Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

26 minutes ago, Quick said:

For a program that hasn't done anything remotely significant since 1962, they sure are an arrogant bunch. 

Nope.... nobodys arrogant on the Tascosa side...we are grateful to be in this position during these playoffs.

Of course we're looking to win.. same as everybody else out there including your selves. ... #RebelNation

There have actually been a few signs.

Hey Lobos  tell your girlfriends you'll be free next SATURDAY

LONGVIEW??? more like LONG shot.

I don't see any harm in these honestly, but I've seen what happens when teams say/do disrespectful things towards the lobos and I'm sure the players have seen these by now. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

Kids being kids... is it bad to feel comfident???.. haha.. signs exactly like this go up all over during games...I've seen them before on some bigger games.. . No harm done unless you get butt hurt easily. #BeatThoseLobos

Not butt hurt lol....read my post....point was I’ve read a lot the last few days were it seems Longview may be viewed as the next victim..I like the perspective...it gets us fired up...no harm no foul

The only time I've seen a sign like this even come close to being true was against Mesquite Horn last year "Longview sure is fond of the L". Personally thought it was clever, but most of the time it just gets these young men fired up. It would be hilarious if they brought a sledgehammer out, ala Dallas carter in the 08 playoffs. Armadillo Tabasco aint ready.

• LOL! 1

31 minutes ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

The only time I've seen a sign like this even come close to being true was against Mesquite Horn last year "Longview sure is fond of the L". Personally thought it was clever, but most of the time it just gets these young men fired up. It would be hilarious if they brought a sledgehammer out, ala Dallas carter in the 08 playoffs. Armadillo Tabasco aint ready.

Didnt Whitehouse do that too and run to the middle of the field?

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Not butt hurt lol....read my post....point was I’ve read a lot the last few days were it seems Longview may be viewed as the next victim..I like the perspective...it gets us fired up...no harm no foul

The boys have defiantly seen this and have forsure lit a fire. These signs did it for me in high school under king. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

(Garland's first drive starts at the 3:07 mark... skip to that)

I was on the sidelines of this game as a Sophomore. I had never really understood the mantra "speed kills" until this moment. I saw the fullback getting hit BEFORE receiving the handoff in the backfield and realized why trying to block those guys was so hard in practice. I don't know how this defense's speed compares to this 2002 defense, but man oh man. Our defensive TACKLE, Kendall Peoples, was the district's 100m champion at 260 lbs. He hit me one time in practice and I thought I was dead. This game was purely a mismatch from a speed standpoint. Hoping we can use that speed against Tascosa, although Tascosa are extremely well coached and will likely try to use that speed against us. 

It's funny... When I heard we were playing #7 nationally ranked John Curtis in 2007, I wasn't worried because I know what we could do against triple option teams. 

I remember that game...complete domination from start to finish. But IMO...that defense is better than the defense Lobos have now

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, Buck1980 said:

Everyone concerned with Amarillo's Triple Flex Option, "duh" load the box and match up our Db's with their WR's force them to pass the ball. They pass 12 percent of the time this year the other 88% was flex and pistol runs. Common sense would tell you they will be profiecent in running football it is not a crime to make smart adjustments to this situation. Coaches don't let your pride get in the way of this season.

NOTE: until they proved they could pass i would put 8 in the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 down linemen and 4 LB standing in the gaps - change it up blitz or back out

I agree Buck... Load the box and keep the LB's at home and let the play come to you. That Flex option can be tricky but yet figured out if you bite every play you could get bit. Slow it down and play the ball. Navy put 9 in the box and a safety over the top (wow)

9 hours ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

Lufkin had some similar signs in 2014 and 2015.

I fully suppose any sign that the Rebs want to bring and fully want them to bring that sledgehammer. :)

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I remember that game...complete domination from start to finish. But IMO...that defense is better than the defense Lobos have now

Completely different style of football now a days. I’d agree our D was our strength that year. But this year’s team would blow that bunch out of the water.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, 85lobooldschool said:

Same here, we respect and admire what the Rebels have done. In 2010 we started 1-3 finished 6-4 and made to the semis.  We were leading that game against Guyer 17-0 before falling 28-27.  Look at Mesquite Horn this year started 0-7 and gave Spring Westfield all the wanted in round three.  The first year the UIL took two teams Beaumont French was 6-4 and played Permian for the state title.  If I’m not mistaken the game ended in a tie with Permian winning.  Good luck this week you all definitely deserve to be here. 

That is not correct. UIL started two teams in the 1982 season. Beaumont West Brook finished 6-4 and was the runner up in the district to Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson. They went on to beat HD Bell for the state title.  BMT French played in 1984 and tied Permian. And it was deemed a tie. 

38 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

That is not correct. UIL started two teams in the 1982 season. Beaumont West Brook finished 6-4 and was the runner up in the district to Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson. They went on to beat HD Bell for the state title.  BMT French played in 1984 and tied Permian. And it was deemed a tie. 

I knew it was something like that.  Was a really big thing.

• Mr. P changed the title to Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals
12 hours ago, kingwolf said:

E415F9A9-A3E3-4642-B661-71AC0EE72845.jpeg

This is in no way the attitude Tascosa is going into this game. Those signs #### of the students, teachers and the players. Cheerleaders said they were going to make signs. These won’t make the cut. Tascosa is very content with being called on this thread...” Hicks with “ black players “ from Amarillo. that are going to get manhandled. Also when the thread said Tascosa made DFW teams travel for the playoffs? They were hours closer than Tascosa except Midland where they traveled 55 miles further. I still can’t believe the conversation about “ Black” players, and neither could our team. You have what, 11-12 pages about how y’all are going to chew the bone up and Tascosa doesn’t have a chance . Pretty sure you are all adults here. If all you could do was find an Instagram pic from some teenagers to feed off of that’s great.. Ewww, y’all have seen what this team will do if they are provoked. It’s crazy because y’all are the ones acting like you have never been here before. Kids are kids. One kid from your band got on King Doroues Snapchat and told him he wasn’t poop😂 . King never said anything back , just laughed. 22 D1 offers and he isn’t poop. As soon as the game was over last Saturday night, the team started studying Longview. We are by far the underdogs (always are)and according to this page y’all are the best team on the planet( just how we like it). 

• Like 1