Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

How's this class looking to finish?  Collins and Dixon?  Some sites think Texas can get Princely back.  Not sure what else.  Probably wont be a top 5 class with not taking as many as others.

Herman said they will look at the portal for transfers and grad transfers

19 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Herman just needs to treat every game like a meaningless bowl game then he will be set.

I know you're joking, but Herman's MO at Texas has been to play down to bad teams and up to good teams. If they played every game the way they did last night or vs LSU, they'd be scary good

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 4:51 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

I know you're joking, but Herman's MO at Texas has been to play down to bad teams and up to good teams. If they played every game the way they did last night or vs LSU, they'd be scary good

Not just at Texas. Even at Houston, his teams were always prepared for the big games and not so much for the "wins" on the schedule. Hopefully Herman gives up full control to Yurcich completely, and he can do a better job of having the offense in the right mentality for EVERY game. IF, IF, IF (and I say that as big IFs) a Herman led team ever figures out how to approach every game with the same mentality (players and coaches, effort and scheme) he could put together a championship caliber season.

5 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

LT Cosmi

LG Angilau

C Kerstetter

RG ?

RT ?

Think Okafor will be one of the 2 open spots. Look to add another Grad Transfer.

Yes, I’d put Okafor at guard and have an open tryout for left tackle during the spring. 
Hookfin, Tyler Johnson, Christian Jones, and maybe Imade. 

27 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Sam Ehlinger has officially announced his decision to return for his SR season.

With this news after the bowl game, is it safe to stay they will start the season ranked somewhere around 5-6? 

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not sure that one really needed an announcement lol.

Twitter had me rolling, but I'll not derail this thread with smack talk...

I will say it's a class move for Ehlinger to be true to his school.  👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Twitter had me rolling, but I'll not derail this thread with smack talk...

I will say it's a class move for Ehlinger to be true to his school.  👍

I don’t think 1 more year will help ehlinger’s status as an nfl qb.  He is what he is already. His deficiencies haven’t been fixed in 3 years and he’s had stud WRs to bail him out on some bad throws.  Texas will return 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball and I still have them with a ceiling of 9-3

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think 1 more year will help ehlinger’s status as an nfl qb.  He is what he is already. His deficiencies haven’t been fixed in 3 years and he’s had stud WRs to bail him out on some bad throws.  Texas will return 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball and I still have them with a ceiling of 9-3

His new OC/QB coach has done pretty well with 1 year QBs. I wouldn’t be shocked if Ehlinger made a big jump in the passing game this season.