๐Ÿ† Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

7 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Will someone relay a message to the Newton staff for old jj.......I really want to see Sylvester Run a TE Seam and get thrown ย the ball.......Pleeeeeeaaaasssseee......just once coach...that's allย we are asking!ย I bet you anything the Safety will fall down and be like hell naw.....I'm out.....lmao

They have done it a couple of times

• Like 1

Donโ€™t know the whole story withย brown but I will be praying for him ... really hate to see it end like this for him...

he will definitely be missed Thursday because in my opinion it hurts Newtonโ€™s ability to throw the deep ball in the passing game..ย 

newtons defense is gold and they will do their thing regardless! ย But brown definitely adds that extra threat on offense..

will be interesting to see how Canadians D Compares to EB.. could be looking at another nail biter...

but something tells me EB awoke an even bigger sleeping giant....ย 

• Like 2

one of two things willย happen. Newton will either regroup and play their best game, or the exposure will derail one of the best small school teams of all time.

I do think most of the realย goodย teams coming out of our region are at a disadvantage due to the overall fact of not having much competition. Especially in district and many times all the way through regionals.

The other regions have better overall competition and therefore are better prepared deep in the playoffs.. MHO

• Thanks 1

Yโ€™all keep lying to yourself , EB played a great game I will say that .. probably best they played all season. Newton didย not play well, ย Newton committed severalย Penalties in key moments and looked exposed on offense . On a 3rd and 27 they allowed EB to gain 25 yards then 2 for the first on the tying touchdown drive in the 4th. EB outplayed Newton and The Eagles came into the game thinking they would roll EB and got punched in the mouth .. Iโ€™m not saying they didnโ€™t shine and some points in game but that was not the same Newton team Friday night we been watching all season .. Brown and the talk of EB was going to get blown out played a factor I believe . Also to the comment on the wind was blowing lol Newton threw 13 times and 8 passes were dropped .ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Yโ€™all keep lying to yourself , EB played a great game I will say that .. probably best they played all season. Newton didย not play well, ย Newton committed severalย Penalties in key moments and looked exposed on offense . On a 3rd and 27 they allowed EB to gain 25 yards then 2 for the first on the tying touchdown drive in the 4th. EB outplayed Newton and The Eagles came into the game thinking they would roll EB and got punched in the mouth .. Iโ€™m not saying they didnโ€™t shine and some points in game but that was not the same Newton team Friday night we been watching all season .. Brown and the talk of EB was going to get blown out played a factor I believe . Also to the comment on the wind was blowing lol Newton threw 13 times and 8 passes were dropped .ย 

.animated_1544965542679_143232814846592.gif

Sounded to me EB came to playย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

The result of one team not playing well is directly related to the other team just being much better than expected. BTW, ย Newton though the score doesn't reflect had twice as much total yards as EB. EB played on a shorter field most of the night. And that was because they were given that oppurtunity. Newton didn't do anything much different than they do every week. ย But East Bernard played great defense and and offense that was almost good enough. EB, plain and simple has a complete team that matches up well with Newton. ย If they played Newton 10 times the result would likely be similar. ย And the fact that Newton was missing one of their key players as I understand won't be back. But tht is football. Penalties that you commit and injuries or players out for whatever reason is part of the game. We never take into consideration the other teams penalties or players out when we win. EB played a great game. Learn from it and move on

ย Glad we got the win. Undoubtedly we underestimated them. Even if we didn't the result may have not been much different.ย 

Also, when you go back and look at the film, EB defense was given the opportunities to make tackles because of just plain missed blocks. Not trying to take anything away from EB, but the Oline for Newton has been strong all year and they played terribly Friday.ย 

That D line though....... look out.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Will someone relay a message to the Newton staff for old jj.......I really want to see Sylvester Run a TE Seam and get thrown ย the ball.......Pleeeeeeaaaasssseee......just once coach...that's allย we are asking!ย I bet you anything the Safety will fall down and be like hell naw.....I'm out.....lmao

I wanna see the old flea-flicker or the end around pass. An how bout the fumble-ruskie. Wait how many plays does Smoaky guys calling JJ?

Edited by Doomer

4 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Lot of truth to this. ย When you game plan for the #7 athlete in the Nation to be there things tend to not run as smoothly....kids were also looking to next week. ย ย 

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I sure hope the Newton coaches and players havenโ€™t lost as much confidence as you fans. More times than not thereโ€™s a stumbling block on the way to a championship and EB was Newtonโ€™s. Now go get that trophy that belongs to you guys!

Iโ€™m still very confident in my Eagles! They are preparing and Iโ€™m sure that pop in the mouth got em going. We will be fine! I think it will be a close game though.

EB surprised me last week. ย Canadian will surprise me if they get blown out (and I mean Newton blown out - see Dโ€™field score). ย I will say, this game is a lot more interesting now than I anticipated last week.

I would say if East Bernard didn't get Newton's attention, we are end for a long game. however, i feel them Eagles are going to focus this week and bring home the title.

7 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I sure hope the Newton coaches and players havenโ€™t lost as much confidence as you fans. More times than not thereโ€™s a stumbling block on the way to a championship and EB was Newtonโ€™s. Now go get that trophy that belongs to you guys!

Newton folks have been spoiled from the success of the program for close to fifty years. Heck,most of us ole timers up in the stands make better calls after the playsย  over than the coaches did before the play started. We want jump off the bandwagon till the ride is over.

ย 

ย ย ย ย  I betย  Newton matches up way better to Canadian than last week.

Is anyone as appalled as I am with the crew at FSSW football scoreboard? I'm so sick of them showing favoritism to the bigger schools and, and the metro areaย ย schools. Now I'm not one to whine about much, but that biased comment Rick Renner made about Canadian's defense being good enough to beat Newton was over the top. Now, he may be right, but it's not his job to show favoritism.

Just today they played video of Gunter beating Boling for the 2015 State Championship. That was two years ago, and they just got beat by Canadian. That tells me that Rick Renner doesn't believe Newton is a legitimate State Champion, that Gunter is really better. The Newton Eagles are the reigning champions, that's the team that should be profiled.They showed about 2-3 minutes of the EB game, and 5-10 of the other games, plus interviews of coaches.

This is a long rant to say Newton Eagles do not get enough respect with the metro media. I also feel the same way about other East Texas schools.

End of rant. Do I feel better?ย Not really lol.ย 

• Like 1