Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

On 4/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, playactionpass39 said:

I guess I've been asleep all season, I didn't realize that Argyle had been moved to Region 1.

Region 1

Argyle or Iowa Park

Region 2

PG or Canton or Kilgore

Region 3

Robinson or Carthage or Sweeny

Region 4

Liberty Hill or Fulshear

I would include Decatur in the mix in Region 1 for sure.  Bullard in Region 2.  Lorena in Region 3.  Sinton in Region 4.  NOW it's correct.....LOL. Maybe even Benbrook and Brownsboro in Region 2 also........very competitive region.

25 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I would include Decatur in the mix in Region 1 for sure.  Bullard in Region 2.  Lorena in Region 3.  Sinton in Region 4.  NOW it's correct.....LOL. Maybe even Benbrook and Brownsboro in Region 2 also........very competitive region.

I think Brownsboro will have PG next.

I don't know if it's a shocker or not but, LCM got knocked out of the playoffs by Liberty. @ALLSPORTFAN probably knows more about region 3.

BTW.....Stephenville faltered in District 7 play but had by far the best record and was the IMO the most dangerous opponent in that district and many of the Region 1 district winners.....but they landed in the 4th seed in District 7 because of some reason......I don't know what happened to them.  At one time they were 18-3-1, but faced Argyle in the Bidistrict Round with a record of 18-7-1.  Maybe they lost a good pitcher to an injury or something else???  All I know is they lost their last 4 games of the regular season......all in district.....and landed 4th.  They still were a dark horse to go deep in the region until they had to play Argyle from the gitgo.  Otherwise......who knows how they could have ended up.  But that's baseball.  Heck......Pleasanton(9-14) wasn't very good and knocked out a very good Hondo(22-5)(7-1) perennial district champ by a score of 9-5 in a one-gamer.   BIG upset there.....maybe the biggest in 4A in this round.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

BTW.....Stephenville faltered in District 7 play but had by far the best record and was the IMO the most dangerous opponent in that district and many of the Region 1 district winners.....but they landed in the 4th seed in District 7 because of some reason......I don't know what happened to them.  At one time they were 18-3-1, but faced Argyle in the Bidistrict Round with a record of 18-7-1.  Maybe they lost a good pitcher to an injury or something else???  All I know is they lost their last 4 games of the regular season......all in district.....and landed 4th.  They still were a dark horse to go deep in the region until they had to play Argyle from the gitgo.  Otherwise......who knows how they could have ended up.  But that's baseball.  Heck......Pleasanton(9-14) wasn't very good and knocked out a very good Hondo(22-5)(7-1) perennial district champ by a score of 9-5 in a one-gamer.   BIG upset there.....maybe the biggest in 4A in this round.

Who will be Argyle's toughest opponents in that region? Maybe Iowa Park and Decatuer?

22 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't know if it's a shocker or not but, LCM got knocked out of the playoffs by Liberty. @ALLSPORTFAN probably knows more about region 3.

LC-M had a good chance to do well until they drew Liberty......then all bets were off because Liberty actually  has a good team and good record for the season this year.

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Who will be Argyle's toughest opponents in that region? Maybe Iowa Park and Decatuer?

Iowa Park and Decatur are both in the bottom part of the Region 1 bracket and will face each other first.  Argyle is in the top half of the bracket and will have to win out to face the bottom bracket winner.......which should be the winner of this possible 3rd Round matchup.  I would give Decatur the edge now in a one gamer......but possibly Iowa Park in a series.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That was not a shocker. LCM finished 1stin their district only because BC had to forfeit.  So they should have been a 3 seed.

22 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

But Pg Struggled with us and Kilgore handled us fairly easy so u can’t look at it like that 

Struggled?  Gilmer got 1 hit...1hit.  Don’t think that’s struggling.

PG didn’t hit the ball well but didn’t have to.   Like I said many times, in a series nobody in the region will match up with PG on the mound.  

21 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

I think it’s a little bit of an overreaction to count them out after one series against a team that was 2nd in their district before the tiebreaker. Now if they struggle with Wills Point then maybe.

By your logic, you could say PG isn’t who we thought they were because they struggled with Gilmer. That game was tied at 0 in the 6th, and Kilgore 10 runned Gilmer both games. Baseball can be a weird game. I’ve watched a team win 13-11, then turn around two days later and lose 2-1 to the same team. 

Ultimatley I think the third round will still be PG/Kilgore and I think it’s going to be a great series/game, but who knows that’s just my opinion.

You make my point!  You will not watch PG EVER in these playoffs lose by a score of 13-11 (just using your example of many many runs).  They pitch!   They will not give up that many during the playoffs.  On the other hand they may not score that many either.   They will make the plays on D and pitch.  Pretty good recipe for success if you ask me.  Round 3 should be the dogs vs. the hawks and the hawks will move on.  

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle

PG

Sweeney

LH

Good final 4

2 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

You make my point!  You will not watch PG EVER in these playoffs lose by a score of 13-11 (just using your example of many many runs).  They pitch!   They will not give up that many during the playoffs.  On the other hand they may not score that many either.   They will make the plays on D and pitch.  Pretty good recipe for success if you ask me.  Round 3 should be the dogs vs. the hawks and the hawks will move on.  

Looking forward to it. The 13-11 example wasn’t Kilgore I was referring to, it was actually Overton for what it’s worth. I don’t know that Kilgore has PG pitching, although their #1 is a Texas Tech commit, however you won’t see them give up many runs either. I’m really thinking this might be the best matchup of the playoffs until Austin. Hoping Kilgore is thinking about Wills Point right now though. 

35 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

Whose PG have next?

W15 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (23-4) vs R14 Brownsboro (23-5-1).

Game 1: Thursday, May 9 – 7:00 PM @ Whitehouse

Game 2: Friday, May 10 – 7:00 PM @ Pleasant Grove

Game 3: Saturday, May 11 – TBD (If Necessary)

Looks like Brownsboro will have their fair shot at PG with a best of 3 this week......cannot ask for anything else if you want to make a run for the title.  Should be a good test for both teams to measure themselves against a quality opponent in a playoff scenario early.  

Argyle gets Graham in a one-gamer on Saturday.......another situation that is most probably the best case scenario for a team with a lesser record to oust the defending champ.  Argyle will need to come ready and play clean mistake-free baseball.  Anything can happen in baseball in a single game.  And there's no crying in baseball.....LOL.😪  GO EAGLES!!