๐Ÿ† Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

4 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

I was surprised that the sophomore QB for Newton was definitely not on his game. Made some bad decisions but he will be getting better the next to seasons. Congratulations to both teams. I picked Newton by the way by 21 pts.

SR. Going to TCU as a DB, played outstanding D today.ย 

Just wanted to Congratulate the Newton Eagles, and all their fans on a phenomenal season and run! Your team and coach is top-notch! You Barney fans are not bad either! To bad your run will end next year!๐Ÿ˜‰

Let me be the first to say that East Bernard and Canadian definitely earned my respect, you guys play some physical ball and it has definitely earned my respect.ย 

Newton and Canadian way to represent class 3A division 2 football! ย Great Championship Game!

ย 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

Hope now that they have seen it first hand newton can respect that SOME west texas teams can flat out ball. Congrats on an amazing season Newton.ย 

Canadian is a really good program that has maintained their success after moving up to 3A. Koetting is a pretty dang good coach.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Just wanted to Congratulate the Newton Eagles, and all their fans on a phenomenal season and run! Your team and coach is top-notch! You Barney fans are not bad either! To bad your run will end next year!๐Ÿ˜‰

Let me be the first to say that East Bernard and Canadian definitely earned my respect, you guys play some physical ball and it has definitely earned my respect.ย 

Newton and Canadian way to represent class 3A division 2 football! ย Great Championship Game!

ย 

We may not be at ship next year, but we will still be good! Some of star d1 players are leaving, but a couple have another year. & Thank you!ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

ย 

Absolutely the best coach interview ever....He is more focused on leaving the world a better place than when he entered it. I sure hope the players of Newton understand what a great role model and example he is. If your time is short coach then God bless you for your sacrifice for others and dedication to our Lord Jesus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Canadian is a really good program that has maintained their success after moving up to 3A. Koetting is a pretty dang good coach.

I met Koetting in 2014 hes really good guy and smart. Hes a x and o kinda coach.ย 

ย I have a feeling that Canadian team will be there again. That coach gets maximum effort with whatever he has on the field. I can't imagine how with all the talent that Newton team had, they only won by 5 points. There was a play on a 3rd and 1 near the end of the game. I said well, Newton is going to run a QB keeper like on a previous play and get 4 YDs again. Instead they run a RB sweep to the left (which Canadian had previously defensed well throughout the game) and was stopped short. Not only that, but he ran out of bounds. I was like WT*.ย  ๐Ÿ˜†

Congrats to Newton for going back to back!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Newton is a great team and right now or winning with a n min and a half left. ย I did not realize how weak 3A D2 is in E Tx. Newton is the best in the State but not super human like us E Texans thoughtย 

I agree. I was so excited to see them in person and I was kinda disappointed. ย Canadian left 8 pts on the field. They outplayed them and outgained them in yardage. ย Can't believe they held them to 166 yards rushing and I don't think super athlete Barlow had a run over 10 yards all game. I guess Canadian is just that good

• Like 1

This didn't surprise me.ย  The differenceย  between Canadian 2018 vs 2017 is their defense.ย  They shut Newton down after Newton's first drive.ย  Given how good Newton is, that is saying something.ย  When the dust settled Newton walked away with back to back championships though.ย  And that is saying something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great game to watch but as mentioned I think it showed more how weak 3A has become than how good either of the teams were.ย  The kids that signed with D1 schools will find how big a gap there is between this level and the 5A/6A kids they compete for a position . So many From DF and elsewhere have found it out.ย  Nonetheless our state playoffs are the greatest show on earth .

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

Congrats to Newton and Canadian. ย What a great ballgame.

That said, Jmo, but something was wrong with the Eagles (last two games). ย Yes their District is fairly weak, but them beating Silsbee and WOS shows they were stronger than battery acid.. ย And then theย drumming of Dangerfield. ย They were a force. ย The young man, Brown,ย quit for personal reasons after the Dangerfield game. ย His physical absence hurt some, but, and this is just a guess, Brownโ€™s situation (and few know what that is) seem to have createdย an emotional strain on his teammates. ย They almost played like their hearts werenโ€™tย in it. ย Heck, Iโ€™m no psychologist, I just know the team on the field wasnโ€™t even close to the team that played the first 13 games. ย Again, Jmo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Congrats to Newton and Canadian. ย What a great ballgame.

That said, Jmo, but something was wrong with the Eagles (last two games). ย Yes their District is fairly weak, but them beating Silsbee and WOS shows they were stronger than battery acid.. ย And then theย drumming of Dangerfield. ย They were a force. ย The young man, Brown,ย quit for personal reasons after the Dangerfield game. ย His physical absence hurt some, but, and this is just a guess, Brownโ€™s situation (and few know what that is) seem to have createdย an emotional strain on his teammates. ย They almost played like their hearts werenโ€™tย in it. ย Heck, Iโ€™m no psychologist, I just know the team on the field wasnโ€™t even close to the team that played the first 13 games. ย Again, Jmo.

Man what?? They played district games without him so that excuse is out the window. Chalk it up to the competition being tougher as the latter part of the playoffs went on: and they STILL won state.ย 

39 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Man what?? They played district games without him so that excuse is out the window. Chalk it up to the competition being tougher as the latter part of the playoffs went on: and they STILL won state.ย 

Brown did put a huge damper on our team. Back & forth thinking they could depend on him, Iโ€™m sure it was stressful bc he was a clutch player, but at the end of the day he wasnโ€™t there when they needed him and they still pulled it off. We all knew they could do it without him, but it wouldโ€™ve been nice to have him. Just seemed like they all played better and in sync when he was playing, but thatโ€™s just my opinion. Regardless of all that, theyโ€™re a great group of youngsters and back to back state championships. We made Newton history and thatโ€™s what counts!ย 

4 hours ago, BunzT said:

Great game to watch but as mentioned I think it showed more how weak 3A has become than how good either of the teams were.ย  The kids that signed with D1 schools will find how big a gap there is between this level and the 5A/6A kids they compete for a position . So many From DF and elsewhere have found it out.ย  Nonetheless our state playoffs are the greatest show on earth .

ย 

What???? How has 3A become weak? I think kids from 3A schools can hold there own with kids from 5A/6A schools at the next level. At the next level it is about how dedicated a kid is just as much as it is how much talent they have. At the next level, it doesn't matter what class or level you came from, it's about how hard you work in the weight room and how quickly you pick up the college system you are playing at and are able to understand where you are supposed to be or what you are supposed to do in certain situations. I would be willing to bet there are just as many 5A/6A kids that don't make itย after they get to college as there are 3A kids. And the same for the two classes/levels you mentioned as far as being successful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagles95 said:

Brown did put a huge damper on our team. Back & forth thinking they could depend on him, Iโ€™m sure it was stressful bc he was a clutch player, but at the end of the day he wasnโ€™t there when they needed him and they still pulled it off. We all knew they could do it without him, but it wouldโ€™ve been nice to have him. Just seemed like they all played better and in sync when he was playing, but thatโ€™s just my opinion. Regardless of all that, theyโ€™re a great group of youngsters and back to back state championships. We made Newton history and thatโ€™s what counts!ย 

I think it's some idiotic morons outside of the 409 who think Newton would've just blown those last 2 opponents out with him, i think they still would've won 2 close games and won state like they just did IMO, those last 2 opponents were REALLY good.ย 

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I think it's some idiotic morons outside of the 409 who think Newton would've just blown those last 2 opponents out with him, i think they still would've won 2 close games and won state like they just did IMO, those last 2 opponents were REALLY good.ย 

I think your right to a degree but a athlete of this caliber and a legit receiver on the field would have made all the difference in the world. ย He would have made those dropped passes that the other receivers dropped and it would have pulled that d back to respect the pass and opened up the run game more. Not to mention the confidence of Josh. Plus the emotional toll this has taken on the kids and the weight that was on there shoulders. ย  I do not any any way believe these teams are better than Silsbee or Wos. ย But at the end of the day Newton is back to back champions and people need to quit taking this away from the kids by over analyzing these past two games. ย 

ย 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Oh, I totally agree. His absence changedย the dynamics of the team. But definitely wouldnโ€™t have blown them out. EB & Canadian weโ€™re VERY good teams and deserve credit where credit is due. Some of our fan base is clueless & give us a bad name.ย