Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

14 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I’ve got to eat my words on that one. I didn’t think Buchele would leave but I am happy he is going to get a chance to play. 

He's still getting a degree from Texas (graduates in May), so I'm really not surprised. While I don't personally think he's full time starting quality at an elite D1 program, I do think he has the talent to play, and I think he definitely wants to. He'll likely win the starting job at SMU. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

TFB is saying Christian Jones is going to start out as the starting right tackle.  Here's hoping for a Cosmi-like jump from him.

He's a big dude. He's put on 20lbs since he arrived on campus; up to 305. 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

TFB is saying Christian Jones is going to start out as the starting right tackle.  Here's hoping for a Cosmi-like jump from him.

If he is the starter after spring that is an amazing job by Hand and great work put in by Jones over his RS year. He was playing DL in high school.

Texas is having their first jr day this weekend. Should be well attended by some solid recruits. It’ll be interesting to see if any of the 2020s from the earlier elite day comes back this weekend. 

Also 5* Cali RB Kendal Milton will be visiting next weekend. Texas needs a good visit if they want to get into his recruitment, it seems like they are behind early in this one. 

40 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas is having their first jr day this weekend. Should be well attended by some solid recruits. It’ll be interesting to see if any of the 2020s from the earlier elite day comes back this weekend. 

Also 5* Cali RB Kendal Milton will be visiting next weekend. Texas needs a good visit if they want to get into his recruitment, it seems like they are behind early in this one. 

5* LB Justin Flowe, 5* WR Johnny Wilson, and 4* CB Clark Phillips from California are set to visit next month.  Bru and Floyd coming to Texas has opened eyes for recruits out west.

• Like 1