🏆 Mart (14-1) vs. Gruver (14-1), Class 2A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Bonecrushr

Mart vs Gruver  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 2A Div II State Finals?

• Mart Panthers
    • Gruver Greyhounds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2018 at 01:00 AM

14 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

I'm not serious. I do feel people are not giving Gruver a fair shake here. I just finished some research on both teams. Mart had a very weak schedule. My mom lives in one of the towns in their district. One notable game was against Franklin, and they lost 21-0. Another was Muenster, and they had a pretty weak schedule as well. Gruver has put up nearly 800 points on offense and only allowed a little over 200! Not too shabby. Mart has put up a lot of points as well, but against a lot of weak teams. I see this as being a good game. I like Gruver in this one, and I'm pretty descent with picks. Just some food for thought. Now, let me have it! 😓😓😓 I have no idea what kind of smiley face that is. ☺️

In response....of 20 teams that are playing for the Championships....Mart and North Shore had the toughest strength of schedules at 119-61...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

I'm not serious. I do feel people are not giving Gruver a fair shake here. I just finished some research on both teams. Mart had a very weak schedule. My mom lives in one of the towns in their district. One notable game was against Franklin, and they lost 21-0. Another was Muenster, and they had a pretty weak schedule as well. Gruver has put up nearly 800 points on offense and only allowed a little over 200! Not too shabby. Mart has put up a lot of points as well, but against a lot of weak teams. I see this as being a good game. I like Gruver in this one, and I'm pretty descent with picks. Just some food for thought. Now, let me have it! 😓😓😓 I have no idea what kind of smiley face that is. ☺️

Marts strength of schedule was better then gurvers.... I dont know how you can say mart had a weaker schedule... Other then Franklin mart played riesel who went 3 rounds in 2ad1 refugio that went 4 rounds in 2ad1 grapeland, munster, falls city... They played some pretty good teams....

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I think you're going to be surprised when you see Mart take the field.  They are probably the biggest 2AD2 team I've ever seen and they aren't chubby/fat, they are freakin' huge and athletic.  I've watched a lot of 2A football and haven't seen a team with the overall athletes Mart has.  I'll be surprised if Gruver can stay within 3-4 TDs.

• Like 1

Weak schedule? NO.  Weak district? Yes.

Every team on Mart's non-district schedule went 2 or more rounds into playoffs (Bosqueville 2, Holland 2, Franklin 2, Riesel 3, Refugio 4).  Not exactly cupcake teams.  Then in post season Grapeland, Muenster, Falls City.  Again, no cupcakes there.

A blanket statement that Mart played a flat-out weak schedule is pretty far off.  Maybe a relative term would have been better.  As in "Mart has played a weaker schedule than Gruver," and that's probably up for debate depending on who you talk to, but wouldn't ruffle feathers nearly as much.  I personally don't know much about the teams on Gruver's schedule so not saying who had it tougher, but Mart def did not have a weak schedule.

Anyhoo, this will all get sorted out in 7 1/2 hours.  

Get #7 Panthers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

This game may be closer than we thought 

Just heard that Marts starting  Qb who was the backup  originally had a heart attack at practice yesterday and is out 

Prayers for this young man 

It was marts 3rd string qb that had the heart attack but thank god that the coaches started to work on him right away

4 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

This game may be closer than we thought 

Just heard that Marts starting  Qb who was the backup  originally had a heart attack at practice yesterday and is out 

Prayers for this young man 

Dang, hate to hear this.

Prayers from Center for him and his family

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

What the heck?  Are you serious?  Hate to hear that for the young man and his family.  Hoping he's okay.

Yes he collapsed on the field and the coaches started cpr on him till the ems arrived... He will be on the sideline but he will have a heart monitor on him... He is not out of the woods yet

Mart is an outstanding team and they have hardware to proof it. Prayers go out for the young man no matter what team he is playing for.I'm going with the underdog

Gruver by 7 . I'm going to grab me a dq burger and kick back front of the TV here shortly.

14 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Mart is an outstanding team and they have hardware to proof it. Prayers go out for the young man no matter what team he is playing for.I'm going with the underdog

Gruver by 7 . I'm going to grab me a DQ BURGER and kick back front of the TV here shortly.

Whataburger patty melt with grilled jalapenos sounds better, JMHO

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Bout to be at the stadium does gruver have a chance?

There's always a chance.  Hard to know what kind of impact Mart's team will encounter with the loss of the QB to the medical emergency earlier this week. That could draw them so close as a team that they go animal style on Gruver?  Who knows.  Guess we'll see soon.