Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

32 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Great win LH and thanks for serving up a nice piece of humble pie to the Dawgs.  They did not have the referees around to save them this time against a smash mouth slot-t/wing-t offense.

Actually, the refs seemed to do all they could to help out Carthage.  A number of questionable and/or missed calls in favor of Carthage.

2 hours ago, Liberty said:

Says a kid who has probably never done this...Austin Statesman write up.

“Forty and 0 is over-rated,” senior running back Kyle Harrison said after Liberty Hill outlasted Carthage 44-41 Friday night at Cy-Fair Stadium

All I am going to say is if Cathage had caught those passes, it would have been a different story.  I know that they didn't, and life is a should a, could a  would a, d and didn't kind a thing.   

"If Carthage had caught those passed, it would have been a different story" is the same as Liberty Hill saying, "If we'd broken a few more long runs it would have been a blowout."  Each team did what they did and Liberty Hill did more of what they normally do, enough to win the game.  Carthage didn't.  The better team won.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

"If Carthage had caught those passed, it would have been a different story" is the same as Liberty Hill saying, "If we'd broken a few more long runs it would have been a blowout."  Each team did what they did and Liberty Hill did more of what they normally do, enough to win the game.  Carthage didn't.  The better team won.

Liberty Hill beat a very good Dawg team that did not play as well as they could have. Liberty Hill was the better team when they had to be.

Great win and congrats. Enjoy it while you can, next week you have another giant to slay.

Nothing against Liberty Hill, but without a passing attack and a good one. I cant see you beating La Vega with the speed they have.     

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

No it’s not, us dropping touchdown passes LH was clearly beaten on is not the same as “if we’d broken more long runs”. You didn’t break more long runs, because your boys were tackled. LH has nothing to do with us dropping sure touchdowns.

Big difference 

8 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

You watch the same game I watched?

Eagleborn, don’t be a clown. Carthage shot themselves in the foot all night and you know it.

The only time the offense stalled was when they made mistakes. I don’t think LH’s defense forced more than one stop and it was aided by Carthage miscues. 

2 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Great win LH and thanks for serving up a nice piece of humble pie to the Dawgs.  They did not have the referees around to save them this time against a smash mouth slot-t/wing-t offense.

Which of the teams that Carthage beat is yours? Your butthurt is showing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Yes, not breaking a tackle is the same as not catching a ball when you are wide open...

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Eagleborn, don’t be a clown. Carthage shot themselves in the foot all night and you know it.

The only time the offense stalled was when they made mistakes. I don’t think LH’s defense forced more than one stop and it was aided by Carthage miscues. 

He’s been a low key Carthage hater all season...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Liberty said:

Says a kid who has probably never done this...Austin Statesman write up.

“Forty and 0 is over-rated,” senior running back Kyle Harrison said after Liberty Hill outlasted Carthage 44-41 Friday night at Cy-Fair Stadium

All I am going to say is if Cathage had caught those passes, it would have been a different story.  I know that they didn't, and life is a should a, could a  would a, d and didn't kind a thing.   

“40-0 is overrated.” Is just about the dumbest thing the young man could possibly have said.

As LHPM states, he was caught up in the moment and excited, but have a little class, because those are the moments and opportunities players do get to show class and good sportsmanship. Instead back-to-back state championships and not recording a loss for 798 calendar days is overrated......ok.

6 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Liberty Hill beat a very good Dawg team that did not play as well as they could have. Liberty Hill was the better team when they had to be.

Great win and congrats. Enjoy it while you can, next week you have another giant to slay.

Nothing against Liberty Hill, but without a passing attack and a good one. I cant see you beating La Vega with the speed they have.     

I have to do this guys so.........Put 500 rushing yards on the best D-Line in the state in 4A?

What happened CAC?

carthage knew they did not have enough experience defensing the formation.  their plan would be to get ahead early and trade scores.  that plan was dealt a blow with strong wind on a cold night and a lot of uncharacteristic drops.  still came close.  now hopefully LH coach can be less tacky in his comments so the kids wont have the same attitude.  

surratt said that game was on him.  i know he wishes he could have a few of those calls back which i'm sure he feels were bonehead calls.  

hopefully it won't take LH another 11 years before they get back to this game so we have a chance at them again.  

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

“40-0 is overrated.” Is just about the dumbest thing the young man could possibly have said.

As LHPM states, he was caught up in the moment and excited, but have a little class, because those are the moments and opportunities players do get to show class and good sportsmanship. Instead back-to-back state championships and not recording a loss for 798 calendar days is overrated......ok.

I just watched the FSSW recap and they interviewed him. He sad seen posts or tweets all week that he was overrated. It might not excuse his comment, but explains it. 

Sounds like the taste of crow is not settling well with many on this site! Most of our fans have been nothing but congratulatory to Carthage, yet we see the emperor has been told he has no clothes and he don’t like it. Please don’t attack a young man for being excited and speaking his mind.  

18 minutes ago, LHPM said:

I just watched the FSSW recap and they interviewed him. He sad seen posts or tweets all week that he was overrated. It might not excuse his comment, but explains it. 

Now that's karma there... yep,  get called soft,  slow,  overrated... no problem. Win and show them otherwise and remind them of what they said about you and your classless. 

Listen to the ifs and buts to soften the loss from Carthage fans and its legit,  if it's coming from an opponent, it's sour grapes or excuses.

Carthage fans,  you guys are great, you love and support your team. But some of you are also spoiled, arrogant, and obnoxious. 

You guys have a tremendous football program,  absolutely outstanding,  one to be envied. Enjoy it in a classy way.  I am sure you guys will be back,  honestly I expect you guys will win the title next year. 

Saying you are the better team, drops were the difference is slighting LH.  That's a two way street.  That's like saying MH (not a fan) lost to you because of a couple of fumbles and poor officiating (both ways), they were the better team, that night.  But saying that takes away from your victory over them. I talked to a coach at MH... he never once mentioned the officiating,  he talked about too many fumbles against you guys, he took it on the chin. 

Sometimes you take it on the chin,  it's how you respond to adversity that really tells people what you are about.  Be proud, heck of a season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, panfan said:

Sounds like the taste of crow is not settling well with many on this site! Most of our fans have been nothing but congratulatory to Carthage, yet we see the emperor has been told he has no clothes and he don’t like it. Please don’t attack a young man for being excited and speaking his mind.  

No, mine actually is settling fine. LH is a good team and beat us fair and square. I do feel we should have won by cleaning up uncharacteristic dropped passes, etc.

However, losing and having to eat crow, because of course I picked Carthage to win.....I’d like my crow served up deep fried with Tony’s on top please.

No excuses.  We didn't make enough plays on offense or defense to win the game.  Period.  Now having said that.  The Dawgs have 6 titles since 2007 and LH has zero.  I suspect after next week that number will remain the same.  We will be back next year, and should be better. Will LH?  I would advise ya'll to quit worrying about the naked emperor and focus on the pirate thats about to eat yalls lunch.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

I have to do this guys so.........Put 500 rushing yards on the best D-Line in the state in 4A?

What happened CAC?

If your going to quote me, quote me correctly, one of the best D lines in 4A.  The best O line in 4A. 

I still say both are true. 

I am a Dawg homer and deserve what ever anybody wants to throw at me. 6 state championships and 9 semi finals out of 11 years makes me right most of the time. 

15 players coming back that either started or played a ton and super loaded classes moving up. 

The Dawgs will be back!!!!!!!

Go Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

Most Bulldog fans who are regulars came on here and immediately congratulated LH on the win and for snapping our winning streak. I am one of those people. We rationalize and analyze the game and how it played out, state a few opinions that the game could’ve been different and now we’re sore losers? So, if y’all lose next week we shouldn’t see any Panther fans saying if ______ had happened differently we may have been able to win the game, correct? Just making sure of what rules we must obey.

Switching gears:

Over the course of that MH game Carthage got the short end of the stick from the officials not MH. Everybody wants to scream we didn’t score right at the end of regulation. Well, the official standing 10’ away said we did. How about that fumbled we picked up and returned for a touchdown that was called down when the boys who ran it back ran to the ball, bent over and picked it up without touching a knee or elbow is called down? That’s 7 points off the board and we actually didn’t score on that drive.

1 hour ago, LHPM said:

I bet Surratt would wear out any player who gives a good team like LH and player like him any extra motivation before the game starts with stupidity like that. 

No one needs extra motivation to play Carthage. Your head coach painted it as a David versus Goliath type scenario and that’s ok. Then he got y’all all worked up talking about our indoor practice facility and how much we pay Surratt as if his paycheck has anything to do with the game. 

16 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I don't think anyone on the field was overrated.  Liberty Hill is a good football team, and I was impressed by them.  I don't think that explains it.  I know what does explain it, but it doesn't matter right now.  I wish your team the best.  You will need it Friday at 3 PM.  I will be watching it!  I will say this though:  The tweets and social media, he read, probably wasn't from Carthage people.  We haven't seen Ya'll in 11 years.  If that was why he said it, that is an invalid excuse.  Rise above it, is what I say.  Let your play do the talking.   Good luck to LH.

That’s what I was thinking, none of our boys know anything about him or Liberty Hill. Why would they say something on social media to get him or the team even more lathered up to play Carthage. I actually don’t believe it and he just said that as an excuse.

33 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

No excuses.  We didn't make enough plays on offense or defense to win the game.  Period.  Now having said that.  The Dawgs have 6 titles since 2007 and LH has zero.  I suspect after next week that number will remain the same.  We will be back next year, and should be better. Will LH?  I would advise ya'll to quit worrying about the naked emperor and focus on the pirate thats about to eat yalls lunch.

Don’t get your panties in a twist.  We need no advice, it will be our lunch to eat or die trying to keep them from eatin it, not yours!  Hope to see y’all next year about this time. Peace out.

12 minutes ago, panfan said:

Don’t get your panties in a twist.  We need no advice, it will be our lunch to eat or die trying to keep them from eatin it, not yours!  Hope to see y’all next year about this time. Peace out.

No twisted panties here. I straight up said No excuses.  Seems you're the one who's been twisted.  Im guessing it was the zero titles since 07 remark.  Im just speaking the truth.  Hope we dont have to wait another 10 years to play yall again.  Good luck next week.