Grandview HC

Guest Tiger03lb

15 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Am I the only one who finds this interesting? No one wants to even postulate that he may sit out a season or two and end up somewhere else? I just think it's a tad eyebrow-raising that he drops out with such a high amount of experienced talent returning...

May just want to finish on top of the world. He will never be higher than he is right now unless he was able to repeat

On 1/10/2019 at 6:52 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

May just want to finish on top of the world. He will never be higher than he is right now unless he was able to repeat

From what I read, Grandview's returning almost their entire starting lineup, including that stud QB. And Davis is young... Just saying, it's eyebrow-raising.

Yoe, he has been coaching for 35 years and I think he just wants to hang it up and enjoy his TRS pension. I don't know how old he is but guess around 57 or so. 

I do know the defensive coach Ebner is a favorite for HC job and they won't miss a beat next year. West will be a big game as both teams had 19 all-districk

selections each. I think they play Malakoff and that is another very tough game.

28 minutes ago, hornsandowls said:

Yoe, he has been coaching for 35 years and I think he just wants to hang it up and enjoy his TRS pension. I don't know how old he is but guess around 57 or so. 

I do know the defensive coach Ebner is a favorite for HC job and they won't miss a beat next year. West will be a big game as both teams had 19 all-districk

selections each. I think they play Malakoff and that is another very tough game.

West will have to step up big next year if they want to compete. They are losing around 17 seniors.

Guest Tiger03lb
On 1/11/2019 at 4:05 PM, hornsandowls said:

Tigers at home this time is going to be tough. 20-1 the last 21 games at tiger stadium, plus the lost at the SC will have a chip on our shoulders. Can't wait to see it. 

Nothing weird here...Davis has been around a long time....he still had a home in Lubbock and his kids are in that area....what better time to retire than on top?  As someone said Grandview's pay isn't great and he's probably going to make more money retired than working since TRS is based off the average of your 3 highest paid years...

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Nothing weird here...Davis has been around a long time....he still had a home in Lubbock and his kids are in that area....what better time to retire than on top?  As someone said Grandview's pay isn't great and he's probably going to make more money retired than working since TRS is based off the average of your 3 highest paid years...

Spot on Matt. The word was the DC would get the job ????

Guest Tiger03lb
On 1/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, hornsandowls said:

Tiger 03 what is the date of that game? I

msy have to come up there for it

I don't know. It'll be week 4/5 when we play them. So sometime in September. 

On 1/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, MattStepp said:

I bet he shows up in a year or two with another gig out in West Texas

• Like 1

I don’t see the family going anywhere. I think they are pretty much staying put until their youngest graduates. Their youngest boy is really good! I honestly believe they’re happy where they’re at. Coach Jentsch has already experienced and accomplished more than he could have  ever asked for. Anything can happen though.