Jump to content

Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals


LoboFan07
 Share

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

For what it is worth, I like it. It may not be the #1 genre of the younger generation, but it covers everything needed for the fans.  No one else we play has their own song, either. It is not embarrassing and does exactly what it is intended to do.....highlight the Longview Lobos and all of the things that everyone loves about a Lobos football game. 

I like it too. No, I'm not really a fan of Tony Stampley (or modern country music in general), but I love how it honors our team, our programs, and our tradition(s). I appreciate the fact that a professional Nashville-based musician donated his time and talents to celebrating something that we all take a lot of pride in. Having attended most Lobo football games since it came out, I've noticed a positive reaction among players and fans in the stadium. I'm also aware that it annoys the #### out of the opposing teams and their fans. This is almost worth it all by itself. 

As I've said every time this topic has come up: I would be glad to help promote another "hype song" that does the same thing, in a style that the young folks like...  just as soon as someone volunteers. Anyone, anyone? Bueller? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Let’s go Lobos!!!! Rock the Rebels, Pop them Panhandle boys,  Thrash Tascosa,  and by all means be polite doing it 😁

Lol. Tomorrow nothing we have said on here is going to matter anyways. Both teams are going to be smashing each other violently (politely I guess) I cant wait.   Last weekend before the game we had the pleasure of eating at a restaurant with a lot of Haltom families. We all had a great time talking football and got along fine. In the end we are family and friends of these players that we are proud of. I don’t know about y’all but I’m going to watch the Allen game too. Heard a lot about them👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ClaySpan said:

Lol. Tomorrow nothing we have said on here is going to matter anyways. Both teams are going to be smashing each other violently (politely I guess) I cant wait.   Last weekend before the game we had the pleasure of eating at a restaurant with a lot of Haltom families. We all had a great time talking football and got along fine. In the end we are family and friends of these players that we are proud of. I don’t know about y’all but I’m going to watch the Allen game too. Heard a lot about them👍

Awesome. Be safe travelling! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ClaySpan said:

Lol. Tomorrow nothing we have said on here is going to matter anyways. Both teams are going to be smashing each other violently (politely I guess) I cant wait.   Last weekend before the game we had the pleasure of eating at a restaurant with a lot of Haltom families. We all had a great time talking football and got along fine. In the end we are family and friends of these players that we are proud of. I don’t know about y’all but I’m going to watch the Allen game too. Heard a lot about them👍

I think it's so cool how these two teams are linked, from the coaches, the QB's being coaches sons and hanging out together during the summers sometimes.  Best of luck to both teams, and I pray they all make it out healthy and safe travels to all fans.  GO LOBOS!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Quick said:

Man, go sit down somewhere. I am the one who brought up the black players in jest. It's all in good fun to pass time. And, if you can't figure out why people NOT from Amarillo would question the amount of blacks on your team, you probably need to take a look at your city as a whole regarding demographics and location. 

I can only speak for myself. But, when I first came through Amarillo 2 years ago and then again on my way to California about 3 weeks ago, it reminds me of Midland and Odessa, Texas isolated in the middle of nowhere with dust everywhere and very, very, very few blacks. White people are even in the minority up there.

When I think about Amarillo the first thing that comes to mind is a Sombrero being placed on a nearby table out of nowhere with banjo music in the background and dust flying in my eye. You don't get comfortable going down Hwy. 287 South until you reach Wichita Falls, Texas. So, AGAIN you can quit reaching for the HICK word. That term ain't even remotely close to what people are thinking. A bottle of hot sauce, FUTBÓL? You better believe it!

 

lkVO2a0QHIFzi.gif

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I hate I can't make this one. Previous plans that can't be rescheduled. I will definitely be at next week's game, once we handle business this Saturday.

 

Go Lobos! 

I PRAY we handle business so we can live to see a next week. I'm confident but, as you well know NOTHING is given especially at this round of football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WolverBean said:

 

lkVO2a0QHIFzi.gif

 

4 hours ago, WolverBean said:

 

lkVO2a0QHIFzi.gif

 

2 hours ago, Quick said:

I PRAY we handle business so we can live to see a next week. I'm confident but, as you well know NOTHING is given especially at this round of football. 

So you are saying that Amarillo is all white and Hispanics so you have to hold your pee until Wichita Falls😂😂😂. You can have a seat. You are going to want to sit down for this,,, I’m going to put it all out there and show you my family. Blood or married into.( except for me with my friends at a conference in DC) which race are you too scared of to stop? We don’t see race around here. We are very diversified. It’s funny because I like Longview. Our team goes down there ( around there) for a few days every summer. It is where we stay, other parents stay at the spot. There is a good Hispanic restaurant there with great sopspillas. You might not go there because of the challulla on the tables and probably decorative sombreros on the wall. I’m probably just going overboard because of my family and the high school I went to, but racism isn’t funny at all in any context to me. 

CAB6EEAE-BB1F-44B3-A4A7-82C93FA35C7C.jpeg

41409CAB-7C02-433F-AFB0-97B6C9A5F731.jpeg

2D2DD151-CAA9-46D9-8FC2-558F2F91B4B7.jpeg

71A815EB-4971-4F99-B0B6-106C18D33092.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This type of offense requires everyone to stay at home and play their techniques.. Especially the LB and tackles. Longview has the speed and talent to man on man this option. It may take a minute but by the 3rd Qtr.  they will have this figured out. 

Good Luck Bos 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ClaySpan said:

 

 

So you are saying that Amarillo is all white and Hispanics so you have to hold your pee until Wichita Falls😂😂😂. You can have a seat. You are going to want to sit down for this,,, I’m going to put it all out there and show you my family. Blood or married into.( except for me with my friends at a conference in DC) which race are you too scared of to stop? We don’t see race around here. We are very diversified. It’s funny because I like Longview. Our team goes down there ( around there) for a few days every summer. It is where we stay, other parents stay at the spot. There is a good Hispanic restaurant there with great sopspillas. You might not go there because of the challulla on the tables and probably decorative sombreros on the wall. I’m probably just going overboard because of my family and the high school I went to, but racism isn’t funny at all in any context to me. 

CAB6EEAE-BB1F-44B3-A4A7-82C93FA35C7C.jpeg

41409CAB-7C02-433F-AFB0-97B6C9A5F731.jpeg

2D2DD151-CAA9-46D9-8FC2-558F2F91B4B7.jpeg

71A815EB-4971-4F99-B0B6-106C18D33092.jpeg

Excellent pics. Now, I'll share mine. My first 4 children are by a white woman. I am dark as the ace of spades and she is damn near the color of Xerox copier paper. No joke. If, I wasn't behind this wheel traveling, I would upload you my family and friends at this past Thanksgiving. We'll get back to X's & O's and whatnot. No one is being racist though, especially with what I've had to deal with my entire life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...