Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

34 minutes ago, ClaySpan said:

This is in no way the attitude Tascosa is going into this game. Those signs #### of the students, teachers and the players. Cheerleaders said they were going to make signs. These won’t make the cut. Tascosa is very content with being called on this thread...” Hicks with “ black players “ from Amarillo. that are going to get manhandled. Also when the thread said Tascosa made DFW teams travel for the playoffs? They were hours closer than Tascosa except Midland where they traveled 55 miles further. I still can’t believe the conversation about “ Black” players, and neither could our team. You have what, 11-12 pages about how y’all are going to chew the bone up and Tascosa doesn’t have a chance . Pretty sure you are all adults here. If all you could do was find an Instagram pic from some teenagers to feed off of that’s great.. Ewww, y’all have seen what this team will do if they are provoked. It’s crazy because y’all are the ones acting like you have never been here before. Kids are kids. One kid from your band got on King Doroues Snapchat and told him he wasn’t poop😂 . King never said anything back , just laughed. 22 D1 offers and he isn’t poop. As soon as the game was over last Saturday night, the team started studying Longview. We are by far the underdogs (always are)and according to this page y’all are the best team on the planet( just how we like it). 

You are reaching pretty hard to say 11 pages of us dominating AT. If you have to reach that hard then that’s an issue...

Any reference to signs go back to the posts about those outside the programs who see Longview as the next likely victim....you won’t find most lobo fans say we are going to dominate...we know what we are up against...

and for all of the ridiculous comments you quoted there have been several idiotic from your side....

we we want a clean hard fought game with respect for both teams 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lufkin had some similar signs in 2014 and 2015.

I fully suppose any sign that the Rebs want to bring and fully want them to bring that sledgehammer. :)

Haha PLEASE bring a sledgehammer. 

Wanting to say Lancaster pulled some stuff a week before that Dallas Carter game. My favorite part about that is just how awesome our first drive was after that. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Eh. Two different eras of offenses to defend. 

For years I always said if Lobos ever got to the point where they could throw outta the I formation...we would be hard to stop. Hell we can even throw outta the "triple option" look if King wanted. This Lobo offense is just as deadly as Tascososa

3 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

For years I always said if Lobos ever got to the point where they could throw outta the I formation...we would be hard to stop. Hell we can even throw outta the "triple option" look if King wanted. This Lobo offense is just as deadly as Tascososa

No doubt.

We almost saw it happen in 2012 but of course, we loss Bivins game one. That team had the defense to go all the way too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaySpan said:

This is in no way the attitude Tascosa is going into this game. Those signs #### of the students, teachers and the players. Cheerleaders said they were going to make signs. These won’t make the cut. Tascosa is very content with being called on this thread...” Hicks with “ black players “ from Amarillo. that are going to get manhandled. Also when the thread said Tascosa made DFW teams travel for the playoffs? They were hours closer than Tascosa except Midland where they traveled 55 miles further. I still can’t believe the conversation about “ Black” players, and neither could our team. You have what, 11-12 pages about how y’all are going to chew the bone up and Tascosa doesn’t have a chance . Pretty sure you are all adults here. If all you could do was find an Instagram pic from some teenagers to feed off of that’s great.. Ewww, y’all have seen what this team will do if they are provoked. It’s crazy because y’all are the ones acting like you have never been here before. Kids are kids. One kid from your band got on King Doroues Snapchat and told him he wasn’t poop😂 . King never said anything back , just laughed. 22 D1 offers and he isn’t poop. As soon as the game was over last Saturday night, the team started studying Longview. We are by far the underdogs (always are)and according to this page y’all are the best team on the planet( just how we like it). 

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you can survive the odds beating you. 

2 hours ago, ClaySpan said:

Me personally, I'm not offended by signs. Just apart of the experience...every single team we played this year made signs of some sort and we probably made some ourselves. 

As for us "being best on the planet" or underestimating y'all...we literally hear this from opposite fan bases every single week. When will you all understand that we aren't underestimating anyone...and we certainly don't think we're best in the world. But maybe, just maybe we are damn good football team on a mission?

Cove folks didn't understand it. Prosper folks didn't understand it. Vandegrift folks didn't understand it. Westfield folks didn't understand it. Maybe you guys will...although so far its looking like you all aren't getting it either.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

Sort of a neutral fan to this game here...…..Live about 45 miles from Longview, so I am rooting for Longview, but can take an outsiders view to things regarding this game...……...The picture posted on here with the 2 young ladies with the sign that says "Longview ??? more like Long shot" should be considered as friendly banter...…..Very very very doubtful those young ladies meant any harm or disrespect from it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am super intrigued on the crowd size for Longview...thinking considering the distance Tascosa will have a good crowd also....

Saw they have boosters paying for buses for their fans that they can ride for free. Can’t wait for Saturday. LOBO UP!

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Sort of a neutral fan to this game here...…..Live about 45 miles from Longview, so I am rooting for Longview, but can take an outsiders view to things regarding this game...……...The picture posted on here with the 2 young ladies with the sign that says "Longview ??? more like Long shot" should be considered as friendly banter...…..Very very very doubtful those young ladies meant any harm or disrespect from it

Yep friendly banter but definitely gets you pumped up for the game

6 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Yep friendly banter but definitely gets you pumped up for the game

Back in the day when most every team had scrolls, that most time cheerleaders painted, to run thru before the game, I saw several scrolls in Northeast Texas much worse than that sign....lol...…….Some of those scrolls were made by the team I was rooting for, and when I saw them, I was wide eyed...……...But 95% of those rough signs, were in good fun...…..Also saw plenty of opposing schools scrolls that were fairly rough, but I normally smiled/laughed 

11 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Back in the day when most every team had scrolls, that most time cheerleaders painted, to run thru before the game, I saw several scrolls in Northeast Texas much worse than that sign....lol...…….Some of those scrolls were made by the team I was rooting for, and when I saw them, I was wide eyed...……...But 95% of those rough signs, were in good fun...…..Also saw plenty of opposing schools scrolls that were fairly rough, but I normally smiled/laughed 

My favorites are when they can’t spell 

• Like 1

I just watched the Tascosa vs Permian game. Permian's strategy on defense was to have the defensive ends crash down on the fullback every play, resulting in Plunk keeping the ball a lot. And he's dangerous and can get outside and make teams pay. Permian did a decent job of pursuit, but Plunk is quick. Also, in short-yardage situations, Tascosa uses a hard count well. They do their motion and then don't snap the ball, trying to draw the defense offsides. They did it against Lake Ridge a lot. The way Permian could stop them was to get them "behind the chains" on first down. If Tascosa faces 2nd and 12, they're much less successful getting a first down than when facing 2nd and 6, from a numbers standpoint. 

Permian also threw an INT in the end zone. The 3 games I've watched, Haltom, Lake Ridge, and Permian... All 3 threw INTs in the end zone against Tascosa. They clamp down when it matters. 

Also of note, Permian runs a very similar offense, although their QB is in the pistol, not under center. Never seen that before.... But Permian definitely has experience with how to stop such an offense- they probably just tried to emulate what worked against them lol I love the old Permian teams using the Wing T. They're kinda returning to that, although as noted before, the flexbone is different from the Wing T. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, everyone's here because they love the hell outta HS football and especially your home based team... Seems like a few peeps here be getting their feathers all ruffled up  when they read or see something they don't agree with but hey... that's what hardcore football fans is all about... I'm rooting for Tascosa all day and Texas Tech all day and Dallas Cowboys all day!!!!  When someone here joked that the Rebels mascot looks like Pancho Villa dude.. I laughed and rolled with it... who cares.. it's smack talk for the smack mouth football were about to see this Saturday. I can't wait... SO EXCITED!!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

At the end of the day, everyone's here because they love the hell outta HS football and especially your home based team... Seems like a few peeps here be getting their feathers all ruffled up  when they read or see something they don't agree with but hey... that's what hardcore football fans is all about... I'm rooting for Tascosa all day and Texas Tech all day and Dallas Cowboys all day!!!!  When someone here joked that the Rebels mascot looks like Pancho Villa dude.. I laughed and rolled with it... who cares.. it's smack talk for the smack mouth football were about to see this Saturday. I can't wait... SO EXCITED!!!!

Atta kid. Be safe travelling! 

• Thanks 1