🏆 Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Terry said:

Yes another gear. I’ve watched them all

Correct. They had  the ability to pass but didn’t until it was too late. I would have given up 400 yards just as long as they didn’t get in the endzone. And that’s basically what happened. GV D made critical stops and basically won the game.

Yeah GV was good in the Red Zone. I believe Yoak was like 0-6 on 4th down.... Can't win that way. Period 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I watched that game. Not so sure about another "gear". 7 of this points were absolutely free. And Yo is most definitely as ONE dimensional as a team could possibly get. And still had alot of success off tackle and GV knew exactly what they were gonna run 80% of the time. MTown that will be reduced to about 15% of the time. Hesitation=yards. 

True. Still trying to figure out the other gear GV had/has that you are talking about? GV's playbook is wide open, can't get anymore than what you guys are running other than disguising/moving around players. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Hahaha.... I noticed... Once Carr got going forward a bit early but it def threw them off. Yeah I watched their Yo game... They will go 5 wide and just go QB delay keeper and some screens and quick passes. Yeah they are more like us  but more physical and B was more like GW but more physical. Bot NOBODY has been more physical than y'all since Pots. 

I think that was his first time running that route. Lol. They haven't changed from what games I've seen on film and in person as far as offensive plays go. That Brock game was a very physical team and well coached. That game wasn't the best for us especially with the penalties and the turnover. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think that was his first time running that route. Lol. They haven't changed from what games I've seen on film and in person as far as offensive plays go. That Brock game was a very physical team and well coached. That game wasn't the best for us especially with the penalties and the turnover. 

Yeah I watched the whole game with GV and Yoak last night.... Y'all be fine. 

35 minutes ago, player73 said:

IMO , two key matchups other than the obvious. 

Malakoff Pass Defense vs Grandview passing game

Granview perimeter defense vs Malakoff run game. 

Yep our secondary will be key.

The first game our defense actually played well they kept us in the game. Several tds were on short fields.

Also passing game of the Tigers will be a big part of it. The Zeebs stacked the box last time and several big drops that could have affected the game.

Twp different teams from Sept for both schools 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I don't think the score really reflects that game. They had 2 touchdowns in like 40 seconds. And that silly onside almost burndt them again. It was actually the easier catch of the 2 exact plays thrown to #7. Hit right in the numbers. Boy did the 1st catch make up for it lol. 

#7 ok? 

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I don't think the score really reflects that game. They had 2 touchdowns in like 40 seconds. And that silly onside almost burndt them again. It was actually the easier catch of the 2 exact plays thrown to #7. Hit right in the numbers. Boy did the 1st catch make up for it lol. 

#7 ok? 

He should be good to go and you are correct could easy been 24-21 at half 

8 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

He should be good to go and you are correct could easy been 24-21 at half 

Good to hear. 

I couldn't believe they did an onside. I mean I thought it was a possibility but surely they wouldn't. They did lol. I know they didn't wanna go deep but heck directly oob and at the 35 would have even been a better play. 

A toss up game.......whichever team makes the least mistakes.  I'll go with the Zebras and their QB. Malakoff has been fightin' the good fight, but it's been a fight the whole way knocking off the favorites every week it seems.  I won't be disappointed at all if Malakoff wins this one.  What a great team and great season......tons of heart.

22 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I watched that game. Not so sure about another "gear". 7 of this points were absolutely free. And Yo is most definitely as ONE dimensional as a team could possibly get. And still had alot of success off tackle and GV knew exactly what they were gonna run 80% of the time. MTown that will be reduced to about 15% of the time. Hesitatio

1 hour ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

My 8th grader just informed me she has a game Thurs. 😕😕She's the starting PG and scores 70% of their pts. Hate I can't make this one. There's 2 teams I wanna see in person......Malakoff and Newton. Guess I'll record it and watch it later

Duties call..... Hey atleast it can be recorded... lol

• Like 1