Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

Worst 2nd half we have played all year. They did play dirty.  We just couldn’t get to their qb.   He was quick.   The last 5 minutes were tense. That hook and ladder play was to perfection. Excited about next week but we have to play smarter

20 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

For all the people on here that said Longview was gonna beat Tascosa Huge and by a landslide... yeah... 3 points is a lot. LOL ... and for everyone saying Tascosa played dirty and is a dirty team.. Who's  team got the dirty penalties? LOL It seams like people are just mad cause the Rebels started making a 4th quarter come back and the game could have easily gone Tascosa's way if Lobos didn't land on that fumble with a minute and a half left.... You know you were getting scaaaaaared. 😂😂😂 Nevertheless,  Longview Lobos did WIN and Big Congrats for going on to the final round... It's been a pleasure poking fun and debating with ya Lobo fans.... Good luck next weekend and go beat West Brook !!!!  

I mean it took onsides kicks and trick plays just for Tascosa to pull within one possession. Never had the ball with a chance to take the lead.

Good job scaring us, though, I guess. 

Plunk is a great athlete for sure

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean it took onsides kicks and trick plays just for Tascosa to pull within one possession. Never had the ball with a chance to take the lead.

Good job scaring us, though, I guess. 

Plunk is a great athlete for sure

You probably won’t understand but I needed this post....we just have to play a complete game of Lobo ball next week

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Just crazy watching these boys play for a ship. They would've played for one last year too if JK Martin was kicking.

Crazy thing is, this group had what it took the entire time. If you remember my posts back in 2014/2015....I always told folks "watch out for them 7th and 8th graders man, it's some serious talent in those grades". Now they are playing for a ship.

Tough win, game should've been a blowout but definitely proud of these boys. Let's finish it up next week Bos!

No.  I don’t remember😎  can you recap it for me. 

• LOL! 1

46 minutes ago, RebelsRock said:

For all the people on here that said Longview was gonna beat Tascosa Huge and by a landslide... yeah... 3 points is a lot. 

You sure didn't have this energy in the 1st half. lol

You wanna moral victory for it ending in a close game? Ok. Congrats, but too bad moral victories show up as L's in WL column.

• LOL! 3

3 hours ago, lobos2011 said:

Ref had never seen a form tackle that hard. He  was nervous announcing that one in front of Lobo fans lol

That's exactly what that was, a textbook form tackle! You don't see a lot of those anyway. I don't know if players are being taught form tackling. We were taught facemask in the chest and wrap up, simultaneously.

9 hours ago, Gramps said:

It sounds like you guys had the same ref team Marshall had playing Huntsville. I truly believe they have something against East Texas teams. The refs controlled the entire game in favor of Huntsville. They need replay in all playoff games!

Marshall-Huntsville was Waco chapter....Longview-Tascosa was Dallas chapter

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

33 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Marshall-Huntsville was Waco chapter....Longview-Tascosa was Dallas chapter

Horrible crew Stepp...I don’t usually gripe but if you watch the game I can show at least 3 times our LBs were tackled at the ankles (completely wrapped up) that sprung huge runs for Plunk and no call...I hope we don’t get that idiotic group next week

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kingwolf said:

You probably won’t understand but I needed this post....we just have to play a complete game of Lobo ball next week

You needed his post or mine? If mine, I can understand it. People got nervous and feel like Tascosa played us closer than they should've. In reality, we were never in danger of losing unless they had gotten another onsides kick. And they had to run a crazy trick play... Good call on their part. Also Coach King got super conservative and didn't call the game he should've. But straight up, we win that game by 14 points. Maybe more. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You needed his post or mine? If mine, I can understand it. People got nervous and feel like Tascosa played us closer than they should've. In reality, we were never in danger of losing unless they had gotten another onsides kick. And they had to run a crazy trick play... Good call on their part. Also Coach King got super conservative and didn't call the game he should've. But straight up, we win that game by 14 points. Maybe more. 

I think he was referring to you. I completely agree with you as well. 14 points off 2 tricks plays. When Longview kicked the field goal I knew Tascosa's offense wouldn't be able to score quick enough to come back. They did one heck of a job trying though.