Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Amarillo Tascosa Rebels (11-3)  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a close one
    • Amarillo Tascosa in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

53 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I understand what you are saying. IF Tascosa manage to beat or play LV close, then you are probably right.  But I have to be honest, I need to see that to believe it. I don't want to disrespect any team this far in playoffs, but I think Longview will win this game by a few scores.

Going to be a better game than most think

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

1st D1 offer, 2nd offer overall (first from Arkansas Tech). 

Great for Anderson and well deserved. 

This year's Longview backfield is going to go up there with some of the best and a case can certainly be made for the absolute best especially if we're talking depth.

Let's be honest, if Williams was bigger, he'd have offers too. And we all know Meredith will play major D1 ball one day. Kevin Jones at 5'10 215 is also a rock at the FB position. Not to mention Markevion Haynes at 5'10 190.

Next year's backfield is going to be damn good too. We'll get Meredith, Jones and M.Haynes back next year + add Shannon Jackson II from JV (who had a TD run vs Cove 1st round). Hutchins will also be another big back out of that sophomore class with Meredith and Haynes. Wow. But we'll think about that when we get there.

Attention is on Tascosa. I truly believe we will win this game and MAY do it impressively. As I said before, they weren't picked by anyone outside of Amarillo to rep Region 1 and they should be respected for that. But it's a matchup thing that does not favor Tascosa's style of play. Our boys are on a mission. Folks slept on this Lobo defense earlier in the year after I told them repeatedly that they had high potential. They are going to play a major role in this game and I tell ya what, JR Goram-Welch has been playing like a mad man since playoffs started. He's been effective all year but since playoffs started he turned it up a notch. Tyshawn Taylor having a damn good JR year at LB, Robert Pierce at S who leads the team in INT, Buchanan at CB...these are all underclassmen doing this! The leadership and experience of great Sr's like Lister, Jacob Johnson, Writt, Jalen Allen is icing on the cake.

We got this. Beat Tascosa.

If I recall didn't Goram-Welc play on the oline last year,I could see why may took him little time to adjust to new spot 

19 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

If I recall didn't Goram-Welc play on the oline last year,I could see why may took him little time to adjust to new spot 

You know what's crazy?

Goram-Welch actually came up blocking and catching passes from Haynes. He was originally the TE of that JR class when they were freshmen and below. Out of Foster MS.

JR #88 Jhailon Braden developed into a good TE, so Goram-Welch was moved to RT his sophomore year. He also played on the d-line as well. 

Then comes spring ball 2018, he was moved to the d-line full time....the rest is history. He can play every position on the defensive line which is why D1 schools have taken notice.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You know what's crazy?

Goram-Welch actually came up blocking and catching passes from Haynes. He was originally the TE of that JR class when they were freshmen and below. Out of Foster MS.

JR #88 Jhailon Braden developed into a good TE, so Goram-Welch was moved to RT his sophomore year. He also played on the d-line as well. 

Then comes spring ball 2018, he was moved to the d-line full time....the rest is history. He can play every position on the defensive line which is why D1 schools have taken notice.

Good bloodline too. Daddy played college ball. 

On 12/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, LoboFan07 said:

I mean they did just get Lake Ridge and Haltom to travel all the way out there. 

Meh.

Im interested in seeing many of their fans show up tbh. We all know Lobo Nation will have their biggest crowd of the year on Saturday.

You are not lying! Haltom traveled all the way to Lubbock the day before it snowed! You should have seen how bad Arlington had it with the wind blowing sand so bad you could barely see driving to Midland! Lake Ridge had to drive ALL THE WAY to Wichita Falls! I watched y’alls game and it was so cute with everyone wrapped up in blankets and I think you could see your breath sometimes. These poor West Texas Men are used to all that mess. And FYI Wichita Falls is 4 hours from Amarillo. We traveled to Midland 3 times this season( 4 hours away) San Antonio 8 hours. The only thing that this Tascosa team is asking from anyone is to make them the underdog. Please! Go on and plan your next game👌 Everyone else has. The fans that show up Saturday will in no way match your sidelines. Y’all are traveling 2 hours 😂 . Lake Ridge brought the house too. The only thing Tascosa is going to have to adjust is not having 20-40 mph winds, 20 degree temperatures, and ice and snow. Going to be a great game👍

9 minutes ago, ClaySpan said:

You are not lying! Haltom traveled all the way to Lubbock the day before it snowed! You should have seen how bad Arlington had it with the wind blowing sand so bad you could barely see driving to Midland! Lake Ridge had to drive ALL THE WAY to Wichita Falls! I watched y’alls game and it was so cute with everyone wrapped up in blankets and I think you could see your breath sometimes. These poor West Texas Men are used to all that mess. And FYI Wichita Falls is 4 hours from Amarillo. We traveled to Midland 3 times this season( 4 hours away) San Antonio 8 hours. The only thing that this Tascosa team is asking from anyone is to make them the underdog. Please! Go on and plan your next game👌 Everyone else has. The fans that show up Saturday will in no way match your sidelines. Y’all are traveling 2 hours 😂 . Lake Ridge brought the house too. The only thing Tascosa is going to have to adjust is not having 20-40 mph winds, 20 degree temperatures, and ice and snow. Going to be a great game👍

xSp1ZHQ.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You know what's crazy?

Te! 👀 Would been yuge te lol!

I'm digging the defense since we changed up  the scheme?  From 4-2-5?

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Did that guy really just say Lake Ridge brought the house? 😂😂😂

Lol all I remember from that 2015 game against LR was that their defense was atrocious and their offense was good.... And they did that BS where they go for it every 4th down, onsides kick every time, etc. But we GASHED them in the running game. I dunno if this year's team is better on defense, but that one was bad. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol all I remember from that 2015 game against LR was that their defense was atrocious and their offense was good.... And they did that BS where they go for it every 4th down, onsides kick every time, etc. But we GASHED them in the running game. I dunno if this year's team is better on defense, but that one was bad. 

2015 they definitely had a bigger crowd than their 2014 adventure, but it was still beyond lol worthy for a team right down the road.

I don't feel like Lake Ridge as that solid of a team this season. Definitely hit or miss....Struggled with South Grand Prairie, but then beat DeSoto before struggling with a bad Waxahachie squad. Got destroyed by Cedar Hill before struggling with a bad Mansfield team. Struggled with Lake Highlands and needed 3 OTs to beat a bleh Guyer squad this season. 

Weird season for the Eagles. Of course their season ended in Midland this season with the loss to Tascosa. 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:09 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Since we have three games at Jerruh World are they going to do it like the finals and you buy one ticket for all three games or are they going to run everybody out after each game and charge individually for each game?

One ticket for 3 games.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, Rob123 said:

Does anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere ? Can't make the trip but would love to see it.

Don't think it's been announced yet, but I'd imagine all three games will be streamed.

I remember playing Lake Highlands, Plano and Duncanville when they were heavy option offenses.  The key thing we did was hit the QB on every option play.  By the end of the game it was rough on those guys.  Duncanville in 97 had a great offense and outstanding QB that we took completely out of the game.  Coach King understands the option offense very well.  We have ran it quite a bit in the past.  Defense needs to play their assignments 

Everyone concerned with Amarillo's Triple Flex Option, "duh" load the box and match up our Db's with their WR's force them to pass the ball. They pass 12 percent of the time this year the other 88% was flex and pistol runs. Common sense would tell you they will be profiecent in running football it is not a crime to make smart adjustments to this situation. Coaches don't let your pride get in the way of this season.

NOTE: until they proved they could pass i would put 8 in the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 down linemen and 4 LB standing in the gaps - change it up blitz or back out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Longview (14-0) vs. Amarillo-Tascosa (11-3), Class 6A (D-II) Semifinals