Jump to content

Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals


PantherNation2015
 Share

Carthage vs Liberty Hill  

112 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Advances to the 4A Div I State Finals?

    • Liberty Hill Panthers
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

I'm far from East Texas so I havent gotten to see carthage this year, so I'm basing on what they look like in my head on their performance last year against China Spring which I had the pleasure of seeing. Sat on the Carthage side and it was a great time. Pulling for you guys! 

Glad you sat on our side and supported those Bulldogs, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage has two Dixon and Del that any team would love to have with their speed. I think Ingram at linebacker can run extremely well for a 220 pounder. Both D ends run well for their size. I would say team speed is above average. 

Beating a two time 5 A champ, no because of the depth and numbers. Last year making both play only 22 players, 24 counting kicker and punter. Yes I would take the 2017 Dawgs. 

Do some people consider this to be a down year for Carthage? Yall are 14-0 so I wouldnt imagine too much complaining in the community haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wtxfootball said:

Do some people consider this to be a down year for Carthage? Yall are 14-0 so I wouldnt image too much complaining in the community haha 

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s a down year, but we’re not as good as last year. The caveat to that is 2017 was possibly the best 4A team of all time not just the best Carthage team in history. So, I think we’re collectively happy with the results so far this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wtxfootball said:

Do some people consider this to be a down year for Carthage? Yall are 14-0 so I wouldnt image too much complaining in the community haha 

It was widely considered rebuilding year with all the 3 year starting seniors that graduated last year and are playing on Sat now.  The success of the team was predicated on some young kids stepping up and they did.  Lots of Soph & JR starting or getting a lot of reps.  We have been trying to tell people that 2019, 2020 & 2021 are all going to be special.  2018 is looking pretty special too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s a down year, but we’re not as good as last year. The caveat to that is 2017 was possibly the best 4A team of all time not just the best Carthage team in history. So, I think we’re collectively happy with the results so far this season.

I think that Stephenville team a couple years back would like to have a word with you lol. But yeah Carthage last year was amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

I'm a huge Texas fan and have gone to a lot of their games this year so I'll always be thankful to Carthage for producing Ingram! Only problem for him is he doesnt get enough carries, come on Herman make him the primary RB! 

Huge Texas fan here also. Next August look for Ingram to be 10-15 lbs heavier and getting 20-22 touches a game instead of this year’s 14-15 touches a game. 

I am hoping his younger brother joins him in 2020 at UT. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It was widely considered rebuilding year with all the 3 year starting seniors that graduated last year and are playing on Sat now.  The success of the team was predicated on some young kids stepping up and they did.  Lots of Soph & JR starting or getting a lot of reps.  We have been trying to tell people that 2019, 2020 & 2021 are all going to be special.  2018 is looking pretty special too!

Looks like La Vega and Carthage will be on a collision course over the next few years.  Bad news for the rest of the state.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, coachkells said:

Looks like La Vega and Carthage will be on a collision course over the next few years.  Bad news for the rest of the state.  

This is my new favorite rilvary now. If they meet again it'd be the third straight time the winner of this game has won state. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Which I'm shocked by. Herman believes in rb by committee and it's hard for anyone to stand out.

It's a copy cat league. So as of now everyone is trying to do what Saban does. Can't have enough depth.

Saban has 5 stars riding the pine for a couple of years. It's all about the program. If you buy into it more than likely you will lift hardware and get drafted high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DTrump said:

It's a copy cat league. So as of now everyone is trying to do what Saban does. Can't have enough depth.

Saban has 5 stars riding the pine for a couple of years. It's all about the program. If you buy into it more than likely you will lift hardware and get drafted high.

Good point, and your young players are fresher when that draft happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), Class 4A (D-I) Semifinals

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...