Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

After reading Andy's article, I totally agree. I know Chad and Jeff and know they can and will change the Arkansas landscape. Bret had wrecked Arkansas and was comfortable losing. He was happy cashing checks, smiling, shaking hands, making babies, and eating at the local buffets apparently. Apathy is death to any program. My first college head coaching job, I walked into a university where not a single program had EVER had a winning team except the women's basketball team (twice, two seasons 25 years prior). They had lost track of how to recruit and had begun to accept being the cellar dweller in every sport. In my interview with the AD, I said, "Athletics is the best or worst advertisement your school will ever have...and your school has the worst advertisement in America. If you're not interested in trying to win and you're just trying to provide an activity for your kids, you have intramurals...and you don't have to put those results in the paper. If you aren't trying to win, I'm not your guy...I'm a winner." He responded that he couldn't believe that someone would say that in an interview, but that fire was exactly what their athletic program needed and was missing and he hadn't seen it since he left old school...he hired me that day. Apathy kills...later a basketball assistant at the school during that first year told me he didn't understand why I was wasting my time, working so hard recruiting top ranked, high star players "because they would never come to our school"...we got chest to chest and I told him pretty loudly he needed to  "$%&*$#% resign and stop cashing checks if that's his thought process" that he was part of the cancer. If you speak it that you're going to change it and work harder than the next guy and go to those guys and get them to buy in that they can "come in and be school hall of famers" and "be the guys that change it" and win the conference championship..."be the guys that are remembered forever"...some players don't want to work hard enough, they want the easy route and want to just go to a Alabama or Georgia, others take the challenge and have the chip on their shoulder, have the fire and say "#&$% yes, I want it...I want to do it with you coach!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

After reading Andy's article, I totally agree. I know Chad and Jeff and know they can and will change the Arkansas landscape. Bret had wrecked Arkansas and was comfortable losing. He was happy cashing checks, smiling, shaking hands, making babies, and eating at the local buffets apparently. Apathy is death to any program. My first college head coaching job, I walked into a university where not a single program had EVER had a winning team except the women's basketball team (twice, two seasons 25 years prior). They had lost track of how to recruit and had begun to accept being the cellar dweller in every sport. In my interview with the AD, I said, "Athletics is the best or worst advertisement your school will ever have...and your school has the worst advertisement in America. If you're not interested in trying to win and you're just trying to provide an activity for your kids, you have intramurals...and you don't have to put those results in the paper. If you aren't trying to win, I'm not your guy...I'm a winner." He responded that he couldn't believe that someone would say that in an interview, but that fire was exactly what their athletic program needed and was missing and he hadn't seen it since he left old school...he hired me that day. Apathy kills...later a basketball assistant at the school during that first year told me he didn't understand why I was wasting my time, working so hard recruiting top ranked, high star players "because they would never come to our school"...we got chest to chest and I told him pretty loudly he needed to  "$%&*$#% resign and stop cashing checks if that's his thought process" that he was part of the cancer. If you speak it that you're going to change it and work harder than the next guy and go to those guys and get them to buy in that they can "come in and be school hall of famers" and "be the guys that change it" and win the conference championship..."be the guys that are remembered forever"...some players don't want to work hard enough, they want the easy route and want to just go to a Alabama or Georgia, others take the challenge and have the chip on their shoulder, have the fire and say "#&$% yes, I want it...I want to do it with you coach!"

That my friend is the best post ever!!!!

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think Bret knew after a couple of years he had bitten off more than he could chew ( yea fat joke) and just tried to hang on as long as he could. he couldn't out coach anyone outside of the state of Mississippi and he barely could recruit anyone south of the mason dixon line. I liked Bret but realized at his very best he might get arkansas  8 wins and thats not going to cut it.

This season on the field has been an embarrassment and yes some of that does fall on the coaches even though they've only been there a year.  Morris and the other coaches have shocked me how well they are recruiting. I love seeing the kids from East Texas being recruited up there and feel like that has been missing for several years now. i think ark has the talent to compete in a couple years i just hope the coaches have the right plays to match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

did you see that Cole Kelley is going to transfer at Christmas? ha...welcome to D3 bro!!! or you be moving TE somewhere...

Maybe UL-lafayette. I like the steamboat and was kinda hoping he'd stay and move to TE. 

A person close to #Clemson QB transfer Kelly Bryant just told @247Sports that Kelly will not be announcing his decision until 7 p.m. Tuesday. Wants to be sure he's making the right decision, so he's giving it a little more time. #Auburn #Mizzou #HailState #Arkansas #UNC https://t.co/4fl63oJE0P

Oh no

21 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Bryant to mizzou smh

that seemed like a poor fit...I never saw him as having "that amazing" of a sling it around arm. If he had come to Arkansas, I think he possibly would have set another QB back. hopefully they will get that 4-star from Mississippi and some other studs...I'm also still hoping John Stephen Jones from Highland Park HS (Dallas, TX) gets some more time to throw it around. 

29 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

that seemed like a poor fit...I never saw him as having "that amazing" of a sling it around arm. If he had come to Arkansas, I think he possibly would have set another QB back. hopefully they will get that 4-star from Mississippi and some other studs...I'm also still hoping John Stephen Jones from Highland Park HS (Dallas, TX) gets some more time to throw it around. 

I think Jefferson is a done deal just wish he could early enroll for the spring. looked like a few juco transfers will be making visits this weekend mostly o-linemen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Hogs land Myron Cunningham: 6'6, 300 LB Offensive Tackle from Iowa Western C.C. Get to https://t.co/67W11WJDxI to get more from @PigTrailNation recruiting insider @OtisKirk23

if you're a juco o-lineman and want to play immediately choose Arkansas. 

Also saw where some people were talking about Texas Qb Buechele possibly transferring. obviously, haven't seen him play in a little while but what I remember he was pretty good. think it would be a good pick up if Arkansas could land him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Hogs land Myron Cunningham: 6'6, 300 LB Offensive Tackle from Iowa Western C.C. Get to https://t.co/67W11WJDxI to get more from @PigTrailNation recruiting insider @OtisKirk23

16 hours ago, txk85 said:

if you're a juco o-lineman and want to play immediately choose Arkansas. 

Also saw where some people were talking about Texas Qb Buechele possibly transferring. obviously, haven't seen him play in a little while but what I remember he was pretty good. think it would be a good pick up if Arkansas could land him. 

Arkansas's accent is going to hinge on getting as many plug and play Offensive Lineman as possible.

If Shane Buechele is going to be a Grad Transfer then he would be a dramatic upgrade from anything already on the roster and an excellent bridge to Jefferson.

• Like 1