🏆 Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

2 minutes ago, futfan said:

He broke the record by Eric Dickerson for rushing yards. Plus six TDs. 

One man team. 

Sorry Gobblers. You hoist the trophy, but only because of him. 

I mean, I saw Tyrone Swoopes at Whitewright. He put up some ridiculous video game numbers. And I don't think he ever won a playoff game. It was like a bunch of 5'3" 120 pound dudes and him. Now that was a true one man team; this ain't. Nobody is getting to state or winning it with one guy.

Just now, Nick2011 said:

That kid is just a special, special talent. You don’t see that much talent very often. I don’t believe in saying one player won the game, because it takes a total team effort, but if Cuero didn’t have #3 on their side I don’t think they win this game. 

you can pretty much say that about every team that wins state---You think Grandview wins state last night without their stud

It's tough to repeat......not impossible, but tough.  Argyle tried to repeat too.....and ran into troubles.  No replay back then either, and some mistakes at the very end.  It's just tough in Texas high school football.....this state has too many good teams at every level.  

15 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Good thing we finally have replays, Huh?  Too bad Argyle got robbed several years ago......I'm all for these replays in the SC title game.

You guys did get robbed in that game. Should have been a fumble out of the endzone and Argyles ball.

Whittington is the real deal and I am glad he's gonna be playing for my Linghorns but I think the refs had a big influence on this game. Cuero's lineman held on almost every play. PG will be a heavy favorite to win it all next year. Great season for both teams!

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Yeah.....a big congrats to PG on almost getting it done and going thru a gauntlet of good teams to get here.  And a very BIG CONGRATS to the Cuero Gobblers for putting together a great team and a great season to get another SC title added to their history.  It was a really great game to watch for all Texas high school football fans. 

2 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

Whittington is the real deal and I am glad he's gonna be playing for my Linghorns but I think the refs had a big influence on this game. Cuero's lineman held on almost every play. PG will be a heavy favorite to win it all next year. Great season for both teams!

Every close play went PG's way--Cuero had 2 tds reversed on replay and just bowed their back and came back and scored. Had another TD called back on penalty--Just congratulate them and leave it at that