Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

I am glad we’ve got them wearing white jerseys! 

Their shell game frustrates me, because they’re not lining up and running at you they’re trying to trick you all the time on every play.

I know they’re playing within the rules of the game, but it’s just a little annoying. 

I’ll get raked over the coals for this post, but it’s how I feel about their offense, it’s like a big scam.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Lol.  As if a screen pass is some new offensive formation.  Cutting edge stuff 😂

Who cares what you think. I can guarantee you this Carthage will get beat sooner or later. You can write that down in your

cutting edge stuff journal lol  I'm from east texas and live close to carthage.I'm just making my pick .

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Noticed  a poster on that other sports forum remarked something to the effect that all us Dawg fans have already punched our tickets to jerryworld.  I understand that all us Dawg homers are picking us to get the W but ive not seen anyone say it would be a walk in the park.  The biggest point spread ive seen from anyone from Ctown was 2 td's.  Not exactly a crazy pick.  I think someone not from carthage said 21.  So all you downlow folks,  if you're reading this, trust me when i say,  nobody from here is looking past ya'll.  We well remember the beating we took the last time we played.

5 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Who cares what you think. I can guarantee you this Carthage will get beat sooner or later. You can write that down in your

cutting edge stuff journal lol  I'm from east texas and live close to carthage.I'm just making my pick .

Hlion,  is that you?  Get a grip. I'm just having fun.  Nothing but respect for LH from this fan. 

31 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Hlion,  is that you?  Get a grip. I'm just having fun.  Nothing but respect for LH from this fan. 

I know you are :)  Same here too :)  I'll eat my crow like a man :)  Know i picked carthage over henderson by at least 3 td's in one of my posts.:) 

• Like 1

This will be a tale of the clock.... LH will chew the clock and keep the ball away from Carthage as much as possible like any good Slot-T team , but don’t be mistaken, they have the speed and discipline to break big plays against anyone who doesn’t play disciplined defense..... and how many slot T teams does Carthage see ina season....

However Carthage is a seasoned and very athletic team with a proven system  .....

Carthage by 10

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am glad we’ve got them wearing white jerseys! 

Their shell game frustrates me, because they’re not lining up and running at you they’re trying to trick you all the time on every play.

I know they’re playing within the rules of the game, but it’s just a little annoying. 

I’ll get raked over the coals for this post, but it’s how I feel about their offense, it’s like a big scam.

That's funny.

Hard to predict with nothing to compare Carthage  and LH against.  I don’t know how strong the LH schedule was and I don’t think they have a common opponent.  All I know is they are both the best teams in their region.  Both have a lot of playoff history .  I don’t see a real high scoring game.  Other than turnovers I think th D of one of these teams will be the difference

On 12/9/2018 at 12:53 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Looking at LH’s schedule & results, they have blown several teams out, but I me, the game that seem to be most telling is the Sept. 21 game against Pflugerville Connolly where LH scored 89 points, yet GAVE UP 34... To me, that indicates weakness in the defense which Surratt, Preston et al will exploit to it’s fullest, while simultaneously utilizing the battle proven Dawg D to severely curtail the disciplined Offensive ground game.

That night the Walker duo were trying to keep the score down for one and playing 2nd and 3rd string kids early to get some snaps for a long season.... and btw Connaly is some of the most Athletic kids you’ll ever see that just can’t get it going !!!

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SYSTEM THAT LH BRINGS AND THE TENACITY OF THOSE KIDS,  THEY ARE HUNGRY ALSO!!!! Gonna be a slugfest for a while

5 minutes ago, norm77 said:

That night the Walker duo were trying to keep the score down for one and playing 2nd and 3rd string kids early to get some snaps for a long season.... and btw Connaly is some of the most Athletic kids you’ll ever see that just can’t get it going !!!

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SYSTEM THAT LH BRINGS AND THE TENACITY OF THOSE KIDS,  THEY ARE HUNGRY ALSO!!!! Gonna be a slugfest for a while

At this stage of the playoffs, only the best teams remain. Coach Surratt is well aware of the skill set his Dawgs face tomorrow night; He has stated the “never quit”  nature of Liberty Hill’s players, as well as their skillful deceptions with the Slot T, & both he & Coach Preston are readying their troops for what promises to be a battle royal.😋👌

• Like 1