Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

There you go with that guaranteeing a win stuff. We shall see we shall see!!

Congrats to the Kilgore Bulldogs.  Never thought that would happen.  The throwing error was a killer but the dogs added another run late to secure the win.  The lefty (Galvan) did what expected and more just didn’t have help tonight.    Go ahead and get to Austin and bring it home!

Congrats Kilgore! What a series win over a excellent program. I'm starting to believe y'all will end up in Austin. Good luck!

On another note- Has anyone listened to the Carthage broadcast? There is a parent screaming in the background at the blues. I wonder if it's the same parent that got banned earlier in the year?

But good luck to Carthage and SH in their next series! ET is well represented in 4A.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IMO teams to make it to the semi's.

1-Argyle

2-Kilgore

3-Sweeny or Robinson   (Can't decide between these two) 

4-Liberty Hill

Definitely argyle. Maybe Kilgore but I think Sweeney could be hard to get past. 

Libery Hill I know very little about. That’s where I superintendent went. They seen strong but I haven’t looked at the numbers. 

Just now, 3lamp said:

Definitely argyle. Maybe Kilgore but I think Sweeney could be hard to get past. 

Libery Hill I know very little about. That’s where I superintendent went. They seen strong but I haven’t looked at the numbers. 

Oh heck I was thinking Kilgore was playing Sweeney. That’s Carthage   

I can agree with that  match up  

don’t count out SH yet. With the right break ......I’m rootin for them  

17 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Carthage has definitely played the tougher schedule.  We only allowed 3 hits to Lorena in two games!!!  Pitching and defense is what we are really good at.  Sweeny will have to hit our pitching and it has been tough all year for teams to hit us hard. They are without a doubt a great team and it should be a great series.  

Thursday 7:00 Sam Houston

Saturday 4:00 Lamar University 

game 3 30 minutes after if necessary.

Completely disagree. Don’t look at Sweeny’s district. It’s bad. Look at who they played in pre-district. Very few teams in Texas have played that tough of a schedule. 

51 minutes ago, Crow2254 said:

Completely disagree. Don’t look at Sweeny’s district. It’s bad. Look at who they played in pre-district. Very few teams in Texas have played that tough of a schedule. 

Bridge City

Benton La

Kilgore

Nederland

Kirbyville

Pleasant Grove

not sure you are looking at our schedule or not???? 

They lost to an all Sophomore Bridgeland Team. lost to a not very good SPC Episcopal.

So if you want to say it’s even I would agree but to say better not for sure about that.

• Stinks 1

58 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Bridge City

Benton La

Kilgore

Nederland

Kirbyville

Pleasant Grove

not sure you are looking at our schedule or not???? 

They lost to an all Sophomore Bridgeland Team. lost to a not very good SPC Episcopal.

So if you want to say it’s even I would agree but to say better not for sure about that.

Do you know who Episcopal is? “Not very good” lmao. 

Bridgeland is not all sophomore. They’re all juniors and were very good. Of course you wouldn’t know this but Sweeny didn’t pitch any of their normal starters in that game. In fact, they pitched a couple freshmen because it was late in a tournament. 

Nobody is saying Carthage hasn’t played a tough schedule. They clearly have. But to dismiss the 6A, 5A, and Big Private playoff teams that Sweeny played this year is silly. Not to mention that Sweeny played the first month of the season without Kiddy (UIW) and Martin (Rice). 

• Thanks 1

Sweeny pre district 

Foster (5A) 18-9

Sealy (4A) 23-10

Bellville (4A) 24-9

El Campo (4A) 23-10

Fulshear (4A) 27-4 

Angleton (5A) 22-7

La Porte (6A) 22-5

Dawson (6A) 18-10

Kingwood Park (6A) 19-12

Cy Falls (6A) 13-16

Bridgeland (6A) 17-12

Travis (6A) 25-9

Spring (6A) 15-9

Episcopal (SPC Finals) 

Kinkaid (SPC Champ) 31-2

You think that’s not a tough schedule?

• Thanks 1

Sweeny has lots of Senior retuners from a very successful team last year and are highly capable of winning the whole enchilada......end of that story.  Now......they are subject to losing just like any team left.......mostly all teams left are the cream that has risen.  

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle is Region 1 in baseball and Region 2 in football? That’s pretty strange. Is that right? Or are they R1 in football too?

Region 1 in both......until they move us again.  I'm not sure they will move us back to Region 2, though.  I think they like us being in Region 1.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Region 1 in both......until they move us again.  I'm not sure they will move us back to Region 2, though.  I think they like us being in Region 1.

No. Argyle is district 7 R2 in football.

But I just noticed their are other teams in different regions than football also.

Hell, Kilgore is R3 in FB. I just did not realize. I guess it’s just because of the no split in the other sports.

Regarding the baseball regions.......I wouldn't discount Iowa Park in Region 1 too quickly.  They've only lost 2 games all year long and have played a bunch of good teams......Argyle included.  Argyle beat them IN Argyle 9-2.......but that was not a series or a neutral site.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Regarding the baseball regions.......I wouldn't discount Iowa Park in Region 1 too quickly.  They've only lost 2 games all year long and have played a bunch of good teams......Argyle included.  Argyle beat them IN Argyle 9-2.......but that was not a series or a neutral site.

In fact.......at this point NO teams should be looking forward except to their matchup next week.  Argyle has to get past Canyon first.

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Kilgore and Melissa 3 gm series

Gm 1 and 2 Thursday @ Mike Carter in Tyler 

Gm 3 is Saturday if needed 

Awesome!! Surely Melissa lost a flip or something. Kilgore fans will outnumber Melissa 5-1, and Mike Carter has been good to Kilgore in the past. I know it’s one round at a time, but the potential for the 5th round matchup looming might bring as many fans as a Friday night football game.

21 hours ago, Crow2254 said:

Do you know who Episcopal is? “Not very good” lmao. 

Bridgeland is not all sophomore. They’re all juniors and were very good. Of course you wouldn’t know this but Sweeny didn’t pitch any of their normal starters in that game. In fact, they pitched a couple freshmen because it was late in a tournament. 

Nobody is saying Carthage hasn’t played a tough schedule. They clearly have. But to dismiss the 6A, 5A, and Big Private playoff teams that Sweeny played this year is silly. Not to mention that Sweeny played the first month of the season without Kiddy (UIW) and Martin (Rice). 

Yes I do.  And they have about 3 great players.   I didn’t say they (Sweeny) was bad.  I just know you can’t discount Carthage’s schedule.  I even said it will be tough to beat them.  We pitched none of our top three against BC,  pg, Kilgore, or Benton.  Against Kilgore we lost 5-2 and they threw Hampton.  PG threw Galvan, Benton threw Van Hoy, and BC threw Hamm.  So I would say we have seen great pitching.

• Stinks 1

16 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Yes I do.  And they have about 3 great players.   I didn’t say they (Sweeny) was bad.  I just know you can’t discount Carthage’s schedule.  I even said it will be tough to beat them.  We pitched none of our top three against BC,  pg, Kilgore, or Benton.  Against Kilgore we lost 5-2 and they threw Hampton.  PG threw Galvan, Benton threw Van Hoy, and BC threw Hamm.  So I would say we have seen great pitching.

Nobody said Carthage didn’t play a tough schedule. But your quote was “Carthage definitely played the tougher schedule.” That’s just not true. You’re touting BC...and yes, they were good....but Sweeny just swept them and they threw everyone they had....including Havard (their #1). 

Sweeny’s schedule was absolutely brutal. If you know anything at all about the Houston area 5A/6A teams, you’d know that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

How come Carthage never throws their top pitcher against good teams? So if they had thrown their top pitcher in their losses they would have won is that what I'm reading? 

• Like 3