Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

15 hours ago, Rob123 said:

Like i said in my previous post LH is good at hiding the ball and quick coming off the ball.There is no doubt in my mind Carthage can score points either running or passing.I do think  keeping turnovers to a minimum is very significant . Both of these teams has played quality 5a teams so i do think it's going to be a physical smash mouth match.

Who was the quality 5a team LH played?

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals
5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

LH has the more “Cupcake” schedule, no doubt...

By a long shot. Carthage’s opponents didn’t do too hot this year, but I don’t think Taylor wants any part of Kilgore. Those teams had similar records, but I think would be a lopsided victory for Kilgore if they played. 

29 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

By a long shot. Carthage’s opponents didn’t do too hot this year, but I don’t think Taylor wants any part of Kilgore. Those teams had similar records, but I think would be a lopsided victory for Kilgore if they played. 

We say that because we give credit to Kilgore, and LE, and Gilmer for being who they are, but if I calculated correctly their opponents have a slightly better winning percentage than ours.  Gap closes if you count henderson twice.  I believe we play in a tougher region, and we all know LE's losses were against some of the biggest powerhouses in the state.

Just now, coachkells said:

Hutto is 5A D1 and they went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  Marshall Is 5A D2 and also went 3 rounds deep.   

Both are very similar in style Both have D1 QB Hutto's Griffin is committed to UCLA, while Marshall's Green has 3 offers.  

Hutto: Griffin 4051 yards 51 TD to 5 INT

Rushing total 2114 

PPG 50.1

Marshall: Green 2499 yards 36 TD to 12 INT 

Rushing Total 2770

PPG 33.7

Hutto also played one less game.  

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

I don't think you can stop it only hope to contain it and out score them. Liberty hill is going to get theirs.  It's going to be a great game cant wait to watch it on the way back from the La Vega game.  

Agreed. Very dangerous game for Carthage. They dont see this Offense much. 

2 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I don't think you can stop it only hope to contain it and out score them. Liberty hill is going to get theirs.  It's going to be a great game cant wait to watch it on the way back from the La Vega game.  

Can/could La Vega stop Liberty Hill or just hope to contain them ?

16 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Both are very similar in style Both have D1 QB Hutto's Griffin is committed to UCLA, while Marshall's Green has 3 offers.  

Hutto: Griffin 4051 yards 51 TD to 5 INT

Rushing total 2114 

PPG 50.1

Marshall: Green 2499 yards 36 TD to 12 INT 

Rushing Total 2770

PPG 33.7

Hutto also played one less game.  

First, I'm picking Carthage in this one based on who they are and proven track record.  I haven't seen them this year.  I have seen Liberty Hill play 4 games and they are very good, but impossible to have a good read on how this one will go without having seen Carthage.

Thank you for breaking that down for the knucklehead who thought Marshall might be better (more athletic) than Hutto.  I was at the LH vs Hutto game.  LH lost in part because they went for the 2-point conversion in OT.  They have an excellent kicker and could have tied it to go to 2nd OT.  They were playing at Hutto, so good call on part of the LH coach to go ahead and try for the 2 pt.  They'd already accomplished what they went there for and no point in getting anyone hurt in a pre-district double OT game.  Also, the Hutto QB is legitimate along with some other extremely athletic team members.

16 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Can/could La Vega stop Liberty Hill or just hope to contain them ?

They played twice last year LV one both time LH only scored 18 in each game.  You have to get them behind the chains and play assignment football.  They are a lot like Paris in that they hope that you make a mistake and if you do the Liberty Hill band will be playing.  

8 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Word over there on that other site is they've been working on the passing game this week in practice. Maybe they are maybe not.  Could just be disinformation. 

They're not.  They won't win based on passing.  Their QB does what he does well, but he can't pass with any consistency and doesn't have much of an arm.  Carthage will have good opportunities to make picks if LH tries to pass.