Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

You would think pg would seek out teams like Kilgore or Springhill and play them in the pre district to see how they need to adjust for the playoffs since they obviously never get tested in district play. A nice winning record looks good on paper but is useless come playoff time.

35 minutes ago, Tiger10 said:

Very true statement I agree. My opinion is pg is untested and cannot hit quality d1 caliber pitching that became obvious last year against argyle and is still holds true this year. They will have a cakewalk through the playoffs unless they face a d1 pitcher in a 1 game series. 

PG untested? What about Canton??? They are undefeated so I’ll assume they have played no one 

Okay, just looking at the stats and not strength of schedule:

PG has outscored opponents 192-41 this year in 25 games. (7.68 per game v. 1.64)

17 of those 41 runs were in the losses.  Two games were lost by 2 runs, One game by 1, & the final game by 5.

In district, they outscored opponents 80-3.  (8 per game v.  0.3)

Based upon stats alone, PG hits & pitches very well.  Even if the schedule strength isn't great, they have still averaged a 7-8 run differential throughout the season.  I would say that is pretty strong.

Absolutely. I'm not a pg hater, they are a great team with a lot of depth and playoff experience.  Their pitching is good, not great, but reliable, but they don't have the d1 commit ace like Argyle and others and that's the difference between a great team and a state championship team. Of course you have to be good on defense but that should be a given for a team in the playoffs.

I stand by my statement that pg does not seek out and play top tier teams during the season and would rather have a nice shiny record in a very week district. They will not win a 1 game series against a d1 committed pitcher they are not prepared for that.

13 hours ago, sportsguy24 said:

Ummmm...Bullard has two D-1 arms I believe. If those two met up I do not think pitching would be the difference. They went 3 games last year and were all close games. Two of them decided by 1 run I think.

Ummmmm...PG beat those same 2 D-1 arms last year with the same arms on the mound this year.   PG will scratch out a run and Bullard will not score.  LOL.  

13 hours ago, Tiger10 said:

My apologies,  so they played Canton this year? I must have missed reading about that sorry.

They played Carthage Twice won one lost one and played Benton LA and lost 6-2.  I think they have played a pretty dang good non-district schedule.

My gosh! For anyone to think PG isn't for real in the playoffs doesn't know baseball. Fincher is probably the best coach in ET. I promise you they will put Hampton in play if the Kilgore picks the chicken way out. Most disciplined team I've ever seen. Way more than Argyle he just doesn't have 12 D1's at his disposal.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

My gosh! For anyone to think PG isn't for real in the playoffs doesn't know baseball. Fincher is probably the best coach in ET. I promise you they will put Hampton in play if the Kilgore picks the chicken way out. Most disciplined team I've ever seen. Way more than Argyle he just doesn't have 12 D1's at his disposal.

Nobody said PG wasn't any good or at least I didn't I was just saying I wouldn't be guaranteeing a win over a team when ya'll have never played them. It shouldn't matter how many games they played if PG is the better team then they should have no problem playing 1 game or a series.

3 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Nobody said PG wasn't any good or at least I didn't I was just saying I wouldn't be guaranteeing a win over a team when ya'll have never played them. It shouldn't matter how many games they played if PG is the better team then they should have no problem playing 1 game or a series.

Anyone would agree, a series is the best to determine the best team. Buy the way, welcome to a team that has been winning! Where have you been?

17 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Anyone would agree, a series is the best to determine the best team. Buy the way, welcome to a team that has been winning! Where have you been?

👏👏... congratulations on the success!! But me I don't live in the past I care about present day and I surely don't brag and ride my High school baseball accomplishments coat tails. All I will say is you better hope your team backs your comments up. 

• Stinks 1

5 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Very Serious!!  And you sure will..

This is hilarious!   Check my post on the last 10 years with PG baseball.   Argyle is the only team in the region that has matched up and that has been the regional final with the winner in Austin and Argyle is in 1 now.   I don’t see KILGORE anywhere in that mix.   Yes they are having a good year and congrats!   But until Kilgore knocks PG off, you shouldn’t have much to say.   If Kilgore knocks them off I will be stunned and glad to have a big bucket of crow.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

👏👏... congratulations on the success!! But me I don't live in the past I care about present day and I surely don't brag and ride my High school baseball accomplishments coat tails. All I will say is you better hope your team backs your comments up. 

I don’t remember the last time a PG baseball team hasn’t backed up all of the comments on this board.   Don’t think he is living in the past...just expecting tradition to keep rolling on.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevelopQB said:

This is hilarious!   Check my post on the last 10 years with PG baseball.   Argyle is the only team in the region that has matched up and that has been the regional final with the winner in Austin and Argyle is in 1 now.   I don’t see KILGORE anywhere in that mix.   Yes they are having a good year and congrats!   But until Kilgore knocks PG off, you shouldn’t have much to say.   If Kilgore knocks them off I will be stunned and glad to have a big bucket of crow.  

Well I'm gonna correct you Kilgore lost out to Argyle last yr in the Regional finals.