Jump to content

Ore City AD/HFC


ChynaStopper
 Share

Recommended Posts

Kerry Strong once hit a three-pointer...  during the tip-off.

Kerry Strong averages a triple-double per game...  in H-O-R-S-E. 

Kerry Strong can post-up Shaq from the three-point line. 

The entire court is "inside the paint" for Kerry Strong. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Kerry Strong once hit a three-pointer...  during the tip-off.

Kerry Strong averages a triple-double per game...  in H-O-R-S-E. 

Kerry Strong can post-up Shaq from the three-point line. 

The entire court is "inside the paint" for Kerry Strong. 

But, can he hold Ricky Garza???  😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, justafan said:

Derek Simmons I heard is interested ? 

8 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

He was there before but, he has done well since he left.  He has been fairly successful in Linden and Jefferson since then. 

 

Per Smoaky.com historical section, his HC records during his previous stint at Ore City...

2004 1-9-0 
2005 2-6-0 
2006 1-9-0 
2007 1-9-0 

Per the texashighschoolfootballhistory.com website, in 9 years as a HC at Ore City, Jefferson, and Linden-Kildare, he has an overall HC record of 34-57. 

Sorry, I'll pass!! 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is Ore City looking for?

Do they want a successful Head Coach to up and leave his currently successful job and take on the challenge of Ore City?

Do they want an innovative offensive mind to come in a score a lot of points and hopefully turn it around?

Do they want a tough minded defensive coach to come in and make then a DEFENSIVE team?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm not throwing shade at all here, but OC has had 4 maybe 5 winning seasons in the last 25 years since Jerry Blankenship was HFC?

Just curious what the expectations are here in attracting a "different" HFC.

Since my Sr. year there in 1988 (30yrs), the Rebels have had 8 winning seasons. And that includes afew years ago when they dropped down to 2AD1 and had some success (double-digit wins) for a couple of seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm not throwing shade at all here, but OC has had 4 maybe 5 winning seasons in the last 25 years since Jerry Blankenship was HFC?

Just curious what the expectations are here in attracting a "different" HFC.

I’ve actually seen OC play twice. The first was in ‘07 vs. a Joaquin team that went 10-3 and was eliminated in regional finals by eventual state champ Alto. The game was over by the end of the first quarter. Joaquin’s two starting WBs (we were in the heyday of the double wing years) were NEVER tackled. They both scored every time they touched the football. The OC kids had the look of a group that wanted nothing to do with football. The second time was this past September, in week 2. It took Joaquin till mid-second quarter to blow it open, in a game we won 56-0. The common denominator in the two OC teams, 11 years apart and under different head coaches, was a complete lack of physicality and toughness. Both teams appeared to have a couple of athletes that seemed like they should match up well with the best we had. The difference was in the “other kids”, or the ones who rarely get their name called but are the backbone of a good football team. OC’s kids in the trenches were severely lacking, and it wasn’t because they were matched up with a bunch of future SEC linemen. Joaquin’s linemen are average sized on a good day. They were just better prepared. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ve actually seen OC play twice. The first was in ‘07 vs. a Joaquin team that went 10-3 and was eliminated in regional finals by eventual state champ Alto. The game was over by the end of the first quarter. Joaquin’s two starting WBs (we were in the heyday of the double wing years) were NEVER tackled. They both scored every time they touched the football. The OC kids had the look of a group that wanted nothing to do with football. The second time was this past September, in week 2. It took Joaquin till mid-second quarter to blow it open, in a game we won 56-0. The common denominator in the two OC teams, 11 years apart and under different head coaches, was a complete lack of physicality and toughness. Both teams appeared to have a couple of athletes that seemed like they should match up well with the best we had. The difference was in the “other kids”, or the ones who rarely get their name called but are the backbone of a good football team. OC’s kids in the trenches were severely lacking, and it wasn’t because they were matched up with a bunch of future SEC linemen. Joaquin’s linemen are average sized on a good day. They were just better prepared. 

Completely disagree!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ve actually seen OC play twice. The first was in ‘07 vs. a Joaquin team that went 10-3 and was eliminated in regional finals by eventual state champ Alto. The game was over by the end of the first quarter. Joaquin’s two starting WBs (we were in the heyday of the double wing years) were NEVER tackled. They both scored every time they touched the football. The OC kids had the look of a group that wanted nothing to do with football. The second time was this past September, in week 2. It took Joaquin till mid-second quarter to blow it open, in a game we won 56-0. The common denominator in the two OC teams, 11 years apart and under different head coaches, was a complete lack of physicality and toughness. Both teams appeared to have a couple of athletes that seemed like they should match up well with the best we had. The difference was in the “other kids”, or the ones who rarely get their name called but are the backbone of a good football team. OC’s kids in the trenches were severely lacking, and it wasn’t because they were matched up with a bunch of future SEC linemen. Joaquin’s linemen are average sized on a good day. They were just better prepared. 

I can see that. Attitude in OC has been a problem over the years. OC has had good, great, & stud players over the years. But only 1-2 at a time frame it seems. The "surrounding" team players were lacking. I place alot of that "attitude" on poor coaching. (And in OC, poor parenting also). And this coming from someone who is a previous Rebel player back in the day, and grew up there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

I can see that. Attitude in OC has been a problem over the years. OC has had good, great, & stud players over the years. But only 1-2 at a time frame it seems. The "surrounding" team players were lacking. I place alot of that "attitude" on poor coaching. (And in OC, poor parenting also). And this coming from someone who is a previous Rebel player back in the day, and grew up there. 

I remember they had them Jimmersons,Royals and Holland’s back in the day 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...