Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

14 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Classic!  They (Carthage) have everything and we (LH) are just playing on raw talent, guts, determination and high execution.  Very strange for the LH coach to mention some of those things he did (ie coaches pay).  Almost like he watched Hoosiers before the interview.

I think he mentioned coaches pay as a subtle hint to LHISD he needs a pay raise, because his team is in the semifinals against a team who pays their coach almost more than any other high school in Texas.

He’s looking to get into another tax bracket, hahaha!! 😆😂🤣😆

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think he mentioned coaches pay as a subtle hint to LHISD he needs a pay raise, because his team is in the semifinals against a team who pays their coach almost more than any other high school in Texas.

He’s looking to get into another tax bracket, hahaha!! 😆😂🤣😆

Maybe so but kind of tacky to mention it in a news article.  Same with the practice facilities, etc.  Maybe this coach is trying to use that as some sort of motivation for his players and the community.  Not sure but just not my taste at all.  There are so many more things you can say in that interview about Carthage than what he chose to say.

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Maybe so but kind of tacky to mention it in a news article.  Same with the practice facilities, etc.  Maybe this coach is trying to use that as some sort of motivation for his players and the community.  Not sure but just not my taste at all.  There are so many more things you can say in that interview about Carthage than what he chose to say.

agree.  bulletin board material for carthage coaches.  

5 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Classic!  They (Carthage) have everything and we (LH) are just playing on raw talent, guts, determination and high execution.  Very strange for the LH coach to mention some of those things he did (ie coaches pay).  Almost like he watched Hoosiers before the interview.

David vs Goliath type story, sounds like.... I have no doubt his guys are going to give 110% until the final whistle; He’s got some very well disciplined players who are hungry for the chance to go to“THE SHOW” at AT&T; That’s what ALL these kids aspire to do, & they may very well bloody Carthage’s nose in this fight, just like Midlothian Heritage did, & found out that Carthage doesn’t quit Either... “It ain’t Over, ‘til it’s OVER!”  Go Carthage!!!!

7 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

the article reminded me of another coach from earlier in the season talking about things he had no business saying.   not gonna mention any names but we all know how that turned out for him and his team.......................TWICE  !!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

19 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Noticed  a poster on that other sports forum remarked something to the effect that all us Dawg fans have already punched our tickets to jerryworld.  I understand that all us Dawg homers are picking us to get the W but ive not seen anyone say it would be a walk in the park.  The biggest point spread ive seen from anyone from Ctown was 2 td's.  Not exactly a crazy pick.  I think someone not from carthage said 21.  So all you downlow folks,  if you're reading this, trust me when i say,  nobody from here is looking past ya'll.  We well remember the beating we took the last time we played.

Yup - that would be me!  I read through all the posts.  One or two folks appear to be quelling the crowd, but by my read - most on here think its a done deal.  Hey just my perception.  As I stated on the Downlow, LH has to execute at a high level, stick to their game plan and they can win - will they?  Who the hell knows!  But I think they have the stuff to get it done against a high powered Carthage team.  Best of luck to both teams.  GO LH!!!!

34 minutes ago, panfan said:

Yup - that would be me!  I read through all the posts.  One or two folks appear to be quelling the crowd, but by my read - most on here think its a done deal.  Hey just my perception.  As I stated on the Downlow, LH has to execute at a high level, stick to their game plan and they can win - will they?  Who the hell knows!  But I think they have the stuff to get it done against a high powered Carthage team.  Best of luck to both teams.  GO LH!!!!

I’m the one or two!  LOL.  I think LH can play with Carthage.  But as the week has progressed I think the story line from LH has focused on the vaunted slot T vs the Carthage D and how much trouble Carthage is going to have slowing it down.   Not many of their fans are even considering another story line which is the Carthage pro style offense vs the LH D.  There are many matchup problems for LH against the Carthage O.  Capps could throw for 400 yards if a few things fall right.  And if I hear how hard the LH kids have worked since Aug and that they deserve this win one more time I’m going to puke!  I mean what team left standing hasn’t worked hard since Aug?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m the one or two!  LOL.  I think LH can play with Carthage.  But as the week has progressed I think the story line from LH has focused on the vaunted slot T vs the Carthage D and how much trouble Carthage is going to have slowing it down.   Not many of their fans are even considering another story line which is the Carthage pro style offense vs the LH D.  There are many matchup problems for LH against the Carthage O.  Capps could throw for 400 yards if a few things fall right.  And if I hear how hard the LH kids have worked since Aug and that they deserve this win one more time I’m going to puke!  I mean what team left standing hasn’t worked hard since Aug?

We all know Carthage is gonna score, doesn't matter how, just that ya'll don't score more than us! LH D has been fairly effective against a wide range of offenses, some good some not so good.  Carthage will be certainly be at the top of the list in terms of powerful offenses.  Been up against some really good QBs who had a talented receiving corps and solid running backs.  So, while it may be understated, LH D has to do its job or it will be a long night.  So far they have held their own. 

Yeah we got some homers who are all about the "T".  It has its advantages and disadvantages.  When its run correctly, it has more advantages than disadvantages.  But as many note, its not a come from 2 or three scores down type of offense.  So, LH has to keep it close, meaning match score for score.  Did that against Hutto and a powerful offense and the result speaks for itself - preseason game, go for the win - missed, so carry on and know that yep - we can hang with the big boys.   Carthage D will be stout, we know that.  Can they stop the "T", sure, can they stop it consistently - remains to be seen.  That is why we play the game, right!

Agree on who deserves to be here - all these kids have busted their arses - and they all deserve to be here.     

Not going to read through this entire thread..... but I'm assuming the major storyline is how will Carthage defend against the vaunted wing/slot tee offense from LH.... an offensive scheme that Carthage hardly ever sees?

Did you watch the Carthage/Kennedale game last December? Kennedale had the same type of offense with a massive, massive offensive line, a couple of stud RB's and a magician at QB..... Carthage defense never blinked an eye. Is '18 Carthage D as good as '17..... probably not. But you can bet that Coach Preston will have his young men in the right position to defend whatever LH throws at them.

• Thanks 2