Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

• Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

32 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They better not have 4 early turnovers against Carthage.  

I know that’s right.  Four turnovers with our speed will be 28 points quick.  If any one thinks this will be like 2007 you need to rethink that.  Surratt is better and our DC Preston wasn’t there then.  Dawgs 42-21

On 12/9/2018 at 1:53 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Looking at LH’s schedule & results, they have blown several teams out, but I me, the game that seem to be most telling is the Sept. 21 game against Pflugerville Connolly where LH scored 89 points, yet GAVE UP 34... To me, that indicates weakness in the defense which Surratt, Preston et al will exploit to it’s fullest, while simultaneously utilizing the battle proven Dawg D to severely curtail the disciplined Offensive ground game.

PC went 1-9 and 0-6 in district. I'm sure LH pulled up on defense with the game being that lopsided. Bulldogs win this one. Nothing new to Surratt and crew. I feel the MH game made them stronger!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anxiety said:

PC went 1-9 and 0-6 in district. I'm sure LH pulled up on defense with the game being that lopsided. 

I was thinking the same thing...I would imagine with that many points on the board there were a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game.

Regarding turnovers...any team turning the ball over a significant number of times at this point of the season is in trouble...doesn't matter who you are.  You may get away with one, possibly two depending on where on the field and how much time left in the first half, etc...but if a team is turning it over in a shoot out you can't come back in most cases.  If it is a defensive battle, maybe.

1 minute ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I was thinking the same thing...I would imagine with that many points on the board there were a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game.

Regarding turnovers...any team turning the ball over a significant number of times at this point of the season is in trouble...doesn't matter who you are.  You may get away with one, possibly two depending on where on the field and how much time left in the first half, etc...but if a team is turning it over in a shoot out you can't come back in most cases.  If it is a defensive battle, maybe.

Yep, that's what happened to us (Pittsburg). We got in a shootout with PG. Got behind due to turnovers, and couldn't catch back up. Then again, PG also turned the ball over. Good job to them. 

1 minute ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Yep, that's what happened to us (Pittsburg). We got in a shootout with PG. Got behind due to turnovers, and couldn't catch back up. Then again, PG also turned the ball over. Good job to them. 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Items of note ———Carthage is home team.......tickets in advance are $6/$8 and all tickets at the gate are $10.......the stadium does have a CLEAR bag policy. 

Does it matter what's in the bag?  Asking for a friend.

4F94F2C2-EC6F-440A-998F-A6F3F02DA6E6.jpeg

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Rain chances keep creeping up for Friday night bout tired of this weather prolly be nice all week and then rain and cold on friday

Weather channel app has Cypress at 40% chance of rain during the day Friday and down to 20% at night. 

5 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

Could Carthage beat Highland Park? Carthage has more speed 

Carthage plays 2 guys who are fast.  The rest just know how to play football and get after it. Some would be considered fast for the position they play, but most of those are undersized for their position. 

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage plays 2 guys who are fast.  The rest just know how to play football and get after it. Some would be considered fast for the position they play, but most of those are undersized for their position. 

If you had to pick one which would you choose as more important. Good speed or good size? 

12 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

Could Carthage beat Highland Park? Carthage has more speed 

Carthage has two Dixon and Del that any team would love to have with their speed. I think Ingram at linebacker can run extremely well for a 220 pounder. Both D ends run well for their size. I would say team speed is above average. 

Beating a two time 5 A champ, no because of the depth and numbers. Last year making both play only 22 players, 24 counting kicker and punter. Yes I would take the 2017 Dawgs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals