🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

1 hour ago, wtxfootball said:

The dude is 6 foot 200 pounds and is good enough to know to throw that pass higher than a d lineman or linebacker can jump if hes in the way lol. He will be the best QB that Newton has faced this year. Newton is probably the best team in the state and more likely than not will win this game. But Canadian is not nearly as bad as some of the people on here hope they are!! Should be an awesome game between two very different parts of Texas separated by a 9 and a half hour drive. Canadian has a lot of class, even in defeat, guarantee they will earn Newtons respect like it or not.

If Newtons boys aren't focused and ready, i expect  for them to come in 2nd in state and all the talk about them being the best team in Newton history will be out the window.The team knows how good Canadian is. The boys will treat your boys with respect, but with all honestly until we played East Bernard ,the fans had not seen a tight 3a game with our boys. most of us know if we don't play good ball and execute a good game plan, we probably get 2nd. We have talent and so does Canadian. hope for good clean game without anyone getting injured.

2 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

The dude is 6 foot 200 pounds and is good enough to know to throw that pass higher than a d lineman or linebacker can jump if hes in the way lol. He will be the best QB that Newton has faced this year. Newton is probably the best team in the state and more likely than not will win this game. But Canadian is not nearly as bad as some of the people on here hope they are!! Should be an awesome game between two very different parts of Texas separated by a 9 and a half hour drive. Canadian has a lot of class, even in defeat, guarantee they will earn Newtons respect like it or not.

They have to be a good team to make it this far, not to be takin lightly.

I think the way you look at this game is that EB played just an excellent defensive game last week, and it will be very difficult for Canadian to equal that performance this week.  However.....Canadian IMO will bring a much better offense to the field and may not need the kind of defense that EB played last week.  But I think for Newton this is a better matchup for them.......to simply outscore the Wildcats vs. facing a very stingy defense like East Bernard played last week.  Should be an offensive game.  Newton 36-23.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:43 AM, AmphibiousRodent said:

The result of one team not playing well is directly related to the other team just being much better than expected. BTW,  Newton though the score doesn't reflect had twice as much total yards as EB. EB played on a shorter field most of the night. And that was because they were given that oppurtunity. Newton didn't do anything much different than they do every week.  But East Bernard played great defense and and offense that was almost good enough. EB, plain and simple has a complete team that matches up well with Newton.  If they played Newton 10 times the result would likely be similar.  And the fact that Newton was missing one of their key players as I understand won't be back. But tht is football. Penalties that you commit and injuries or players out for whatever reason is part of the game. We never take into consideration the other teams penalties or players out when we win. EB played a great game. Learn from it and move on

Glad we got the win. Undoubtedly we underestimated them. Even if we didn't the result may have not been much different. 

The first sentence in your post is not always correct. There are plenty of times when a team plays poorly and it has nothing to do with the other team. 

• Like 2

I want my team to win, but that is up tp them. I can’t play it for them. Winning by 1 point is all that is required. Win or lose they’re still my team and always will be and it has been a good year. I know deep in some of your hearts y’all want them to lose, so you can rag on them. That’s ok, but if it was me I would rather get beat by the Champion rather than the loser. Who will win is yet to be determined. Everybody kept asking what would happen if they got hit in the mouth, well they didn’t lay down like y’all thought they would. They fought to the end and prevailed. I know y’all hate Newton because of some of the posters, but they were no worse than y’all bragging on your teams. I make no comparisons to any team unless they play them. To me my team is better, we did it after losing our all-state running back, but we will never know because we will never play. We may get to many roughing the players penalties. Discussion is useless. Useless rambling on my part. Go Eagles, bring it home.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

I want my team to win, but that is up tp them. I can’t play it for them. Winning by 1 point is all that is required. Win or lose they’re still my team and always will be and it has been a good year. I know deep in some of your hearts y’all want them to lose, so you can rag on them. That’s ok, but if it was me I would rather get beat by the Champion rather than the loser. Who will win is yet to be determined. Everybody kept asking what would happen if they got hit in the mouth, well they didn’t lay down like y’all thought they would. They fought to the end and prevailed. I know y’all hate Newton because of some of the posters, but they were no worse than y’all bragging on your teams. I make no comparisons to any team unless they play them. To me my team is better, we did it after losing our all-state running back, but we will never know because we will never play. We may get to many roughing the players penalties. Discussion is useless. Useless rambling on my part. Go Eagles, bring it home.

98F4614E-8E24-4EF9-BBB4-4565BD83B318.gif

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

You having a pity party?

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Newton is much Stronger than your post !! They going to AT&T to kick azz not to lose or just squeeze out a win.. Newton (never) expects to lose.🆙 Get off this Snowflake talk !!

16 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Newton is much Stronger than your post !! They going to AT&T to kick azz not to lose or just squeeze out a win.. Newton (never) expects to lose.🆙 Get off this Snowflake talk !!

I'm sure Canadian isnt either...JS

Both teams have earned each others respect, EB proved that you can play with anyone as long as you show up and play 48 minutes, the talk from some of the newton folks @BiggieSmalls @KirtFalcon who isnt even a newton fan and a few others saying no team will come within 3-4 TD's got thrown out the window last week let's just go and enjoy two great teams playing for all the marbles and congratulate both afterwards on a great season.... both teams will show up and give it their all and I see a 7-14 point game good luck both teams and safe travels to all in attendance I'll see ya there 

46 minutes ago, JETT said:

I'm sure Canadian isnt either...JS

Both teams have earned each others respect, EB proved that you can play with anyone as long as you show up and play 48 minutes, the talk from some of the newton folks @BiggieSmalls @KirtFalcon who isnt even a newton fan and a few others saying no team will come within 3-4 TD's got thrown out the window last week let's just go and enjoy two great teams playing for all the marbles and congratulate both afterwards on a great season.... both teams will show up and give it their all and I see a 7-14 point game good luck both teams and safe travels to all in attendance I'll see ya there 

Actually biggie smalls was one of the best athletes to come through Newton 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eagles97 said:

Actually biggie smalls was one of the best athletes to come through Newton 

That doesn't change the fact that a fan says no one will come close to their team and they got proved wrong. I respect newton hell most ppl do..... and I was talking about kirtfranklin not being a newton fan 

2 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Really I saw an offensive line that got their rearend handed to them. They better get that fire back in them or it will happen again. The best back in the world can go nowhere, if there is no hole for him.

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

Really I saw an offensive line that got their rearend handed to them. They better get that fire back in them or it will happen again. The best back in the world can go nowhere, if there is no hole for him.

No harm meant.  Think we both have the same goal in mind. Purple Pride !!

10 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

I want my team to win too.😂

12 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Put that Eminem beat Stan in the background you got a hit . 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Ive watched every game from both teams this year. Canadian has a very good qb that is big and can run and throw. Newton on the other hand is big, fast and talented all over the field. With Brown not playing which is one of the best Wr in the country is going to be a big hit for the Eagles. But that said I think Newton will still win this game 45-14 and the game MVP will go to the sophomore qb of Newton... I predict that they will play Foster at Wr which will create a miss match on the outside and open up the run as well. The sophomore qb throws for 300 and 4tds Thursday..

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1