State Championship Attendance

Mavchamp

1 minute ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I can't remember...I did find this though...maybe it wasn't a single game site...IDK...I just know we Texans are crazy for some football.

http://www.pngindians.com/football/texas-high-school-football-all-time-highest-attendance/

I am an Indian fan so I have been a part of these crowds including the single site game record in 1977 even though I was only 4 years old. LOL. 

6 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Thats top-5 now, sounded like more than that the whole game, next game might break the record. 

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Single game attendance record.....teams playing......and year???

This is what prompted my response.  I was thinking more along with MBG but Regal may have been thinking something like the 1977 Plano vs. PNG game.  Take it as you wish.

8 hours ago, HGWar6 said:

Okay.  Here is what I found on LoneStar Gridiron:

image.png

The coolest thing I take from this is the fact that in 1945 and 1946 the attendance at those games was 45k and 38k respectively...I can't imagine driving from Odessa to Austin in 1946, the Waco/HP game 1945 at the Cotton Bowl wouldn't have been a horrible drive I guess. 

Can you imagine how full AT&T would have been if the games weren't televised yesterday?  I bet it would have sold out.

17 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

The coolest thing I take from this is the fact that in 1945 and 1946 the attendance at those games was 45k and 38k respectively...I can't imagine driving from Odessa to Austin in 1946, the Waco/HP game 1945 at the Cotton Bowl wouldn't have been a horrible drive I guess. 

Can you imagine how full AT&T would have been if the games weren't televised yesterday?  I bet it would have sold out.

True

1 hour ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Don’t give them any ideas! Lol

On 12/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, Mavchamp said:

108,529 through three days.

If each of the three games on Saturday bring in 30,000 at minimum that will put them right at the 200,000 mark.  I would guess it will land somewhere around 210,000.   

But still well short of the record.

245,913 in 2016
260,654 in 2014

Had 162,291 the year it was in Houston.

That why it was moved back to the palace at At&t. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, DOB said:

bowls.jpg

Even more impressive imo considering one team came from East Texas and another came from Beaumont for the D2 game. Wasn’t a short trip for either side, granted we play in DFW most weeks now but still.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:16 AM, HGWar6 said:

Okay.  Here is what I found on LoneStar Gridiron:

image.png

Look at how many times Allen is on that list... for such a big metro Residential area, football sucks that entire community in.

In the Same General Venue category:  About a week later, the First Responder Bowl in Dallas drew about 16,000 (almost 12,000 paid admissions).

It, of course, was eventually called off ... Not sure if the City of Dallas was refunded the $300,000 subsidy that it gave to support the bowl for the benefit of Dallasites.