Brock (13-1) vs. Malakoff (11-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals

Guest Tiger03lb

Brock vs Malakoff  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div I State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, wingtveer said:

Hey tiger. Is Carr gonna be okay. Saw him limping after one of his carries. Good luck to you guys. Hope y’all win it all !!

I haven't heard anything yet. I saw that too. I'm sure he'll be okay by Friday. If not we still got #10 and #22 that can run the ball.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Like I said, if y’all win I will be the first to say congratulations. I just think Brock is the better team from what I’ve seen. That’s my opinion and nothing more. My opinion means nothing. 

True. I was expecting a better week of talking but I guess I set my standards to high. 😂😂

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Apparently we're misinterpreting it @Tiger03lb. I thought it was pretty clear myself but what do I know? 😂😂

We don't know jack. Lol. So how's your buddy rab4life? Lol

Guest Tiger03lb

I don't know much about Brock other than they been here a few times before. I only know from what I've seen of Brock on video and hear say. This should be a good game. Both run teams and great defenses. I think this game will be won in the trenches. Who will win the los? I've been saying this the past 3 weeks but this one will be the true test of our line and see where we stand this week. I know Brock has a big line, a great tightend, and from what I've seen on video a talented rb. If they can mix all of that up, and then be more physical than us, and can shut down both passing and running, then they will have a chance to beat us. I liked how we came out playing last week on D, we were physical, focused, and ready to play. If we keep on doing that this week, it'll be tough to beat us. I think that we will mix it up more this week and get more passes in and keep Brock's d on their toes. It'll be tough to stop our run game with the different backs coming into this game. Malakoff's game plan has changed weekly and has given a different look weekly. So I'm sure coach will have a good game plan like always. I believe we got a shot at winning this game and we are focused and hungry to get to Jerry's world. I'm thinking a 24-17 type of game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
33 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol well I don’t think there are very many Brock fans on here. This is mostly an East Texas dominant forum. 

Send them on over from the the fssw app. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I don't know much about Brock other than they been here a few times before. I only know from what I've seen of Brock on video and hear say. This should be a good game. Both run teams and great defenses. I think this game will be won in the trenches. Who will win the los? I've been saying this the past 3 weeks but this one will be the true test of our line and see where we stand this week. I know Brock has a big line, a great tightend, and from what I've seen on video a talented rb. If they can mix all of that up, and then be more physical than us, and can shut down both passing and running, then they will have a chance to beat us. I liked how we came out playing last week on D, we were physical, focused, and ready to play. If we keep on doing that this week, it'll be tough to beat us. I think that we will mix it up more this week and get more passes in and keep Brock's d on their toes. It'll be tough to stop our run game with the different backs coming into this game. Malakoff's game plan has changed weekly and has given a different look weekly. So I'm sure coach will have a good game plan like always. I believe we got a shot at winning this game and we are focused and hungry to get to Jerry's world. I'm thinking a 24-17 type of game. 

Yall definitely have a shot, I'd say a good shot at winning. Wouldnt surprise me if yall come out hot and prepared and Brock comes out slacking thinking this will be as easy as the kemp game. Brock will still make it a game even with a slow start though. Malakoff just has to make sure they have a great game and most importantly limited mistakes. You arent going to fumble 3 times and win. 

53 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

What happened in the Grandview game? I think Brock has a better defense than GV if only by a little bit. Bad weather? Injuries? Just one of those days? Very excited for this matchup!

We lost. Lol. Grandview has a very good team. They are scrappy, disciplined and well coached. As you can tell by where they are at now. We just looked like we never got off the bus. It may have been a mental thing after RJ went down the week before. Who knows? We just never could put a drive together. But like I said Grandview is a very good team and they just beat us that night. End of story.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I'mmmmm baaaack....... 

BROCK easily. Don't be stupid. Malakoff tell your girlfriend's that y'all will be free next weekend. 

That's great. Village idiot is back. 😂😂So we all are wondering if you are really from Atlanta or not now? Or at least I am. So how did that game work out for you last week? You ready to eat your crow yet? 

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

That's great. Village idiot is back. 😂😂So we all are wondering if you are really from Atlanta or not now? Or at least I am. So how did that game work out for you last week? You ready to eat your crow yet? 

Well that's another stupid question. And yes I'll eat my crow.... Y'all were much better than we were. Unfortunately we have bad coaches. We left our playmakers on the sidelines.... Idk. They don't let me call the plays. Y'all were very good the 1st half.... Once y'all's hurt RB went out of the game and we played the team I THOUGHT we were going to play we were much better than y'all. And WE all know it. 

• Stinks 3

21 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Well that's another stupid question. And yes I'll eat my crow.... Y'all were much better than we were. Unfortunately we have bad coaches. We left our playmakers on the sidelines.... Idk. They don't let me call the plays. Y'all were very good the 1st half.... Once y'all's hurt RB went out of the game and we played the team I THOUGHT we were going to play we were much better than y'all. And WE all know it. 

And you scout for them you said last week? Guess your scouting report was not any good 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

And you scout for them you said last week? Guess your scouting report was not any good 

I said I scouted vs gladewater. The guy hadn't played since week 2. Why would I assume he would now? He seemed to be a bit hurt at the half. I will say this, if he plays y'all will win state, if he don't y'all won't make it to state. He's the best I've seen in a long time. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

So now it's the coaches that ####. Smh. Go put that application in or maybe they need better scouts to look these games over. Nice scouting report. 😂😂😂. Bro, every play maker was out there, you can't say they didn't use their playmakers. We didn't get beat by any speed like you said. Oh and #1 was able to keep up with everyone on your team with his 4.6 speed. 😂😁. You guys got away with a fumble on one play that was called a drop when the refs blown the whistle on. That was our ball clearly. You got 3 big plays on us. Twice off the same run play and a wheel route out the back field. And let me tell you something about #7. He played lights out, he even had passes thrown to him that he deflected and almost intercepted. How's he and the whole secondary for mediocre now. After we scored that last td in the 3rd, we finally started to go conservative and started playing the clock. Everyone knows that. So Rose #10 or Pearce #3 or our line that made holes so big that you could drive a car through, didn't have anything to do with that game, it was all #11 Carr, huh 🤔? Smh. Yes, Carr did have an impact but it just wasn't him. We didn't even put the whole play book out there that game either. You got out played, out coached, and we were the more physical team. I know that's a tough pill for you to swallow but you know we did. Like I said in my other post, I liked the way that you guys played to the end and never gave up. You got some good players. My rant is over now and this isn't meant for all Atlanta fans just rab4life.

Well.......I guess you have to say that Brock better look out, Huh?  Malakoff will go right at them, for sure.  Looks like Malakoff ain't gonna take no prisoners in these here playoffs the way they've been playing.  I'd say this game is gonna be worth the watch, for sure.  My only hope is that it turns out just like this game is shaping up to be......a rockem sockem physical battle in the lines.  Big hard hits and sure tackles will be the theme here......and maybe some trickery from the offenses.  I think it will be decided late in the 4th.......and it's a toss-up.  Good luck to both teams and may there be no serious injuries the week before the Final.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

So now it's the coaches that ####. Smh. Go put that application in or maybe they need better scouts to look these games over. Nice scouting report. 😂😂😂. Bro, every play maker was out there, you can't say they didn't use their playmakers. We didn't get beat by any speed like you said. Oh and #1 was able to keep up with everyone on your team with his 4.6 speed. 😂😁. You guys got away with a fumble on one play that was called a drop when the refs blown the whistle on. That was our ball clearly. You got 3 big plays on us. Twice off the same run play and a wheel route out the back field. And let me tell you something about #7. He played lights out, he even had passes thrown to him that he deflected and almost intercepted. How's he and the whole secondary for mediocre now. After we scored that last td in the 3rd, we finally started to go conservative and started playing the clock. Everyone knows that. So Rose #10 or Pearce #3 or our line that made holes so big that you could drive a car through, didn't have anything to do with that game, it was all #11 Carr, huh 🤔? Smh. Yes, Carr did have an impact but it just wasn't him. We didn't even put the whole play book out there that game either. You got out played, out coached, and we were the more physical team. I know that's a tough pill for you to swallow but you know we did. Like I said in my other post, I liked the way that you guys played to the end and never gave up. You got some good players. My rant is over now and this isn't meant for all Atlanta fans just rab4life.

I AGREE with almost everything you said. I'm not going to mention numbers cause I'll get banned again. Can we not agree that the weather played a role in both teams passing game? And y'all had a new olb to cover our slot and moved the other dude to  help the ends that I mentioned needed help. So obviously your coach agreed. As for your player that came back.... Yeah man.... He was the difference. ABSOLUTELY! He opened everything up. And yes.... I've read several tiger fans and Rabs post in agreement that our Rice commit wasn't used properly. Do you not agree? As for Brock.... They are alot like Gladewater.... That favors the Tigers, despite what the eagles are ranked... If the big fella can play 4Q and get 20 carries.... Y'all will win. Brock follows the A&M commit 90% of the plays, when they don't it's usually a go route or a middle tight end screen. JS 

• Stinks 1

56 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I AGREE with almost everything you said. I'm not going to mention numbers cause I'll get banned again. Can we not agree that the weather played a role in both teams passing game? And y'all had a new olb to cover our slot and moved the other dude to  help the ends that I mentioned needed help. So obviously your coach agreed. As for your player that came back.... Yeah man.... He was the difference. ABSOLUTELY! He opened everything up. And yes.... I've read several tiger fans and Rabs post in agreement that our Rice commit wasn't used properly. Do you not agree? As for Brock.... They are alot like Gladewater.... That favors the Tigers, despite what the eagles are ranked... If the big fella can play 4Q and get 20 carries.... Y'all will win. Brock follows the A&M commit 90% of the plays, when they don't it's usually a go route or a middle tight end screen. JS 

Not opinion based here, but you couldn’t be more wrong in multiple areas of your post. 

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Actually no, I will not agree on that. I believe that we threw a handful of times and were 50% or a little better on passing for the night. A couple of passes were mental mistakes and the first pass of the game was right above his hands, it would have been a incredible catch if he got it and it would have been for a td too. There was no one around him. We had two different fronts against you. Brought that end that you been picking on out to help on coverage. And yes they did switch out some players a few series. Coaches saw it and they played too it. But maybe you weren't getting anywhere due to the coverage was good and we were getting into the backfield, even with a 3 man front.

I don't remember any Malakoff fan saying he wasn't being used properly. All we said is he made us nervous. The coaches were getting him the ball he wasn't getting anywhere everytime. Even the other back had problems. Coaches made an adjustment to one play and it work those 2 times. But to answer your question about the rice back, yes he was. Now the other back could have been used in a few sets that may have worked but the coverage was really good. 

Weren't you saying something about how the cold and wet weather would affect us playing? Whatever makes you feel better about losing that game with the weather I'm fine with. 

I've seen some videos on them. They mix it up good. He likes his big tight end to throw too. Their rb is talented wherever he is at on the field. 

As for our back. He should be fine to play on Friday. But I think we'll mix it up more this week. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Brock (13-1) vs. Malakoff (11-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals