State Championship Games at Jerryworld

powerlifter

If the UIL is going to dictate that all games are played in the same venue, then AT&T is far and away the best location.  I like all the monitors everywhere, so if you have to go blead your lizard you can still see the game to and from your seat .... the food at AT&T is also far better than NRG ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

I would like a rotation yes....but only AT&T and the Alamodome...Houston is too far off the I-35 corridor which is the most centrally located in regards to the major population centers....

AT&T is by far the best facility, from the amenities, to the staff that works there, locker room set up, to the way the teams are treated...its a unique and fun experience..

UIL I believe gets a 15% of the cut off playoff gates...I am sure that goes towards general operating costs of the UIL....

• Like 2

The atmosphere is terrible at AT&T (even for Cowboys games)

The huge screen that fans strain their neck to watch the whole time, the echos from the sound system (not as bad as the Star though... had a huge headache after going to a game there)

But otherwise, no weather hazards and all games can be on TV

Will copy/paste this each year when this topic returns. 

I agree that I wish coaches could decide where to play....

However.... since Jerry World opened, we have to admit that most state games involving a school in north Texas would select AT&T anyway. 

Texas Stadium had many state championships and it was a dump. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

Dallas by far better than Houston,Dallas more centralized

also I like that every stae game be televised and under roof

due to weather,evens the playing field

I live in the Houston area and believe me, Jerry's place is 10 times better. 

Better food, better close hotel accommodations, better side of town, better parking, cleaner.....the list goes on

Could be wrong here, but it seems the schools that play in it are closer to Dallas than Houston.   through Dallas,

Amarillo to Houston is appx. 8 Hours through Dallas.

Lubbock to Dallas is 5 hours.

Lubbock to Houston is 8 hours.

Brownsville to Dallas is 100 miles shorter than the panhandle trip to Houston.

Austin to Dallas is 3 1/2 hours.

Austin to Houston is 3 hours.

I would say Dallas appears to make more sense when you look at the entire state driving in. You never have to worry about a neutral site not being big enough to handle the crowds. I wonder how much the UIL makes having these games at ATT.

• Coach Rab changed the title to do you agree with the UIL by them playing all final games at jerrys world
23 hours ago, powerlifter said:

I can see most like jerry world  to go play  if that's what you like go for it smiles I have been once  had to stay over night the trip broke me put out a lot of money and faced bad weather going up scary driving in rain in Dallas traffic I wish all who is going to have a safe travel up and back hope your team winds

I take it that you do not leave East Texas that much. Thank you for the laugh though. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, Nacwagons said:

Could be wrong here, but it seems the schools that play in it are closer to Dallas than Houston.   through Dallas,

Amarillo to Houston is appx. 8 Hours through Dallas.

Lubbock to Dallas is 5 hours.

Lubbock to Houston is 8 hours.

Brownsville to Dallas is 100 miles shorter than the panhandle trip to Houston.

Austin to Dallas is 3 1/2 hours.

Austin to Houston is 3 hours.

I would say Dallas appears to make more sense when you look at the entire state driving in. You never have to worry about a neutral site not being big enough to handle the crowds. I wonder how much the UIL makes having these games at ATT.

And it's not not just the seating capacity for the fans.  It is the locker room capacity, the team that is playing has a locker room, the team that plays next also has a locker room, etc.  This place was designed for this and the pull it off without a hitch.

I like it. Having a central location for all the championship games is great for hsfb imo. I do find that huge video board at AT&T to be distracting but overall it is a premier facility. If you took a vote of all the kids playing in the title game I bet 90% of them would choose to play at JerryWorld over NRG or the Alamodome. Also, when it was held in Houston a couple years ago attendance declined by something like 93,000 from the year before.

I don't like that lower classification games have to be played on Wed/Thu/early Fri, and those teams have to miss class/get a shorter week to prep FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game, and less of their fans get to go support their teams and enjoy the experience because they can't afford to miss work. Not fair at all.

The most important fact of all of this is that you know when and where to plan your trip each year (except that one).  

I wouldn’t care if the games were all played in Lubbock...  there is no confusion when it’s a set location.  

Marshall vs HP in Tyler was a joke.  There have been other bad venues, but play them all in 1 spot!  AT&T, whether you like it or not, is a dream location for the 90+% of the kids, fans and coaches in Texas.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the high prices at the concession stand should have an advantage.

people in front of you not getting up to go to the concession stand (fewer trips)

notice some people seem to wait until the QB starts calling out signals to get up.

have more interest in going to concession stand than the game ( 2 or 3 trips a game) 

No consideration

If you have to get up time your departure until it will be less disturbance to the people behind.

• Mr. P changed the title to State Championship Games at Jerryworld