Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

52 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I think he was referring to you. I completely agree with you as well. 14 points off 2 tricks plays. When Longview kicked the field goal I knew Tascosa's offense wouldn't be able to score quick enough to come back. They did one heck of a job trying though.

Oh for sure. As nervous as we all got during the game, it's easy to say, "Well we weren't as good as we thought". But in reality, we were the better team and it showed. 

For the record, I have utmost respect for Tascosa. I love their style of play and they were extremely scrappy. THe dirty stuff? Not so much.

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Horrible crew Stepp...I don’t usually gripe but if you watch the game I can show at least 3 times our LBs were tackled at the ankles (completely wrapped up) that sprung huge runs for Plunk and no call...I hope we don’t get that idiotic group next week

Ask Gavin Roberts how that cheap shot he took last play of the half feels. How does it feel to be a 3 year starter and unable to play in THE biggest game of his high school career? How does it feel to have a broken fibula and all the tendons torn from his ankle? They were dirty all game and our facemask penalties were no comparison. You have to be taught that kind of dirty and trickery. In the end, we prevailed, but I for one never want to meet that team again. And remember, there is no almost in the end of a football game. You either win or lose.....either by one point or 50 points. Tascosa gets NO moral victory here. 

Go Lobos!

Beat WB

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Ask Gavin Roberts how that cheap shot he took last play of the half feels. How does it feel to be a 3 year starter and unable to play in THE biggest game of his high school career? How does it feel to have a broken fibula and all the tendons torn from his ankle? They were dirty all game and our facemask penalties were no comparison. You have to be taught that kind of dirty and trickery. In the end, we prevailed, but I for one never want to meet that team again. And remember, there is no almost in the end of a football game. You either win or lose.....either by one point or 50 points. Tascosa gets NO moral victory here. 

Go Lobos!

Beat WB

Good thing it'll probably be another 40 years until anyone from Amarillo is relevant again. Hope they have fun chop blocking on the basketball court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

Coach Plunk comes into this game with a Story on the front page of Sports LNJ?( Saying how honored you were to play a good team like Longview along with your ties to Longview and Kilgore) Bull #### you high fived and allowed your players to rip folks heads off, chop block, step on and talk trash with a few seclect words I won't repeat the whole game. 

Ask Number #64,#5,#23 and the entire front defensive line

I've seen alot of teams plays in the last 20 years none even came close to Amarillo in unsportsmen like play, I felt like you know you couldn't win so needed a way to level to the playing field?

Shame on Officials just one example: Obvious face mask no call 8 seconds later back judge comes up and throws flag, right there in front of god and Country Line judge was not going to make call !!!!!!!!!!

I'm done Good Luck Longview this weekend against West Brook

• Like 4
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Buck1980 said:

Coach Plunk comes into this game with a Story on the front page of Sports LNJ?( Saying how honored you were to play a good team like Longview along with your ties to Longview and Kilgore) Bull #### you high fived and allowed your players to rip folks heads off, chop block, step on and talk trash with a few seclect words I won't repeat the whole game. 

I've seen alot of teams plays in the last 20 years none even came close to Amarillo in unsportsmen like play, I felt like you know you couldn't win so needed a way to level to the playing field?

Shame on Officials just one example: Obvious face mask no call 8 seconds later back judge comes up and throws flag, right there in front of god and Country Line judge was not going to make call !!!!!!!!!!

Great post. They were dirty, dirty, dirty.

• Stinks 1

17 minutes ago, Buck1980 said:

Amen brother. But we are moving on. We goin to the Ship!!!!!

• Stinks 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh for sure. As nervous as we all got during the game, it's easy to say, "Well we weren't as good as we thought". But in reality, we were the better team and it showed. 

For the record, I have utmost respect for Tascosa. I love their style of play and they were extremely scrappy. THe dirty stuff? Not so much.

Dirty stuff???  

On 12/17/2018 at 12:02 PM, Buck1980 said:

You obviously not see your own!  

Still hoping that LV can pull this one out but I see no defense and no discipline.  I have never seen a LV defense this soft, not in 40 years, and they apply NO pressure outside of what the d-line can apply by themselves.  Why does the DC call a defensive signal when the opponent is third and 15 and your dbs and safetys give them a 30 yard zone cushion?  SMH???  That 3 man front is getting eaten alive by the Westbrook o-line.

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Still hoping that LV can pull this one out but I see no defense and no discipline.  I have never seen a LV defense this soft, not in 40 years, and they apply NO pressure outside of what the d-line can apply by themselves.  Why does the DC call a defensive signal when the opponent is third and 15 and your dbs and safetys give them a 30 yard zone cushion?  SMH???  That 3 man front is getting eaten alive by the Westbrook o-line.

Allowed 6 points in the second half. I'd say adjustments worked.

4 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Still hoping that LV can pull this one out but I see no defense and no discipline.  I have never seen a LV defense this soft, not in 40 years

2016, 2014 were the past 40 years so I know you have no credibility with this statement.

Look goofball I was supporting LV but what I saw and what I have seen over the past 40 years is what I have seen.  I don't need anyone to validate me and give me any creds especially a faker like you.  You are nothing to me.  Again, congratulations LV on your title.  It was long overdue and greatly deserved.  Goofoff goofball ANTI...

• Stinks 1