Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

3 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Lh did run the ball on them. Carthage made too many mistakes.

I meant to say on my previous comment that LH had a problem with Carthage running the ball. They didn't stop you're running back very well.

You never know how the ball bounces until it's the final whistle. If LV makes the same mistakes it's made in previous years it could hand the game to LH. They play a fairly clean game and they may can possibly pull it out. I am almost possitive they won't manhandle them. I've seen some really nasty hits the last 3 ball games. Jaw breakers.

2 minutes ago, FB59 said:

You never know how the ball bounces until it's the final whistle. If LV makes the same mistakes it's made in previous years it could hand the game to LH. They play a fairly clean game and they may can possibly pull it out.

Your right there....turnovers can make a difference.LV  knows LH offense i'm assuming since they've allready played them a couple of times.

3 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Your right there....turnovers can make a difference.LV  knows LH offense i'm assuming since they've allready played them a couple of times.

Yeah they know that offense intimately .  The thing that really amazes me is the speed of LV's defense.  I saw a right defensive tackle run across the field to the left in tonight's game and tackle a receiver for a loss on a bubble screen. They just explode to the ball and through the ball carriers.

I was fairly confident all week that LH could play with Carthage tonight.  But Carthage was 7-10 points better if they execute.  You really can’t point to one play as the difference in the game.  Dropped passes, fumbled snap, interception, overthrown passes, missed tackles, etc.  Bottom line is LH executed just a little better and won the game.  Good luck next week at AT&T Panthers.  As for all the Carthage haters coming out to get their shots in, just know we will return around 15 starters along with an undefeated freshman team.  We will be here again next year playing for a shot to get to AT&T in 2019.  It’s just what we do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I was fairly confident all week that LH could play with Carthage tonight.  But Carthage was 7-10 points better if they execute.  You really can’t point to one play as the difference in the game.  Dropped passes, fumbled snap, interception, overthrown passes, missed tackles, etc.  Bottom line is LH executed just a little better and won the game.  Good luck next week at AT&T Panthers.  As for all the Carthage haters coming out to get their shots in, just know we will return around 15 starters along with an undefeated freshman team.  We will be here again next year playing for a shot to get to AT&T in 2019.  It’s just what we do.

You probably will win it next year. Although LV brings back almost the entire offense, the defense loses 7 guys. Mainly #15 and #11. Their defense is what got them where they are today, regardless of what the offense has done the last 4 years.

3 minutes ago, FB59 said:

Yeah they know that offense intimately .  The thing that really amazes me is the speed of LV's defense.  I saw a right defensive tackle run across the field to the left in tonight's game and tackle a receiver for a loss on a bubble screen. They just explode to the ball and through the ball carriers.

Well if LH can't run on vega there going to have a problem becasue they don't pass much. If i was LH i would come up with a passing game on vega ....surprise

them...that's if they have any receivers to catch. They did have one good pass on the bulldogs tonight right down the middle that did well.

10 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Well if LH can't run on vega there going to have a problem becasue they don't pass much. If i was LH i would come up with a passing game on vega ....surprise

them...that's if they have any receivers to catch. They did have one good pass on the bulldogs tonight right down the middle that did well.

Ask Argyle and Midlothian  Heritage how good that passing game thing works? Man they have an absolute vacuum at safety and the other 3 back there aren't too bad either. Against that Heritage QB that torched Carthage he only had 143 YDS passing against LV.

8 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Dance with the one who got you here... is just what they do. Don't change now, and they won't. Just execute. 

12 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

LH isn't going to "come up with a passing game" on anyone.  It's not what they do and there's no way they're going to change that especially this week.  Dance with the one that brung ya.

44 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

I agree ...Carthage should've had 2 more touchdowns added to there score.Of course the wind was blowing fairly hard too.p

8 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

LH isn't going to "come up with a passing game" on anyone.  It's not what they do and there's no way they're going to change that especially this week.  Dance with the one that brung ya.

Why would they need to pass if they are the #1 rushing team in the nation 

Congratulations go to Liberty Hill for running through our defense tonight. We just couldn’t stop the Panthers.

The Bulldogs didn’t help themselves with huge dropped passes, the fumble before half..

LH is good at what they do and it’s a frustrating thing to watch as a fan of the opposing team.

I’m proud of the Bulldogs this season and what many of the players on this year’s team accomplished together in years past. 

It’s been a whole lot of fun watching the Bulldogs supporting them when we win and when we lose.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

• Like 1