Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

I too am a little (lil) worried about Lil Jordan Humphrey's decision, because I think if he was coming back he would have made his "I'll be back" when Collin Johnson announced or near it so the whole Longhorn nation would have celebrated or exhaled!

I think like most kids, he hates to let people down and take the wrath of idiots so he's going to put it off as long as he can. 

I was also 1 game off of my overall record prediction. 

Texas:

@ Maryland - W

Tulsa - W

USC - W

TCU - L

@ Kansas State - W

OU - W

Baylor - W

@ Oklahoma State - W

West Virginia - L

@ Texas Tech - W

Iowa State - W

@ Kansas - W

10-2

• Like 1

I'm seeing stuff on twitter than Kingsbury has interviewed with NFL teams which would mean he had to have resigned since USC was blocking him.  What a mess.  Should help Texas still be able to cherry pick some guys from California and Arizona.  

44 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm seeing stuff on twitter than Kingsbury has interviewed with NFL teams which would mean he had to have resigned since USC was blocking him.  What a mess.  Should help Texas still be able to cherry pick some guys from California and Arizona.  

If it were me, I would stay in sunny southern California, make a few mil, bring USC back to national prominence, and go from there. Lubbock to LA is a huge upgrade. I don't think he would succeed in the NFL as a HC.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I was also 1 game off of my overall record prediction. 

Texas:

@ Maryland - W

Tulsa - W

USC - W

TCU - L

@ Kansas State - W

OU - W

Baylor - W

@ Oklahoma State - W

West Virginia - L

@ Texas Tech - W

Iowa State - W

@ Kansas - W

10-2

I can't find my prediction but I am sure I made it about the same time as you guys... If you guys have a faster way of finding it please post it and @ sign me so I can see it :D  

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I can't find my prediction but I am sure I made it about the same time as you guys... If you guys have a faster way of finding it please post it and @ sign me so I can see it :D  

I made my prediction is the 2018 season prediction thread. He did his in the 2018 Texas thread. You must have put yours elsewhere as well because I just scrolled through the 7 pages of the season prediction thread and didn't see them.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Some Texas sites are saying expect David Beaty to be added to the coaching staff soon.

No idea who he replaces, but hope it's Warehime or Mehringer.

Could be Meekins also

If Beaty is hired, he should help with recruiting in the DFW area

Edited by thegreatbambino

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Could be Meekins also

If Beaty is hired, he should help with recruiting in the DFW area

Meekins is a pretty solid recruiter much better than Warehime. I prefer to replace him or Mehringer, I’d also like to see another defensive coach hired. 

27 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Meekins is a pretty solid recruiter much better than Warehime. I prefer to replace him or Mehringer, I’d also like to see another defensive coach hired. 

I read that it would most likely be Warehime. Plus Mehringer has been rumored to want to go back closer to where he is from.

Also Temple could pick up talks with Orlando again about the head job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas finishes #9 in the AP poll. Great second year for Herman and the Horns. 

Time to wrap up the 2019 recruiting class and get started on jr days for the 2020 class! 

Spring practices will be right around the corner. 

How is Georgia still ahead of Texas? Go figure.

20 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

DB Brandon Jones is the only one left to decide if he'll stay or go pro.

I just don't think Jones showed enough this year to pick the NFL.  Deshon Elliot was ranked much higher than Jones, and he didn't go until the 6th round (pick 190).

46 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Lil' Jordan Humphrey has declared for the NFL draft. Will not be back for his Sr. season. Had a feeling this was coming. 

I think he made the right call to leave early. Really hope he goes to a team with a good offensive minded HC.