🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

3 hours ago, BlueDuroc said:

Don’t overlook Canadian, they beat a pretty darn good Gunter team.  Holding Gunter to 7 just doesn’t happen every day.  I predict Newton will win, however it will be a close game.  

I think you're exactly right, and I afraid my heart can't take another one. Lol

What a game last night.  Hats off to EB, they played lights out.  I really hope that was the State championship last night in Porter.  Im glad we got punched in the mouth last night for the first time in years.  It was good for our kids.  Im impressed with Canadian holding Gunter to 7 points last night.  Wow.  Going to be a good game.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Newton should match up better this week. I think the wind  made each team one dimensional in the 2 quarters they were going into the wind and the Brahmas front seven won in the trenches for E.B..Now, I think Newton matches up better with Canadian. I do think short passes and some crossing pic's  from Canadian will give Newton problems. I still think Newton's wakes up ! JMHO

I agree with you 100%. It’s all about match ups and Newton wins this match up easily. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
3 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Woah JJ ; from your keyboard to Gods ears!!!

saw a little bit on Canadian and just don't see them keeping this one close....It's state so I kept it closer than what I really think it's going to be....But don't be surprised if it's nearly that at Halftime

• Like 1

Newton played their toughest opponent of the season Friday.  Thanks to a Strong defense Newton survived. A true Champion shows up when it's time. The last drive showed Newton is a True Champion. If it were not for Newton I believe EB would be your State Champion. Going with JJ Tiger 1995 on his prediction.  Newton over Canadian Big !!

• Like 2

Every offense is designed to score and every defense is designed to stop an offense. So for one to overcome  the other someone has to physically whoop someone or someone has to miss an assignment. EB defensive line decided they were going to whoop our offensive line and they did a good job of it. I have no idea about what Canadian brings other than a pass heavy offense and a defense that decided to whoop Gunter, so it can’t be that bad. Let’s see who brings the most determination.

Will someone relay a message to the Newton staff for old jj.......I really want to see Sylvester Run a TE Seam and get thrown  the ball.......Pleeeeeeaaaasssseee......just once coach...that's all we are asking! I bet you anything the Safety will fall down and be like hell naw.....I'm out.....lmao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

10 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Will someone relay a message to the Newton staff for old jj.......I really want to see Sylvester Run a TE Seam and get thrown  the ball.......Pleeeeeeaaaasssseee......just once coach...that's all we are asking! I bet you anything the Safety will fall down and be like hell naw.....I'm out.....lmao

Lol we all have talked about that.  He’s a good a basketball ball player as football.   

Canadians quarterback is a big strong kid that throws the ball well from the pocket or on the run. I believe he is their leading rusher as well. Being strong is going to help him, but I believe Newton's defense will get to him often and punish him. Should be a great game.  Makes me a little nervous, I much prefer blowouts.  My heart cant take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

saw a little bit on Canadian and just don't see them keeping this one close....It's state so I kept it closer than what I really think it's going to be....But don't be surprised if it's nearly that at Halftime

Yeah, I did too, and was not impressed with their defense. However Jett reminded me that they made it this far so they must be pretty good,  My guess is, they held Gunter to 7 points because they were so familiar with their offense. I also agree with Jimmyw that Newton matches up well with Canadian, especially if brown plays. Having said all that I still worry about every opponent they meet.

9 minutes ago, Datboylenny said:

Looks like Brown is done. I don't know what happened but that's gone hurt us.

Screenshot_20181215-194036.png

I don't do twitter or any of that other stuff. If you would be so kind as to tell this young man we hear at smokey . Com are praying for him, enjoyed watching him play. Our best to him and may God guide his every path.

• Like 1

About the tweet from Brown. People have struggles in life. Sometimes a change of heart happens.  I would hope it would happen in this case. Before we take this tweet to far and have it all over the media let's consider what this young man may be dealing with. Treat it as if it were your Son..

• Like 3