🏆 Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

37 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I think it's interesting that former Reg 3 gladiators Malakoff and current Reg 3 survivors Grandview are in the state title game.

No offense to Yoakum, Franklin, et al, but Malakoff has run a serious gauntlet in the playoffs. I think they're peaking, and after all these years of losing to eventual state champs, I think everybody in that program is HUNGRY and ready to make this season, on top of all those seasons, worth it. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but GO TIGERS!

I like it! 

29 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

I’m taking the Koff by 10 with a TD in the last 5 min. And a good stop to seal it. Even though they USE to be region 3 they aren’t this year and is REPRESENTING region 2. Represent #bEASTTEXAS Malakoff the Rabbs are cheering for you!!!

Like this! and with the additions in R2 this region is a gauntlet it’s self 

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Dude franklin vs grandview was for the state championship.... I have talked to alot of grandview people and everyone of them agreed with me... They also said that franklin throwing the ball is what hurt us and should have sticked with what we know and ran the ball... Pick 6 is what killed us.... But after seeing grandview play they are a complete team and go with what is workin for them so imma go with region 3 grandview by 14

So East Chambers in any other Regional would have won then... That's what your saying then right? 

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Malakoff is a region 3 school in region 2 so i still see them as a region 3 team but grandview d will be the difference once again this go around however i do see malakoff scoring more then 7 points this go around... Im thinking 28-14 or 35-21 type of game

No, Malakoff is a region 2 school because they are in region 2. Liberals, I swear!

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I think it's interesting that former Reg 3 gladiators Malakoff and current Reg 3 survivors Grandview are in the state title game.

No offense to Yoakum, Franklin, et al, but Malakoff has run a serious gauntlet in the playoffs. I think they're peaking, and after all these years of losing to eventual state champs, I think everybody in that program is HUNGRY and ready to make this season, on top of all those seasons, worth it. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but GO TIGERS!

These kids and coaches want it really badly. You can see it and with the fan base behind them more than ever, we believe they can get it done!! I know that's a hard with for a yoe fan/alumni to say but I think all of the tigers fans/alumni respect and liked what you had said.

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Dats what I'm saying... Now GV will be without their starting RB... Shadow GV QB with #32 and Tigers will win by 17. 38-21. 

The key to that offense is #3 soph qb. Gotta keep him contained and in the box. I've been saying that the whole time this post season. The kid can beat you with his legs and then they'll dump it off to the rb in the middle or out the flat when needed. 

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

The key to that offense is #3 soph qb. Gotta keep him contained and in the box. I've been saying that the whole time this post season. The kid can beat you with his legs and then they'll dump it off to the rb in the middle or out the flat when needed. 

Yup. He's the key. I think that quick #32 shadowing him will slow some of that down. GV basically put up 21 on Yoak.... The 1st td they recovered the opening kickoff on the 3yard line. Koff D will hold them around 21, although they go 5 wide 70% of the time. MTown will adjust.  Question is, can they hold koff. 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Not at all i dont think ec was that good.. Just my opinion but that side of the bracket was easier... 

But EC took GV to overtime... Not sure the details of that game as far as turnovers. But GV qb only has 3 interceptions on the year and 2 were against Malakoff. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Yup. He's the key. I think that quick #32 shadowing him will slow some of that down. GV basically put up 21 on Yoak.... The 1st td they recovered the opening kickoff on the 3yard line. Koff D will hold them around 21, although they go 5 wide 70% of the time. MTown will adjust.  Question is, can they hold koff. 

If carr can get past the los and out in the open it'll be hard for them to take him down. Rose will have a better impact as well than the last game against them. If you didn't notice in the second half, we took a play from y'alls playbook with the rb going out on a wheel route, both times we were open. You gotta stop both the run and pass to beat us and it hasn't been done this post season. Gv d line is good but if we come out like we have been I think our line will have the advantage this time. It'll be interesting to see what coach comes up with this week. I think gv will try to run at first and see how that goes and try to throw us off with passes out of the blue. They run a lot of screens. I don't see them throwing it deep, even though #3 can. They are a lot like you guys as far as formations go. I got a 30-21 type of game malakoff. 

Mally is a good football team without a doubt. They will have to show up big to beat Grandview. Grandview offense will do their thing as always. Grandview offense hit another gear last Friday.  Grandview D is winning games as of late. D has no mercy. This team is very disciplined and composed. It will take everything Mally has to defeat GV. Good luck to both very special programs.

The key for us this week on D is CONTAIN ..IMO... #3 is pretty good in the open field but Im sure our staff knows that, They have had a pretty damn good game plan so far. Our guys are hungry....not that GV's aren't. I just think our boys are playing for more than the State Championship and are on a mission.

• Like 1

I definitely understand that part of it. Your community has been through a lot this year. I was very fortunate to have conversations with Big Mike through another forum. I certainly wish I could have met him in person. Heaven got a good one.

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

If carr can get past the los and out in the open it'll be hard for them to take him down. Rose will have a better impact as well than the last game against them. If you didn't notice in the second half, we took a play from y'alls playbook with the rb going out on a wheel route, both times we were open. You gotta stop both the run and pass to beat us and it hasn't been done this post season. Gv d line is good but if we come out like we have been I think our line will have the advantage this time. It'll be interesting to see what coach comes up with this week. I think gv will try to run at first and see how that goes and try to throw us off with passes out of the blue. They run a lot of screens. I don't see them throwing it deep, even though #3 can. They are a lot like you guys as far as formations go. I got a 30-21 type of game malakoff. 

Hahaha.... I noticed... Once Carr got going forward a bit early but it def threw them off. Yeah I watched their Yo game... They will go 5 wide and just go QB delay keeper and some screens and quick passes. Yeah they are more like us  but more physical and B was more like GW but more physical. Bot NOBODY has been more physical than y'all since Pots. 

2 hours ago, Terry said:

Mally is a good football team without a doubt. They will have to show up big to beat Grandview. Grandview offense will do their thing as always. Grandview offense hit another gear last Friday.  Grandview D is winning games as of late. D has no mercy. This team is very disciplined and composed. It will take everything Mally has to defeat GV. Good luck to both very special programs.

I watched that game. Not so sure about another "gear". 7 of this points were absolutely free. And Yo is most definitely as ONE dimensional as a team could possibly get. And still had alot of success off tackle and GV knew exactly what they were gonna run 80% of the time. MTown that will be reduced to about 15% of the time. Hesitation=yards. 

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I watched that game. Not so sure about another "gear". 7 of this points were absolutely free. And Yo is most definitely as ONE dimensional as a team could possibly get. And still had alot of success off tackle and GV knew exactly what they were gonna run 80% of the time. MTown that will be reduced to about 15% of the time. Hesitation=yards. 

Yes another gear. I’ve watched them all year. They definitely expanded their offense. Yoakum is far from one dimensional. Wind was a factor. 

1 minute ago, Terry said:

Yes another gear. I’ve watched them all year. They definitely expanded their offense. Yoakum is far from one dimensional. Wind was a factor. 

Yoak ran 1 wide, 10 tight 90% of the plays. Regardless of the wind, THAT night they were 1 dimensional and GV still gave up 167 to the RB on 15 carries. 

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Yes another gear. I’ve watched them all

2 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Yoak ran 1 wide, 10 tight 90% of the plays. Regardless of the wind, THAT night they were 1 dimensional and GV still gave up 167 to the RB on 15 carries. 

2 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Correct. They had  the ability to pass but didn’t until it was too late. I would have given up 400 yards just as long as they didn’t get in the endzone. And that’s basically what happened. GV D made critical stops and basically won the game.