🏆 Cuero (14-1) vs. Pleasant Grove (13-2), Class 4A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

futfan

P G or Cuero   

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 4A Div II State Finals?

• Cuero Gobblers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, Jedi94 said:

Yes and next time  wos will be on the other end. He must have had a bad game against silsbee because silsbee defense wasn't that much better than pg

lord have mercy can you find someone else not there chain gang, it will be a battle between Silsbee who will bring there big ban package  and west orange with there track team speed and there 10th grader who went over 1,500.00 yards, the tigers are large and two of the best backs in the state.

Congratulations, Cuero!  Beside your super athlete, I was concerned about what appeared to be a strong, very senior heavy line (which I'm sure #3 would give a lot of credit to).

PG, wow...no one had you here today, let alone leading at the end of the 3rd quarter (let alone after your #1-in-the-nation-weakside-DE was lost for the season earlier).  You all really ARE amazing, and I hope you can reload for a potential special trip back to Arlington next season.

I need to apologize to Whittington. A few weeks ago, on TXDL, I unfairly compared him to Blake Lynch, who was playing basically the same roles on the 2014 Gilmer state championship team as this guy does for Cuero.

There is no comparison. Lynch, you could tell, was still human. This guy may be the result of some CRISPR gene editing. Wow! Thank God he's going to Texas next. Hook 'em, JW.

1 hour ago, Nonothing said:

Nah, no crow involved. Ya'll did great with that one guy. I will say ya'lls coaches were very well prepared. Never seen that before. Ya'll gotta good squad. Hope you don't lose too many.

I didn’t have a dog in the fight. Two teams that gave it all they had was a great game.

2 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Let Regal keep whining. I guess Argyle beat LV at NRG also.....Coach Rogers lost that game too

Unless you are from Argyle.....you have no room to speak.  As for Coach Rodgers and playing at NRG.....we've never played there before, so why denigrate Coach Rodgers for something that never occurred???  I think Coach Rodgers record speaks for itself.....don't you?

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Unless you are from Argyle.....you have no room to speak.  As for Coach Rodgers and playing at NRG.....we've never played there before, so why denigrate Coach Rodgers for something that never occurred???  I think Coach Rodgers record speaks for itself.....don't you?

So LaVega did not beat Argyle  33-31 at NRG 2015? You must have early stage of Alzheimer’s.....😎😎😎😎

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Heck No......didn't you see that game???  We didn't get beat by LV......we handed it to them!!!  :headbang:

As I remember when LV was driving for the winning TD that Argyle was called for 12 men on the field giving LV a first down. Coach Rodgers called a time out and they huddled up and got another 12 men on the field penalty. Next play LV scored.  Never seen that called consecutively with a timeout before ever. 🤐

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Jedi94 said:

Yes and next time  wos will be on the other end. He must have had a bad game against silsbee because silsbee defense wasn't that much better than pg

Or maybe Silsbee had a way better defense than most people in this state wanted to give credit for, but whatever.  

Whittington's offensive skillset destroyed PGs defense.

Whittington's defensive skills hurt Silsbee on Special teams.  Difference in a win and loss for Silsbee.

Tough game to lose but were not making excuses.  Thats why players like Whittington are called "Playmakers".

Good Season PG and Congrats to the Gobblers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK. Well, Let’s just say that Cuero had one of the best athletes I have ever seen in high school! 

Credit to the whole Cuero team but my gosh Jordan is such a special talent. I am more than proud of my Hawks! They certainly surprised a lot of people this year. 

Whats amazing to me is that PG knew that Whittington was going to just take the snap and go. There was nothing PG could do to stop it!

A really big congrats to Cuero! 

Yall really showed that y’all were the best team in 4A D2! 

As for the Hawks...... I am already excited for next year. I Love these boys and it has certainly been awesome watching them from PGYFA to high school!!

GO HAWKS!!

On 12/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, Nonothing said:

lmost 2000 passing yards.

26 TDS and 3000 rushing yards between two RBs.

So, Cuero is going to have to stack the line, get pressure, and blanket cover at the same time...good luck.

?

4 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

OK. Well, Let’s just say that Cuero had one of the best athletes I have ever seen in high school! 

Credit to the whole Cuero team but my gosh Jordan is such a special talent. I am more than proud of my Hawks! They certainly surprised a lot of people this year. 

Whats amazing to me is that PG knew that Whittington was going to just take the snap and go. There was nothing PG could do to stop it!

A really big congrats to Cuero! 

Yall really showed that y’all were the best team in 4A D2! 

As for the Hawks...... I am already excited for next year. I Love these boys and it has certainly been awesome watching them from PGYFA to high school!!

GO HAWKS!!

Classy statements Hawknation. With your head coach they will continue to be a powerhouse.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dean1345 said:

Argyle was called for 12 men on the field giving LV a first down. Coach Rodgers called a time out and they huddled up and got another 12 men on the field penalty. Next play LV scored.  Never seen that called consecutively with a timeout before ever. 🤐

I dont remember who it was but a few years ago some team in ET (maybe Nac?) got back to back to back delay of game penalties lol.

7 hours ago, 1utexfan said:

Whittington is the real deal and I am glad he's gonna be playing for my Linghorns but I think the refs had a big influence on this game. Cuero's lineman held on almost every play. PG will be a heavy favorite to win it all next year. Great season for both teams!

Most ridiculous statement on the board....Cmon man

Cuero lineman held on almost every play

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

If I heard the tv guys right PG had only won five games in the three seasons before he got there. 

Gibson deserves tons of credit but he will be the first to say that he had a really special group of kids in the 7th and 8th grade when he got here. They needed Gibson to bring them to their best but he saw how they dominated in Middle school and knew that PG had a really great chance at a title. What we didn’t know is that he could get them there 2 times in a row. I think the job he did this year trumps last year. JMO

The thing that surprised me most was the way Cuero's o-line dominated. Whittington is incredible, but he also had some incredible blocking. Cuero was the first team this year to control clock and dominate Hawks in the second half. PG fans have to be excited with another special season, and with most of the kids coming back, including Bruce Garrett and Ben Harmon and about 15 other starters, I look for the Hawks to be back in the finals again. Cuero's defensive line was equally dominating in the second half. Garrett had 191 yards in the first half, but only 17 in the final two quarters.

• Like 1

Been at the games the last two days. You’re drunk if you don’t think Cuero was the better team TODAY. #3 had some exceptional runs and most of those he wasn’t touched until he was 10-15 yards downfield and some wasn’t even touched. It wasn’t holding on the plays but out schemed by the Cuero offensive coaches. They were running the ball where PG didn’t have run force. And by the way #3 is a dude.

7 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Been at the games the last two days. You’re drunk if you don’t think Cuero was the better team TODAY. #3 had some exceptional runs and most of those he wasn’t touched until he was 10-15 yards downfield and some wasn’t even touched. It wasn’t holding on the plays but out schemed by the Cuero offensive coaches. They were running the ball where PG didn’t have run force. And by the way #3 is a dude.

When you're right, you're right. PG coach pretty much said the same thing after the game.