Brock (13-1) vs. Malakoff (11-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals

Guest Tiger03lb

Brock vs Malakoff  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div I State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM

Don't take this wrong - I am not making excuses - but the weather definitely played a roll in that game. The difference was, Malakoff didn't care what the weather was like. You couldn't tell it was 35 degrees and raining on their sideline, you could tell on ours. We had kids running trying to make tackles with their hands in their warmers, and from the very beginning of the game you could tell they did NOT like the cold, at all. Our QB could not throw the ball accurately, not that he's known for being the most accurate passer, but he's definitely better than he played Saturday. Malakoff had a hand in that was well, as we could not block one of Malakoff's DE's to save our lives. 

Also, I too have heard from Malakoff fans wondering why we didn't run #22 more. We were all wondering the same thing. Especially when we went 5 wide, the some 8 times we did. Seeing #22, #5, and #8 at the same time never made me feel at ease. Not that we didn't have other play makers, but they just had that IT factor. 

I'm not sticking up for Rab4Life, I'm just telling you what I myself saw/heard. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, as we're sitting at home this weekend and Malakoff is not. I'm pulling for Mally this weekend, because I am pulling for our region. I don't have any bad blood for Malakoff. The best team on Saturday won. The rest is all "what-ifs." I just don't like being stuck with a bunch of "what-ifs," if you know what I mean. 

This is always the roughest thing about football season, is watching those kids you've been following since they first learned how to play, graduate and move on. Definitely going to miss #22 being on the field. I remember his first breakout game against L-E, and watched him grow into a smart young man! Chose to go to Rice because the NFL is not a for certain, but his education is. 

Anyways, good luck Malakoff! I'll be watching this game from the comfort of my home, but I'll be there to see y'all play in person if y'all can win this one!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

But yea Rab4life kind of put his foot in his mouth on the weather situation. That weather had wayyyyy more negative effects on us than Malakoff, to say the least. The Rabbits wanted no part of that cold. 

You are spot on here our players embraced the cold and rain. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Don't take this wrong - I am not making excuses - but the weather definitely played a roll in that game. The difference was, Malakoff didn't care what the weather was like. You couldn't tell it was 35 degrees and raining on their sideline, you could tell on ours. We had kids running trying to make tackles with their hands in their warmers, and from the very beginning of the game you could tell they did NOT like the cold, at all. Our QB could not throw the ball accurately, not that he's known for being the most accurate passer, but he's definitely better than he played Saturday. Malakoff had a hand in that was well, as we could not block one of Malakoff's DE's to save our lives. 

Also, I too have heard from Malakoff fans wondering why we didn't run #22 more. We were all wondering the same thing. Especially when we went 5 wide, the some 8 times we did. Seeing #22, #5, and #8 at the same time never made me feel at ease. Not that we didn't have other play makers, but they just had that IT factor. 

I'm not sticking up for Rab4Life, I'm just telling you what I myself saw/heard. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, as we're sitting at home this weekend and Malakoff is not. I'm pulling for Mally this weekend, because I am pulling for our region. I don't have any bad blood for Malakoff. The best team on Saturday won. The rest is all "what-ifs." I just don't like being stuck with a bunch of "what-ifs," if you know what I mean. 

This is always the roughest thing about football season, is watching those kids you've been following since they first learned how to play, graduate and move on. Definitely going to miss #22 being on the field. I remember his first breakout game against L-E, and watched him grow into a smart young man! Chose to go to Rice because the NFL is not a for certain, but his education is. 

Anyways, good luck Malakoff! I'll be watching this game from the comfort of my home, but I'll be there to see y'all play in person if y'all can win this one!

Very well said.  We had a bunch of "what-ifs" that night.

24 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Tackles both Sophs are both 235 to 245

Ends depending on who is in the game are of the 6-2 to 6-4 variety and 210 to 230 depending on who is in the game

And what makes them special is they all have a quick first step. They are big tough kids. Moving #8 to the LB spot has proven to be one of the best moves this season. He has a motor that DOES NOT QUIT! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Actually no, I will not agree on that. I believe that we threw a handful of times and were 50% or a little better on passing for the night. A couple of passes were mental mistakes and the first pass of the game was right above his hands, it would have been a incredible catch if he got it and it would have been for a td too. There was no one around him. We had two different fronts against you. Brought that end that you been picking on out to help on coverage. And yes they did switch out some players a few series. Coaches saw it and they played too it. But maybe you weren't getting anywhere due to the coverage was good and we were getting into the backfield, even with a 3 man front.

I don't remember any Malakoff fan saying he wasn't being used properly. All we said is he made us nervous. The coaches were getting him the ball he wasn't getting anywhere everytime. Even the other back had problems. Coaches made an adjustment to one play and it work those 2 times. But to answer your question about the rice back, yes he was. Now the other back could have been used in a few sets that may have worked but the coverage was really good. 

Weren't you saying something about how the cold and wet weather would affect us playing? Whatever makes you feel better about losing that game with the weather I'm fine with. 

I've seen some videos on them. They mix it up good. He likes his big tight end to throw too. Their rb is talented wherever he is at on the field. 

As for our back. He should be fine to play on Friday. But I think we'll mix it up more this week. 

Clearly BOTH teams were affected in the passing game. How could you say it wasn't? Although, I will say that y'all had no intention on giving any more game film that 2nd half. Very SMART. You didn't need too. Y'all brought in #12 to cover our slot. #33 was in that position vs Gladewater.... Y'all then had him switching out with #74 &#15... MUCH better adjustment vs US! Vs Brock #33 needs to go back to the olb as he was vs Gladewater. Y'all match up well with Brock.... Looking forward to watching that game. Pulling for y'all.... Not cause you beat us, cause y'all's program has earned the right to be noticed. And for whatever reason everyone has forgot about 2016 and y'all should have your own commits too! 

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

But yea Rab4life kind of put his foot in his mouth on the weather situation. That weather had wayyyyy more negative effects on us than Malakoff, to say the least. The Rabbits wanted no part of that cold. 

Haha. Very true!! Man, I figured I'd be right or wrong. I was wrong. They had folks with short sleeves on. We were trying to tackles armless so our hands could stay warm. lol

24 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Haha. Very true!! Man, I figured I'd be right or wrong. I was wrong. They had folks with short sleeves on. We were trying to tackles armless so our hands could stay warm. lol

Yea that was embarrassing. More than 1 player doing it too. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah he did. He stirred the pot good last week but since he showed back up I had to rub in a little but I'm good now. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
49 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Clearly BOTH teams were affected in the passing game. How could you say it wasn't? Although, I will say that y'all had no intention on giving any more game film that 2nd half. Very SMART. You didn't need too. Y'all brought in #12 to cover our slot. #33 was in that position vs Gladewater.... Y'all then had him switching out with #74 &#15... MUCH better adjustment vs US! Vs Brock #33 needs to go back to the olb as he was vs Gladewater. Y'all match up well with Brock.... Looking forward to watching that game. Pulling for y'all.... Not cause you beat us, cause y'all's program has earned the right to be noticed. And for whatever reason everyone has forgot about 2016 and y'all should have your own commits too! 

I say that because we didn't have to pass the ball. Lol. I think that coach changed his game plan somewhere in the first half and at halftime. His coaching this post season has been outstanding. That has been the difference these past 3/4 games. We always knew he was good but to me he has stepped it up even more. We have been under the radar for years now. I'll go back one more year during the 15 season when we had played yoe and lost that game in area. We had them on the ropes and lost by a point. These kids have been wanting it since then and they know they could play with and beat the best of the best. 

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

At least he showed lol. I've seen plenty that never came back. 

Your right. I did call him out on that before he got kicked off. Lol. I respect that. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I say that because we didn't have to pass the ball. Lol. I think that coach changed his game plan somewhere in the first half and at halftime. His coaching this post season has been outstanding. That has been the difference these past 3/4 games. We always knew he was good but to me he has stepped it up even more. We have been under the radar for years now. I'll go back one more year during the 15 season when we had played yoe and lost that game in area. We had them on the ropes and lost by a point. These kids have been wanting it since then and they know they could play with and beat the best of the best. 

That's great to hear man. I love seeing programs with great coaches that can get great things out of their kids.

I honestly feel like we under-achieved this season, as I think we did in 16. People here are content with a 4th round exit, but I feel like our team could have accomplished to much more. I don't ever want to feel content, because that means I don't expect improvement. We played a tough pre-season schedule but we should have competed in all those games. We did get a few things figured out in the post-season, but still showed up Saturday looking like we didn't want to be there. 

We should get a shot again next year. We're losing a great RB, and a few skill position players, but we're bringing back a lot of talent, and have some great kids coming up. Hopefully we will get a shot at you guys again next season!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Nah man, y'all sure didn't need to pass at all. Y'all did whatever you wanted to on the ground that 1st half. I still think #11 will be the Xfactor. Sure, 3,10,22 can all run the ball. He just brings a total different style and physicality that most highschool kids are not willing to step in front of. He ran over like 4 of our boys on 1 play, ha. I literally saw a couple of our kids take what seemed to be the wrong angle on purpose so they wouldn't have to try, SMH.So, do you think coach will be enticed to go to a larger, higher paying school anytime soon? 

9 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Nah man, y'all sure didn't need to pass at all. Y'all did whatever you wanted to on the ground that 1st half. I still think #11 will be the Xfactor. Sure, 3,10,22 can all run the ball. He just brings a total different style and physicality that most highschool kids are not willing to step in front of. He ran over like 4 of our boys on 1 play, ha. I literally saw a couple of our kids take what seemed to be the wrong angle on purpose so they wouldn't have to try, SMH.So, do you think coach will be enticed to go to a larger, higher paying school anytime soon? 

Rab I think your starting to like us a little! Lol

1 minute ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Rab I think your starting to like us a little! Lol

Hahaha.... To be honest. I was just trying to hype our game just a bit. I was a boxer when I was a bit younger.... Rattling kids would sometimes almost Everytime actually throw them off their game. Obviously that tactic failed.... I did see a few weaker spots that I hoped we would try to exploit but I really didn't mean 99% of what I said. 

Guest Tiger03lb
49 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I saw that too. He was carrying kids on his back too. They were coming up behind him jumping on top. Lol. I saw a picture on a article of peace hurdling one of the defenders. Didn't carr hurdle one of y'all's players too? This is my opinion, I saw on the first kick off at the beginning of the game that they weren't into the game at that time. Not trying to take anything away from you guys. I doubt he leaves here or we don't wanthim too. I think he is going to follow in his dads foot steps and build a legacy and make his own name for himself. And he may like the small town feel here. Would you leave if you have a great program and a community behind you? 

• Mr. P changed the title to Brock (13-1) vs. Malakoff (11-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals