Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

((OK OK OK I FOUND OUT WHY THEY KEEP SAYING LONGVIEW IS THE BEST TEAM EVER)) COULD THIS BE THE REASON WHY???

Hey guys this is only hype the Lobos aren't really all that good---Please don't read into what a lot of people are saying about the Lobos; just a little old team from a small town who happens to like "Flag-football" oh yea and kickball in the summer... 

3 hours ago, KINGLOBO said:

((OK OK OK I FOUND OUT WHY THEY KEEP SAYING LONGVIEW IS THE BEST TEAM EVER)) COULD THIS BE THE REASON WHY???

Hey guys this is only hype the Lobos aren't really all that good---Please don't read into what a lot of people are saying about the Lobos; just a little old team from a small town who happens to like "Flag-football" oh yea and kickball in the summer... 

LMAO.  King

Someone post "here come the Lobos" video

• LOL! 1

Tascosa kids been playing smash mouth football since 4th grade too and all them hits you showing in that video are exactly how Tascosa hits too. I truly believe it'll be a great game because physically, (though you may not want to believe it because of your narrow one-sided views), we are meeting our match and it should be a very interesting game on seeing who wears who down first.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, kingwolf said:

You are reaching pretty hard to say 11 pages of us dominating AT. If you have to reach that hard then that’s an issue...

Any reference to signs go back to the posts about those outside the programs who see Longview as the next likely victim....you won’t find most lobo fans say we are going to dominate...we know what we are up against...

and for all of the ridiculous comments you quoted there have been several idiotic from your side....

we we want a clean hard fought game with respect for both teams 

Idiotic from our side? Examples from adults? I am so excited about this game! I pray for a healthy game on both sides. If LV wins, we will cheer for them to win state. We are humble in winning and defeat. I hope we win but if not it will be a heck of a run we have had.

12 minutes ago, ClaySpan said:

Idiotic from our side? Examples from adults? I am so excited about this game! I pray for a healthy game on both sides. If LV wins, we will cheer for them to win state. We are humble in winning and defeat. I hope we win but if not it will be a heck of a run we have had.

CS there are idiots on both sides...I hope you see this....

I am happy for both teams and will root for the winner of this game to win state...I believe it will be the Lobos! Can’t wait until Saturday 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:
2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Redneck 1980s country cringe

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I agree. So much cringe. 

1 hour ago, lobos2011 said:

Worst hype video of all time😂😂

Hey, I've been asking you hipster millennials to hook me up with someone who can do a more up-to-date rendition, that makes all the right references and name drops (Viewettes, cheer, ROTC, etc.) so as not to provoke a civil war amongst the Lobo Nation...  and it has to be CLEAN and family-friendly. 

Still no takers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

Hey, I've been asking you hipster millennials to hook me up with someone who can do a more up-to-date rendition, that makes all the right references and name drops (Viewettes, cheer, ROTC, etc.) so as not to provoke a civil war amongst the Lobo Nation...  and it has to be CLEAN and family-friendly. 

Still no takers. 

I mean, if nothing else, play something like Power by Kanye West when the team is in the tunnel/takes the field. I get the tradition of the fight song, but that does nothing to get the team hyped. I guarantee it. 

Also, you're talking about not provoking a civil war.... It sounds like the fanbase is already split. Actually, I take that back. It's unanimously hated 😂 

• Stinks 1

15 hours ago, ClaySpan said:

This is in no way the attitude Tascosa is going into this game. Those signs #### of the students, teachers and the players. Cheerleaders said they were going to make signs. These won’t make the cut. Tascosa is very content with being called on this thread...” Hicks with “ black players “ from Amarillo. that are going to get manhandled. Also when the thread said Tascosa made DFW teams travel for the playoffs? They were hours closer than Tascosa except Midland where they traveled 55 miles further. I still can’t believe the conversation about “ Black” players, and neither could our team. You have what, 11-12 pages about how y’all are going to chew the bone up and Tascosa doesn’t have a chance . Pretty sure you are all adults here. If all you could do was find an Instagram pic from some teenagers to feed off of that’s great.. Ewww, y’all have seen what this team will do if they are provoked. It’s crazy because y’all are the ones acting like you have never been here before. Kids are kids. One kid from your band got on King Doroues Snapchat and told him he wasn’t poop😂 . King never said anything back , just laughed. 22 D1 offers and he isn’t poop. As soon as the game was over last Saturday night, the team started studying Longview. We are by far the underdogs (always are)and according to this page y’all are the best team on the planet( just how we like it). 

Man, go sit down somewhere. I am the one who brought up the black players in jest. It's all in good fun to pass time. And, if you can't figure out why people NOT from Amarillo would question the amount of blacks on your team, you probably need to take a look at your city as a whole regarding demographics and location. 

I can only speak for myself. But, when I first came through Amarillo 2 years ago and then again on my way to California about 3 weeks ago, it reminds me of Midland and Odessa, Texas isolated in the middle of nowhere with dust everywhere and very, very, very few blacks. White people are even in the minority up there.

When I think about Amarillo the first thing that comes to mind is a Sombrero being placed on a nearby table out of nowhere with banjo music in the background and dust flying in my eye. You don't get comfortable going down Hwy. 287 South until you reach Wichita Falls, Texas. So, AGAIN you can quit reaching for the HICK word. That term ain't even remotely close to what people are thinking. A bottle of hot sauce, FUTBÓL? You better believe it!

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, AKA said:

Still no takers. 

For what it is worth, I like it. It may not be the #1 genre of the younger generation, but it covers everything needed for the fans.  No one else we play has their own song, either. It is not embarrassing and does exactly what it is intended to do.....highlight the Longview Lobos and all of the things that everyone loves about a Lobos football game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

29 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

For what it is worth, I like it. It may not be the #1 genre of the younger generation, but it covers everything needed for the fans.  No one else we play has their own song, either. It is not embarrassing and does exactly what it is intended to do.....highlight the Longview Lobos and all of the things that everyone loves about a Lobos football game. 

I like it too.  I thought the same thing. We have our own song.   Go Lobos!!!!  Beat Tascosa 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Aye! We had the Country Lufkin song that we played before games. I hated it too. 

• LOL! 1