๐Ÿ† Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

We have a Big X factor that was not present in the first gameย 

The RB is a difference....this will come down to the final drive. Malakoff will have the ball down 5 with 2min left. Yall watch...

ย 

Sorry malakoff friends but I picked grandview very early this year and I am sticking with them.

ย 

2 (region 3) teams going at it!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

This is off topic from this game. How does the region 3 brethren feel about us not being inย region 3 this and next year? I know everyone is happy that we finally made it to Jerry's world but are you glad that you guys didn't have to play us? Do miss having the good games against us? What are your thoughts? My opinion, I miss the rivalries against certain teams especially in the post season. I also feel like we didn't go down to a weaker region either.ย 

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿ† Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

When you look at these two teams, you know there is good talent. You can't get this farย without it. However, these may also be the two most well-coached programs in 3A DI.ย 

We all know the success that Malakoff has had in their sub-varsity programs and of course at the varsity level. Jaime Driskell was 87-21 heading into this season and the only loss that shocked me was to Yoakumย in the semifinals inย 2016. Driskell may very well stay in Malakoff for some time, but I would be making some calls if I were other programs looking for an upgrade.ย 

On the flip side, Grandview had good success under Casey Walraven, but made a big splash hire with Brad Davis, who entered this season with a 112-34 overall record. They did not hire from within, and made the smart move by hiring the most highly-qualified candidate to lead the program, and it's paying dividends.ย 

If I'm not mistaken, both of these teams are young, so we may see more of the same next season.

19 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

You believe me now?

Dude franklin vs grandview was for the state championship.... I have talked to alot of grandview people and everyone of them agreed with me... They also said that franklin throwing the ball is what hurt us and should have sticked with what we know and ran the ball... Pick 6 is what killed us.... But after seeing grandview play they are a complete team and go with what is workin for them so imma go with region 3 grandview by 14

9 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

This is a tough one for me to predict. Both teams are battle tested and deserve to be playing on this stage. For Malakoff, it was only a matter of time before we witnessed them playing in the state game. For Grandview, what a tough, grittyย group of kids who quicklyย became hard not to pullย for on their run. Franklin had been my favorite to represent region 3 at the state game but once Grandview took them out I quickly became a believer. Withย this game being a rematchย from the preseason showdownย makes this oneย that much more interesting.ย 

If GV does winย this game then they will have a great chance to go back to back... Seen that gv returns 10/9

18 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Well if the Grandview folks agreed with you then it must be true.ย 

Sorry Malakoff... this is just an exhibition game,ย  state was played earlier in the playoffs...lol... just giving you a hard time man.ย 

Im glad malakoff is in the championship is was only a matter of time before they went to state... Two region 3 teams goin at it for the state championship lol

9 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Im glad malakoff is in the championship is was only a matter of time before they went to state... Two region 3 teams goin at it for the state championship lol

Its always good to see new blood in the title games.ย  Nothing against the marquis programs but I like a little parody, especially at this level.

22 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Its always good to see new blood in the title games.ย  Nothing against the marquis programs but I like a little parody, especially at this level.

No doubt and alot of favorite's have went down.... Carthage, Allen, Wellington, ect.... Lots of new face's with a couple of top teams

54 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Dude franklin vs grandview was for the state championship.... I have talked to alot of grandview people and everyone of them agreed with me... They also said that franklin throwing the ball is what hurt us and should have sticked with what we know and ran the ball... Pick 6 is what killed us.... But after seeing grandview play they are a complete team and go with what is workin for them so imma go with region 3 grandview by 14

Wow, you will say anything to get Franklin in the topic. SMDH, what disrespect to Malakoff for you to say Franklin and Grandview was the State Championship game. Yโ€™all had yalls chance but yโ€™all couldnโ€™t beat Grandview because of the same song , second verse. FYI, Grandview vs Malakoff is the State Championship on Thursday at 7 pm in Jerry World.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Well guess we will show up anyway for our state exhibition game against the Zeebs.ย 

I would swear that Franklin and Grandview was Round 3? But what do I know?

ย 

1 hour ago, player73 said:

Wow, you will say anything to get Franklin in the topic. SMDH, what disrespect to Malakoff for you to say Franklin and Grandview was the State Championship game. Yโ€™all had yalls chance but yโ€™all couldnโ€™t beat Grandview because of the same song , second verse. FYI, Grandview vs Malakoff is the State Championship on Thursday at 7 pm in Jerry World.ย 

Dude hate all you want but you know it to be true.... I have said im glad malakoff is in the state game it was bound to happen soon and here they are... Ec and yoakum were not on the same level as us and gv fans have agreed.... If malakoff wins thats great for that program and school!!!! It is also something they can build on as a program goin forward... I have said congrats to malakoff but if im not speaking my mind then i would be lying to yall and myself

32 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Well guess we will show up anyway for our state exhibition game against the Zeebs.ย 

I would swear that Franklin and Grandview was Round 3? But what do I know?

ย 

Malakoff is a region 3 school in region 2 so i still see them as a region 3 team but grandview d will be the difference once again this go around however i do see malakoff scoring more then 7 points this go around... Im thinking 28-14 or 35-21 type of game

Guest Tiger03lb
19 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Malakoff is a region 3 school in region 2 so i still see them as a region 3 team but grandview d will be the difference once again this go around however i do see malakoff scoring more then 7 points this go around... Im thinking 28-14 or 35-21 type of game

This game will be decided by 10 points or less imo. Still trying to decided the score.ย 

9 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

This is off topic from this game. How does the region 3 brethren feel about us not being inย region 3 this and next year? I know everyone is happy that we finally made it to Jerry's world but are you glad that you guys didn't have to play us? Do miss having the good games against us? What are your thoughts? My opinion, I miss the rivalries against certain teams especially in the post season. I also feel like we didn't go down to a weaker region either.ย 

I think it's interesting that former Reg 3 gladiators Malakoff and current Regย 3 survivors Grandview are in the state title game.

No offense to Yoakum, Franklin, et al, but Malakoff has run a serious gauntlet in the playoffs. I think they're peaking, and after all these years of losing to eventual state champs, I think everybody in that program is HUNGRY and ready to make this season, on top of all those seasons, worth it.ย 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but GO TIGERS!

• Like 1