πŸ† Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

14 hours ago, Terry said:

Malakoff is a very good team obviously. I have nothing but respect for Malakoff. I do think it will be a good game. Brock was lucky to be where they were.Β Β Just my opinion.Β 

There was nothing "lucky" about Brock bro.... They are widely viewed as the TOP program in 3a. They are a force!! And MTown sent them packing. You funny bro

14 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Strength of schedule has nothing to do with this game or past games with this game. That's irrelevant. Especially saying that other teams can beat whomever we played. Smh. Other teams have said the same thing you have the past 4 weeks. You may want to ask some of thoseΒ postersΒ or go back to other postΒ and see what they said after they played us. We are a very physical and aggressive team on both sides of the ball especially our d line. You got another thing coming when you see us play on Thursday.Β 

He about to see bro... Then be all like "well I was wrong, GV didn't show up ready to play" lmao.... WhatevΒ 

Tigers 38-21

16 hours ago, Terry said:

New game same outcome. GV will control the line on both sides. Someone better recognize the strength of schedule. Franklin would have destroyed Brock and any other team Koff played.

Btw.... Franklin played a bunch of tomato cans except "Lorena" and "GV" and lost BOTH..... BahahaΒ 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Nah, Malakoff went thru the meat grinder. Toughest road to the chip

People got their own opinions but I think we had a tougher time getting here in the post season.Β 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

He about to see bro... Then be all like "well I was wrong, GV didn't show up ready to play" lmao.... WhatevΒ 

Tigers 38-21

That's a bold prediction on the score. Lol. I don't think it'll be that high.

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I agree.... An argument can be made that maybe Region 3 was possibly the weakest... THIS yearΒ 

That's just region 3 doing their normal thing bro. I've been saying all year that region 2 for the next few years will be a force to deal with.Β 

There is no doubt region 3 over the last decade has been arguably the toughest region. Until this year. When we moved over to region 2 and I saw Gladewater, Atlanta and Tatum had dropped down I thought oh ####! Plus Jefferson. I think they are both comparable with region 2 Β having the edge in speed. Yoe, Franklin and Rockdale have typically run region 3. And they are VERY tough teams. We’ve played them all with the exception of Franklin. And they each could go all the way. Grandview running that gauntlet is impressive. But equally ours was as well. All of these teams mentioned have the ability to be where us and Grandview are. In my opinion Jefferson scared me more than any of them just from the number of pure athletes and speed they had on that team. The difference in that game was coaching. We could argue until the cows come home about which region is better but I feel like this year they are both fairly equal in their own right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Btw.... Franklin played a bunch of tomato cans except "Lorena" and "GV" and lost BOTH..... BahahaΒ 

Franklin would have smashed yall facemask in lmao.... Lorena went 3 rounds in 4ad2 and gv is playin for state and franklin only lost to them by 3.... Franklin had something atlanta didnt have.... Defense!!!! Prolly didnt even see any of Franklin's highlights but wanna talk mess..... Gv will win state this year by 14 mark it down.... Also willing to bet that mart would have beat Atlanta this year

4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin would have smashed yall facemask in lmao.... Lorena went 3 rounds in 4ad2 and gv is playin for state and franklin only lost to them by 3.... Franklin had something atlanta didnt have.... Defense!!!! Prolly didnt even see any of Franklin's highlights but wanna talk mess..... Gv will win state this year by 14 mark it down

MarkedΒ 

One of the dumbest things i hear on here is how a 3a schools plays a 2a school.... Steel sharpens steel no matter the classification.... Yoe played refugio couple of years back, refugio played goliad thisΒ year, burton played lexington this year.... Only makes both teams better in the long run.. Β Lorena has played us 3 years in a row now and have heard that them dropping down to play us has only madeΒ them better

49 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin would have smashed yall facemask in lmao.... Lorena went 3 rounds in 4ad2 and gv is playin for state and franklin only lost to them by 3.... Franklin had something atlanta didnt have.... Defense!!!! Prolly didnt even see any of Franklin's highlights but wanna talk mess..... Gv will win state this year by 14 mark it down.... Also willing to bet that mart would have beat Atlanta this year

Ok so by that Logic If we beat Grandview ......we would have SMASHED yalls face mask in? Correct ? It kills me how people come on here using this kind of logic. That is why the games are played. You can not judge the outcome of who 2 teams have played to determine a winner. The fact is Franklin is setting home going over full court presses and Malakoff and Grandview are still playing football. Good luck on the hard court.

8 minutes ago, MHS77 said:

Ok so by that Logic If we beat Grandview ......we would have SMASHED yalls face mask in? Correct ? It kills me how people come on here using this kind of logic. That is why the games are played. You can not judge the outcome of who 2 teams have played to determine a winner. The fact is Franklin is setting home going over full court presses and Malakoff and Grandview are still playing football. Good luck on the hard court.

Well the full court press isΒ working... Boys won 45 to 41 over cameron and girls won 81 to 22 over cameron yesterday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Look I don't hardly agree with anything Rab4Life says but by your logic Malakoff still has just as impressive a resume. The Tigers beat Gladewater, who beat PG who IS the defendingΒ  4A Div 2 State Champion & is going for back to back titles this week.Β 

Bottom line is most people think their region is the toughest. Points can be made on both sides. We will see come Thursday!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

One of the dumbest things i hear on here is how a 3a schools plays a 2a school.... Steel sharpens steel no matter the classification.... Yoe played refugio couple of years back, refugio played goliad thisΒ year, burton played lexington this year.... Only makes both teams better in the long run.. Β Lorena has played us 3 years in a row now and have heard that them dropping down to play us has only madeΒ them better

Bro.... YOU are the one that said "the state Championship was played between Franklin and Grandview"!!!! YOU said that!! You don't get to the CHAMPIONSHIP based on AP Rankings!!! You have to play the game!!! And I'M saying WHO did Franklin beat ALL season for you to say such a ridiculous thing??? Please tell me??? MART??? Congrats, y'all could win 2A D2 ship.... lol