of speed upfront and they hit hard... Haltoms quarterback (Michael Black) is one of the best in Texas and though he had a few good plays for the most part Tascosa shut him down over and over to the point of frustration outta Haltom... On one of the last plays of the game he got sacked so hard, his helmet flew off and he needed to be carried off the field. Tascosas defense is playing exceptionally well compared to how they were playing earlier in the season.... They've been on fire since the playoffs stared... and the offense although I admit can be stopped sometimes, manages to pull out certain plays that will catch the whole defense by surprise while they run it past them.... should be a hell of a game!

16 hours ago, RebelsRock said:

Defense on Rebels is pretty solid... alot of speed upfront and they hit hard... Haltoms quarterback (Michael Black) is one of the best in Texas and though he had a few good plays for the most part Tascosa shut him down over and over to the point of frustration outta Haltom... On one of the last plays of the game he got sacked so hard, his helmet flew off and he needed to be carried off the field. Tascosas defense is playing exceptionally well compared to how they were playing earlier in the season.... They've been on fire since the playoffs stared... and the offense although I admit can be stopped sometimes, manages to pull out certain plays that will catch the whole defense by surprise while they run it past them.... should be a hell of a game!

Rebelsrock.  It looks like your whole team is playing lights out.  I picked Cedar Hill and Arlington in the regional finals.  I also picked Longview and Spring Westfield.  Tascosa has earned the right to be here and the respect of many.  I’m ready to watch two good teams battle.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

i like how people are thinking this offense is an unsolvable puzzle.   Play sound assignment defense.  Don’t over pursue, wrap up.  The QB is the key and when you have a quick one that fully understands this offense it’s very hard to stop. It’s a fun matchup.    Go Lobos beat Tascosa!!!!

Nobody thinks Rebels offense is unsolvable... same as the Lobos offense isn't unsolvable... The last 3 metroplex teams Tascosa played all had great fast Qbs and Rebels defense stopped them all eventually... Arlington (ranked 11th when we played them) who  beat Martin and Lamar (2 great teams) and Tascosa had them down 35 -3 right before the half... let some of the senior bench play the second half since it was a playoff game opportunity.... Tascosa all day... you'll see #RebelNation 

2 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Your paper said the Metroplex team couldn’t solve it and had no answer.  Lobos all day you’ll see.  Lobos against EVERYONE !!!!!!

Haha.. Good luck to both teams... as long as no one gets hurt and it's a good solid close fun game to watch cause that's what footballs all about.  RebelsAllDay!!!... Always the underdog but always prevail!!!

53 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

Awww Sugar Honey Ice Tea done got REAL!!! Is there any chance that y'all Mascot is related to this individual??? For Real.  I'm just asking.........

panchos-mexican-buffet6.jpg

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

Haha.. Good luck to both teams... as long as no one gets hurt and it's a good solid close fun game to watch cause that's what footballs all about.  RebelsAllDay!!!... Always the underdog but always prevail!!!

Three times this season you didn’t.  On one of the losses, my son in law teaches at Permian and I watched them play at Ratliff a couple times. The best thing about them was their defense, very solid.   Nothing but respect for the Rebels, but we WILL be ready.  Go Lobos 

1 minute ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Three times this season you didn’t.  On one of the losses, my son in law teaches at Permian and I watched them play at Ratliff a couple times. The best thing about them was their defense, very solid.   Nothing but respect for the Rebels, but we WILL be ready.  Go Lobos 

Different team right now.. I promise... well be ready too... Go Rebels #1

On 12/11/2018 at 6:30 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Beat Tascosa.

Texan Live has Carthage/Henderson...

16 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

i like how people are thinking this offense is an unsolvable puzzle.   Play sound assignment defense.  Don’t over pursue, wrap up.  The QB is the key and when you have a quick one that fully understands this offense it’s very hard to stop. It’s a fun matchup.    Go Lobos beat Tascosa!!!!

It’s not that easy when you don’t see it but once every 3 seasons...

Just now, 85lobooldschool said:

I got the playoff subscription.              Eagleborn I’m trying to remember who you are.  I lived in Tatum from 1986 until 2016.  Both my kids graduated there. Ashley was the head cheerleader in 05 and Jason played in 06 and 07.  

I was talking about Longview rarely seeing it. Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Same team I promise.  Same players just putting it all together.  Looooobbboooos, Looooobbbboooos, Looooobbbboooosss. You will know what that means Saturday night.  

Ok... we'll see Saturday... if you win, Ill acknowledge nothing but respect for your team... but when you lose, I expect the same instead of excuses.... sir.... REBEL NATION!!!!!! 

• Mr. P changed the title to Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals