Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

5 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Just get back in the oil field, the safety man will make things go fast, they generate a lot of hate. 😎

No lie! It’s always been my opinion that the best Safety Men are ones who have actually Done the “work” rather than some 22 year old son of a friend who just happens to be your boss& has a fresh college degree in Safety. I HATE those punks.....

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

No lie! It’s always been my opinion that the best Safety Men are ones who have actually Done the “work” rather than some 22 year old son of a friend who just happens to be your boss& has a fresh college degree in Safety. I HATE those punks.....

They played a big part in my retirement 

3 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Im fine with teasing,  i just dont like stupid.  "My how the mighty have fallen" is just plain stupid.  We lost by 3 in a state semifinal in a game we couldve just as easily won.  Not like we got run out of the stadium.  I predicted a 3-peat to start the season and we got pretty darn close.  We just weren't good enough.  That's ok.  We know we cant win it all every year.  We will be back next year.  Until then have a Merry Christmas everyone. 

Actually the miss catches early is what stopped Carthage, Carthage mistakes costed,Carthage stopped Carthage, not taking away from Liberty Hill but the mistakes from first half. Congrats. To Liberty Hill and Carthage will be back stronger next year.

6 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Actually the miss catches early is what stopped Carthage, Carthage mistakes costed,Carthage stopped Carthage, not taking away from Liberty Hill but the mistakes from first half. Congrats. To Liberty Hill and Carthage will be back stronger next year.

True statement, there....

6 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

You watch the same game I watched?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You watch the same game I watched?

Actually there were a lot of miss catches from Carthage and Carthage did had problem of stopping the Slot-t but if it wasn't for miss catches, the score wouldn't be the way it was, I don't think LH defense is that dominate, it's the Slot-t offense. And I watch it live from a buddy of mine that order the live high school games online while back and has the membership still.

10 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Actually there were a lot of miss catches from Carthage and Carthage did had problem of stopping the Slot-t but if it wasn't for miss catches, the score wouldn't be the way it was, I don't think LH defense is that dominate, it's the Slot-t offense. And I watch it live from a buddy of mine that order the live high school games online while back and has the membership still.

20 completions out of 43 attempts would surely yield more than enough points to swing the score into Carthage’s favor if only a couple more passes had been caught.

• LOL! 1

55 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The only thing worse than a 22 year old safety guy fresh out of college is a 22 year old engineer fresh out of college. The safety guy doesn’t get to draw the stuff I have to work on every day. Tru storie. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Ohhh so La Vega is known for playing alot of Liberty Hill, and can slow the slot-T, then yes it will be difficult on Liberty Hill. I don't think Carthage were use to playing against the slot-T, if Carthage would of known A lot about playing the slot-T then Carthage maybe wouldn't have much problems against it but it's something never seen.

Yep, CHS hasn’t had much action against that offense. LV will win comfortably.

That Liberty hill offense was on point all night I know it  easy to say watch film all day on them and get ready but once it in game it different story it a hard offense to plan for  Carthage played hard tho almost had chance to win I didn’t like the onside kick choice should of kicked it to the other side

think carthage met LH in maybe '07.  may have knocked carthage out then.  they had back to back '06  and '07.  then carthage did 3 peat after that.  think that was team that drove me crazy trying to figure out who had the ball.  

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

That Liberty hill offense was on point all night I know it  easy to say watch film all day on them and get ready but once it in game it different story it a hard offense to plan for  Carthage played hard tho almost had chance to win I didn’t like the onside kick choice should of kicked it to the other side

I think when Carthage kicked the onside kick is when I think something seconds left in game, so yes I liked it, cause it's a chance or  not a chance to get ball back, but if you kicked it deep with that many seconds left, LH would run  the clock out anyways, so it was no choice, either that or maybe kick it deep but on the ground not in air to hopefully get it back or maybe a fumble turn over.

Says a kid who has probably never done this...Austin Statesman write up.

“Forty and 0 is over-rated,” senior running back Kyle Harrison said after Liberty Hill outlasted Carthage 44-41 Friday night at Cy-Fair Stadium

All I am going to say is if Cathage had caught those passes, it would have been a different story.  I know that they didn't, and life is a should a, could a  would a, d and didn't kind a thing.   

12 hours ago, Liberty said:

Says a kid who has probably never done this...Austin Statesman write up.

“Forty and 0 is over-rated,” senior running back Kyle Harrison said after Liberty Hill outlasted Carthage 44-41 Friday night at Cy-Fair Stadium

All I am going to say is if Cathage had caught those passes, it would have been a different story.  I know that they didn't, and life is a should a, could a  would a, d and didn't kind a thing.   

No, he hasn't! And he's a 17-18 yearold kid, living his HS dream, scoring 37 td's last year and 38 (give or take) so far this. From an interview on FSSW, apparently he had read posts that he was overrated, so I can understand his postgame emotional comment.

And 40 is a HUGE deal! And that loss to end the streak is a total gut punch. We lived it at 39. 😢