Grandview (12-2) vs. Yoakum (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals

Crawford

Grandview vs Yoakum  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Yoakum Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

17 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Yoakum was extremely fortunate to win that game against Goliad.  Defeating Edna with their one dimensional running game was easier.  Goliad was able to gain yards at will on Yoakum's D in both the running and passing games, but gave up some easy scores early.  Goliad was marching for the winning TD past midfield with a big catch and run by Dontavion Clay when he was stripped of the football after he was stopped.  The refs called it a fumble, but I'm fairly certain he was already down and then the Yoakum defenders(3 of them) stripped the ball.....with 3 minutes left. If you look at the numbers Goliad had 435 total yds of offense compared to Yoakum's 335.  But Goliad also had 11 penalties for 80 yds vs Yoakum's 4 penalties for 30 yds. Goliad had 25 first downs and Yoakum only generated 14.  The final score was 38-35, but was not indicative of the way Goliad dominated this game on the field....esp. in the 2nd half.  I hope this information helps.  I'm taking Grandview to win this game.

What’s up Regal, I see your still making excuses for your Tigers loss again to the Dawgs.No excuse when the better team won again, won the region again, and now for the third year in a row back in the state semi finals. How’s Goliad like basketball?

30 minutes ago, Gpcat said:

How’s Goliad like basketball?

Slow start due to their playoff run in football. 2-6, heading into last nights non-district final tune-up against Palacios. District starts  now and Tigers should be fine as the football boy's get use to the high top shoes. Regal, stop moaning.  Best team won the region. As the best team will win the state semi's. Good luck to both teams. I do think, the winner of Ykm/GV will be the state champion. Hope Goliad wins state in basketball Regal. Hoop it up!!!!!!

• Mr. P changed the title to Grandview (12-2) vs. Yoakum (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) Semifinals
4 hours ago, YTBulldogs said:

Slow start due to their playoff run in football. 2-6, heading into last nights non-district final tune-up against Palacios. District starts  now and Tigers should be fine as the football boy's get use to the high top shoes. Regal, stop moaning.  Best team won the region. As the best team will win the state semi's. Good luck to both teams. I do think, the winner of Ykm/GV will be the state champion. Hope Goliad wins state in basketball Regal. Hoop it up!!!!!!

As Lee Corso would say Not so fast my friend

Goliad was lacking the quality coaching that Yoakum has.......it's been evident now for several years with the kind of size and talent that Goliad has had for several years in a row now.  Most coaches would be salivating to have that team the past two seasons.......and anybody that follows Goliad football that also knows about high school football in Texas would agree.  Goliad really lost because of being outcoached, and it has been very evident anytime they face a team that has a better coach......whether Goliad wins or loses.  That's my personal opinion and I'm not blaming anything on Yoakum. In fact, I'm giving their coaches Kudos for a good job.

17 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Goliad was lacking the quality coaching that Yoakum has.......it's been evident now for several years with the kind of size and talent that Goliad has had for several years in a row now.  Most coaches would be salivating to have that team the past two seasons.......and anybody that follows Goliad football that also knows about high school football in Texas would agree.  Goliad really lost because of being outcoached, and it has been very evident anytime they face a team that has a better coach......whether Goliad wins or loses.  That's my personal opinion and I'm not blaming anything on Yoakum. In fact, I'm giving their coaches Kudos for a good job.

Yoakum does have very good coaching in Bo Robinson and his group of coaches. There are many good coaching staffs in our district, Jerry Long from Edna and Nicholson in Goliad.  Jerry already has a Ship ring from East Bernard and he’s got some of his coaches from EB with him. Both Nicholson and Brent Kornegey in George West are ex Yoakum coaches and are fielding very good teams that make long runs in the playoffs each year. The problem is all of these teams beat each other up early in the playoffs to get to the next round. Lately Yoakum at least the last 3 years has won the region and it’s getting harder it seems each year.Its apparent the level of competition is getting better each year especially in our district. By playing 16 games or more each year has given our teams younger up and comers valuable playing time in deep playoff runs. It also helps our coaching staff learn to adjust their game plans for much better than average teams with such playoff runs. 

The intangibles for Yoakum is the playoff experience of having played 47-48 games in the last 3 years for some of them. 

That kind of experience is very hard to replicate and it is invaluable for some  of the leaders on the Bulldog team.

you are preaching to the choir here......my son played for Argyle and I lived there for 15 yrs. now I live near Denton.  We are Argyle Eagles fans and Goliad fans. Goliad is my alma mater, but I've lived in the DFW Metroplex for over 25 yrs now.  I'm very aware of coaching staffs and how playoff experience plays into the success of the team.....Argyle goes very deep each year.  I think you have the wrong impression of who you are talking to.

Congrats Grandview on a hard fought game. GV offense is good but more impressed by the Grandview defense. Stopping the Dawgs in the red zone a couple times was really impressive. Good luck at JerryWorld next week, see ya next season.