🏆 Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Just think of the Rhodes kid for a while back, but better. 

Nope. Didn't see it. Maybe he had better games during the season. Like I said, he's good, and I have no doubt he's just going to get better, as long as he's got some good players around him. But everyone kept advertiding him like he was a world-beater. Didn't see it.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Nope. Didn't see it. Maybe he had better games during the season. Like I said, he's good, and I have no doubt he's just going to get better, as long as he's got some good players around him. But everyone kept advertiding him like he was a world-beater. Didn't see it.

He’s scrappier than watching one game would make him out to be. Remember, Malakoff’s defense held 4 of the best offenses in 3A to 22 points or less in the 4 weeks leading up this game. I Had same feelings as you, but he puts up the same numbers every game. The Golden kid is ok, he benefits from a really good o line. Their other kid is more talented I felt like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

He has all the intangibles that makes a high school QB special. I’ll take a kid of his caliber on my team any day. The pic 6 was uncharacteristic of him and no the SC game wasn’t his best game but was good enough to be named MVP on both sides of the ball. The kid is a winner. 

10 hours ago, player73 said:

He has all the intangibles that makes a high school QB special. I’ll take a kid of his caliber on my team any day. The pic 6 was uncharacteristic of him and no the SC game wasn’t his best game but was good enough to be named MVP on both sides of the ball. The kid is a winner. 

I agree with you. GV QB has mental toughness and extreme focus. I’ve played with guys like him and you knew that guy was going to give his all for the team. The guy’s positive attitude and energy is contagious. That one person has a tremendous positive effect on the whole team. Very mature for a young man. True leader. Can’t wait to see this team one more year experienced. 

3 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Malakoff had some good looking athletes,  have some of those kids moved in or is this just a good run of talent?  I don’t see Malakoff having that much talent year in and year out.

They have always had talented kids but never a coach like driskel to pull them together.

4 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Malakoff had some good looking athletes,  have some of those kids moved in or is this just a good run of talent?  I don’t see Malakoff having that much talent year in and year out.

Our 2016 team was more physically talented than this team overall.   Almost all of those kids have been here since Kindergarten. So yes we have a run of good athletes.  But as 99 said there have been good athletes here for a while. 

On 12/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, player73 said:

I definitely saw potential to be really impressive, and like I said, maybe the rest of the season he looked better. I was more impressed with Zach Smith. Maybe Jensch (?) will be that good by the time he's a senior.

As for POTG trophies - Just means he was better than anyone else on the team. Again, like I said, I thought Offensive POTG could've gone to Golden. On D, I didn't really see him do anything that impressive either, honestly. I know that one play he was out of position and gave up a long YAC pass.

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I definitely saw potential to be really impressive, and like I said, maybe the rest of the season he looked better. I was more impressed with Zach Smith. Maybe Jensch (?) will be that good by the time he's a senior.

As for POTG trophies - Just means he was better than anyone else on the team. Again, like I said, I thought Offensive POTG could've gone to Golden. On D, I didn't really see him do anything that impressive either, honestly. I know that one play he was out of position and gave up a long YAC pass.

He would’ve started both ways at Yoe. 

11 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

The gv qb went 200-249 passing before the state game..... Those are crazy good numbers in 15 games

11 hours ago, KellyLeak said:

Not according to Didntwinin88tillRhoadescameYoePride. To him, he was just another small town QB. 

The kid can play.  He definitely could have went both ways for the Yoemen.

He would of been a difference maker on allot of teams.  Grandview better give his dad a raise or some high school will snatch him up for their HC/AD job.  It would be heck of a package deal.  Congrats to the Zebras on their first state title.