🏆 Canadian (14-1) vs. Newton (14-0), Class 3A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

BoyzNdaHood

Wildcats vs Eagles  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div II State Finals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 09:00 PM

4 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Is anyone as appalled as I am with the crew at FSSW football scoreboard? I'm so sick of them showing favoritism to the bigger schools and, and the metro area  schools. Now I'm not one to whine about much, but that biased comment Rick Renner made about Canadian's defense being good enough to beat Newton was over the top. Now, he may be right, but it's not his job to show favoritism.

Just today they played video of Gunter beating Boling for the 2015 State Championship. That was two years ago, and they just got beat by Canadian. That tells me that Rick Renner doesn't believe Newton is a legitimate State Champion, that Gunter is really better. The Newton Eagles are the reigning champions, that's the team that should be profiled.They showed about 2-3 minutes of the EB game, and 5-10 of the other games, plus interviews of coaches.

This is a long rant to say Newton Eagles do not get enough respect with the metro media. I also feel the same way about other East Texas schools.

End of rant. Do I feel better? Not really lol. 

They've been doing that for years, not giving East Texas teams the same attention as DFW or Central Texas teams. I finally just stopped caring about it. I don't give them much respect for what they do anyway. They're good at presenting themselves in front of a camera, but I can make picks as good, or better than they can. The matchup I'm interested in is the Canadian passing game vs. the Newton pass defense. Canadian's qb is a ball player, they will have to account for him every snap. Newton is by far the best team out of our area, that wasn't even close, but those big country panhandle boys play a different breed of ball. East Texas knows this! If Canadian takes care of the ball, I believe they will make it a game. I'm picking Canadian, because I like the matchup they present. Well balanced and can go up tempo if needed. Coaching I believe is equal. Both coaches use everything their team has to it's full potential. This is going to be a great game. I can't wait! Lots of great games this year. This has been a fantastic year for Texas high school football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All year I thought that Canadian would be the only team that might be able to beat Newton......even when they came back to beat Childress in the last seconds 31-30.  After that game, it seemed like the Wildcats went on a tear and never looked back......just getting better and better each week. Canadian has the pedigree and history that a team needs in a big game like this to upset a loaded team like Newton.  But guess what???  I still took Newton in my Bracket Breaker.  And I'm still taking them to win it this week......but Canadian should put up a pretty good fight to make this game interesting.  

Many of you Smoaky posters should be ashamed.  Y’all ragged on my old buddy KirtFalcon so hard, he’s gone into hiding.  Kirt has been a long time believer in Newton football.  You guys opened up a 55 gallon drum of whipa$$ on him after the East Bernard game.  Shame be upon ya.

Newton 29  Canadian 14.

8 hours ago, Anxiety said:

They've been doing that for years, not giving East Texas teams the same attention as DFW or Central Texas teams. I finally just stopped caring about it. I don't give them much respect for what they do anyway. They're good at presenting themselves in front of a camera, but I can make picks as good, or better than they can. The matchup I'm interested in is the Canadian passing game vs. the Newton pass defense. Canadian's qb is a ball player, they will have to account for him every snap. Newton is by far the best team out of our area, that wasn't even close, but those big country panhandle boys play a different breed of ball. East Texas knows this! If Canadian takes care of the ball, I believe they will make it a game. I'm picking Canadian, because I like the matchup they present. Well balanced and can go up tempo if needed. Coaching I believe is equal. Both coaches use everything their team has to it's full potential. This is going to be a great game. I can't wait! Lots of great games this year. This has been a fantastic year for Texas high school football.

Yeah, I just posted on another thread, that my biggest fear is Newton has been weakened where Canadian is the strongest. But, as in life, you have to rise to the challenge if you want to ride in the parade.

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

All year I thought that Canadian would be the only team that might be able to beat Newton......even when they came back to beat Childress in the last seconds 31-30.  After that game, it seemed like the Wildcats went on a tear and never looked back......just getting better and better each week. Canadian has the pedigree and history that a team needs in a big game like this to upset a loaded team like Newton.  But guess what???  I still took Newton in my Bracket Breaker.  And I'm still taking them to win it this week......but Canadian should put up a pretty good fight to make this game interesting.  

I hope my heart can stand it lol

1 hour ago, Eagles95 said:

I think the first half will be close and second half we’ll make adjustments and get the win. Canadian will be tough, but I’m confident we can do this! Go Eagles! 

Well the Eagles coaching staff have certainly done that before, and the players responded .  What  makes me nervous, is the fact that Canadian is strongest in the passing game where Newton has only been challenged hard once, by WOS, maybe Gilmer to a lesser degree. Having said all that, I still think this and last year is the best football team in Newton Texas history. 

Thank you,  Captian  Obvious.

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Well the Eagles coaching staff have certainly done that before, and the players responded .  What  makes me nervous, is the fact that Canadian is strongest in the passing game where Newton has only been challenged hard once, by WOS, maybe Gilmer to a lesser degree. Having said all that, I still think this and last year is the best football team in Newton Texas history. 

Thank you,  Captian  Obvious.

Without a doubt the best. 

12 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

If that Canadian QB brings him a ladder he might get that screen off.. lmao

The dude is 6 foot 200 pounds and is good enough to know to throw that pass higher than a d lineman or linebacker can jump if hes in the way lol. He will be the best QB that Newton has faced this year. Newton is probably the best team in the state and more likely than not will win this game. But Canadian is not nearly as bad as some of the people on here hope they are!! Should be an awesome game between two very different parts of Texas separated by a 9 and a half hour drive. Canadian has a lot of class, even in defeat, guarantee they will earn Newtons respect like it or not.