Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

THis is going to be a fun one to watch.  That other game, I will go ahead and chalk LaVega in.  No idea how Decatur has lasted this far.  Have they had an easy path?  Kind of... They've caught some breaks... the QB for Hirschi was out both times they beat them this year.  A HUGE difference maker.  Not saying it mattered completely in the outcome, but it helped.  That Hereford district wasn't exactly a juggernaut...  That Decatur team is here via Coaching only.

Carthage comes through in tight situations... we've seen it so many times this year...  That heart attack a week ago... I think if LH can get a lead, they better make it more than 8 points and keep it more than 8...

Taking Carthage in a close win in which Carthage gets and holds onto a lead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That seems like a lifetime ago.  I would not bank on this game being remotely similar.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That seems like a lifetime ago.  I would not bank on this game being remotely similar.

IMO LH is stronger than p grove and they’re both slot t teams that can possess the ball for long clock eating drives. But your right. It probably won’t even be a contest 

10 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

IMO LH is stronger than p grove and they’re both slot t teams that can possess the ball for long clock eating drives. But your right. It probably won’t even be a contest 

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be a contest.  I’m not naive to what they can do.  I’m saying LH won’t blow out Carthage again 41-14.  I’m leaning towards a high scoring game in which both teams score over 30.  Not yet ready to make a score prediction.  But I believe Carthage is the better team if they show up and play to their potential.

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be a contest.  I’m not naive to what they can do.  I’m saying LH won’t blow out Carthage again 41-14.  I’m leaning towards a high scoring game in which both teams score over 30.  Not yet ready to make a score prediction.  But I believe Carthage is the better team if they show up and play to their potential.

When and Where is this one gonna be played ?  I’ve probably overlooked it. That cold weather wore me out today. 

1 hour ago, bmoc said:

Question.........will the out going supt wait til Thursday to decide when school will be dismissed on Friday or does the new supt make a decision on Monday that will benefit the whole district???

This will be Dr. Hambrick’s call. The new supt won’t get hired until 21 days from being named the lone finalist (on the 7th I believe). Also, Hambrick isn’t technically retiring until the end of January.

Hopefully he will make the call Monday. 

My take on this game. 

I do not believe LH has anyone that can run with Dixon or Kel. Gunner will have a good game throwing the ball. If LV bring double coverage on Dixon and Kel, the tight end and running back will catch a lot of balls. 

No one has said much about the LH defense other than they are small. 

I look for the Dawg O line to give Gunner lots of time and motor grade when running the ball. 

I dont think LV has played a well balanced offense like the Dawgs. 

I also think the Dawg D line is as good as anyone in 4A and will do a good job slowing down LH run game and getting two or three stops and hopefully causing a couple of turnovers. 

Dawgs 42  LH 28

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

Looking at LH’s schedule & results, they have blown several teams out, but I me, the game that seem to be most telling is the Sept. 21 game against Pflugerville Connolly where LH scored 89 points, yet GAVE UP 34... To me, that indicates weakness in the defense which Surratt, Preston et al will exploit to it’s fullest, while simultaneously utilizing the battle proven Dawg D to severely curtail the disciplined Offensive ground game.

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals