Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

6 hours ago, Crow2254 said:

If Kilgore is better than Kingwood Park, La Porte, Pearland Dawson, Fort Bend Travis, etc...that will be impressive. Not saying they aren’t but....Sweeny has faced legitimate 5A/6A powerhouses over the last 2 years and won most of them. Not to mention basically identical Argyle team from last year when it was 0-0 in the 6th before the Eagles got something going and won the state championship. I’m looking forward to the game. Should be fun. 

Kilgore is better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I agree with Allsportsfan.  If I was Sweeny’s Coach I’d start the #2 vs Kilgore.

Good option to have huh. I think all the hitters from Kilgore are righties except for Martin. He may go right on right. Heck, who knows.

If anyone is going to the games don't miss out on eating at Franklin's BBQ. Fantastic! 

11 hours ago, Crow2254 said:

Can’t hit at all. I wouldn’t worry about them. 

bshahaha!!

But Kilgore hits much stronger and they are on fire 🔥 right now. If anything  hurts Kilgore it will be their pitching depth. It’s their weak spot. 

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Gotcha well it looked like Sweeny struggled against Carthage and almost lost if Carthage's pitcher didn't gift wrap that gm 3 win for ya'll is what I heard. Sweeny should have walked through that region then if you say they returned the team from last yr. Good deal its going to be a 5A/6A dragon slayer beating Sweeny team against well just a good Kilgore team.

Goodluck 

Maybe you’re taking what I said wrong. I have no doubt that Kilgore is a GREAT team. My comment regarding Sweeny’s schedule has to do with addressing the same old comments that people always say. “Sweeny hasn’t played anybody because their district ####.” Sweeny HAS to play the best in the Houston area simply because they get no competition in district. Kilgore will definitely be one of the best teams they’ve played.....as it should be...ITS THE STATE TOURNAMENT! I can’t wait! 

Battle of the Bulldogs.

Safe travels to everyone heading to Austin. 

Question?  I believe baseball to be a game decided by series' and that by playing a series the best team usually prevails.  Most of these teams have played in a series to get to austin.  I'm not wanting a mlb best of 7 type series to win the title but at least a best of 3. My question is why bother playing a series or 2 or 3 to get to austin and then once there,  it's all one-gamer's?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Question?  I believe baseball to be a game decided by series' and that by playing a series the best team usually prevails.  Most of these teams have played in a series to get to austin.  I'm not wanting a mlb best of 7 type series to win the title but at least a best of 3. My question is why bother playing a series or 2 or 3 to get to austin and then once there,  it's all one-gamer's?

Totally agree. The best way to do it would be to have a double elimination 4 team tournament. The max games you’d play would be 4 total if you have to fight thru the loser’s bracket to win a state championship. This would be much more interesting and keeps the feeling of a “series.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I've always wondered the same thing.

Good luck and may your bats swing freely tomorrow to both Sweeny and Kilgore.  I look for a very competitive game and have no idea whatsoever who will win this matchup.  Sweeny has excellent pitching and defense, and Kilgore has great hitting and defense.  But Sweeny has been known to be very offensive too!  In this kind of scenario(one-gamer), anything can happen.  One error or one timely hit could be the difference-maker.  The object is to score as many runs as possible.....end of story.  

At least one more run than your opponent.....LOL.

15 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Good luck and may your bats swing freely tomorrow to both Sweeny and Kilgore.  I look for a very competitive game and have no idea whatsoever who will win this matchup.  Sweeny has excellent pitching and defense, and Kilgore has great hitting and defense.  But Sweeny has been known to be very offensive too!  In this kind of scenario(one-gamer), anything can happen.  One error or one timely hit could be the difference-maker.  The object is to score as many runs as possible.....end of story.  

At least one more run than your opponent.....LOL.

Kilgore wins 5-2.

• Like 1

I've got Kilgore in a closer score.....4-3.  I believe Sweeny will give their very best effort and manufacture enough runs to give Kilgore all they can handle.  Kilgore will need to put the bat on the ball tomorrow to win......they will not win if the game becomes low-scoring and defensive.

Sweeny can feel confident in a low-scoring defensive game.......that's in their wheelhouse.  They will have no problem sending this game to extra innings if need be. Kilgore needs to score runs to put pressure on Sweeny......otherwise Sweeny will be happy with a tie or scoreless game in the later innings.

Okay.......the LIVE Streaming is happening now on NFHS Network if you want to tune in.  The fee is $9.95 for an entire month......or $10 to watch all of these events this week. Don't forget to unsubscribe after this week to prevent them from charging you a recurring monthly fee.

Hampton on the mound for Kilgore and has Effinberger gets on off a full count.  Hampton looks good and charged up. Needs to settle down a little. Fielder's choice ground ball to SS to 2nd but not in time for the double play.....one out and runner on first for Sweeny.  

Base hit in the gap brings in the runner at 2nd and Martin advances to 2nd on the throw.  2 outs here in the top of the first.  0-2 on the hitter now.......in the dirt.  1-2 now.  Fouled away.....still 1-2.  Strike 3 on the breaking ball.  22 pitches in that inning for Hampton. Moving to the bottom of the first with Sweeny scoring a run.