Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

11 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle gets Graham in a one-gamer on Saturday.......another situation that is most probably the best case scenario for a team with a lesser record to oust the defending champ.  Argyle will need to come ready and play clean mistake-free baseball.  Anything can happen in baseball in a single game.  And there's no crying in baseball.....LOL.😪  GO EAGLES!!

Now it's showing that Graham will meet Argyle in a series starting Friday @ 7:30 in Brock.  Then on Saturday @ 1:00 for game #2......and #3 thereafter if needed.  I would think this favors Argyle more than Graham......maybe Argyle won the coin flip?   I cannot imagine Graham wanting anything other than a one-gamer against Argyle.  Argyle's pitching staff is very deep and very good!  

I wonder why it was first announced as a one-gamer on Saturday???  Did Graham win the coin flip and change their mind?  Or was it just someone with false information?   Doesn't matter now.......the matchup has been set.  GO EAGLES!!  

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Looks like Brownsboro will have their fair shot at PG with a best of 3 this week......cannot ask for anything else if you want to make a run for the title.  Should be a good test for both teams to measure themselves against a quality opponent in a playoff scenario early.  

You sure Brownsboro is quality?

19 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Carthage vs. Hillsboro Friday 4:00 and 7:00 at Melissa
Game 3 if needed will be in Rusk on Saturday at 5:00.

Carthage must have lost the flip. That's a long ways to travel for a area game(s). But as an old coach of mine use to say, we will beat you in El Paso if that's where you want to play.

6 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Carthage must have lost the flip. That's a long ways to travel for a area game(s). But as an old coach of mine use to say, we will beat you in El Paso if that's where you want to play.

No hillsboro and China finished late Saturday.  Couldn’t find a turf field that was open.  They tried all day Sunday.  It is neutral.

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

They have those nice White modified Travel Buses that they like to justify and show off.

The white buses are used for everything.  Band , athletics, field trips for all of the schools, choir, and anything extracurricular for the school.  They are nice to have.

13 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

i dont think carthage has a problem travelling 

i mean they went all the way to Anahuac for a softball game

Venus found Anahuac for the softball game last week they traveled 285 miles.  Made sure they got the game in and it was a good idea since we lost game one gave us a chance to make sure it could be a series instead of one game.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

The white buses are used for everything.  Band , athletics, field trips for all of the schools, choir, and anything extracurricular for the school.  They are nice to have.

I know they use them for everything, not throwing shade at all.

I bet they are nice to have and it is great that Carthage values extracurricular activities enough that they invested in those buses for the kids. 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

But Pg Struggled with us and Kilgore handled us fairly easy so u can’t look at it like that 

I didn't see the Hawks struggle. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was both pitchers were throwing too many in the dirt. Gilmer pitcher was a HOSS, he had some serious heat.

The one hit the Buckeyes got was a whistling liner inside the hot corner. PG played clean ball, defensively, made a couple of base running mistakes, but don't confuse patience with struggling. Once they got on, they small ball you, or force you to make plays. That is where Gilmer lost it. The one inning they scored four, Gilmer made to many errors throwing the ball, or catching.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

Has PG lost any games this year? If so then they are beatable 

PG has 4 losses. One to Benton, LA, and another to Parkway, LA.

They lost to Ashdown AR, but have also beaten them 11-1.

Lost to Carthage 2-0.

It all depends on who they pitch, really. Some of those games were against bigger or quality schools, but when you are trying out a pitcher lower in your rotation, the loss is not as helpful in predicting playoff results.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, regaleagle said:

Looks like Brownsboro will have their fair shot at PG with a best of 3 this week......cannot ask for anything else if you want to make a run for the title.  Should be a good test for both teams to measure themselves against a quality opponent in a playoff scenario early.  

PG's depth of pitching favors a 3 game series with most teams. Gilmer had the right idea, and their Ace gave it all he could. Just didn't happen.

I haven't seen Brownsboro, or know anything about their pitching staff, but they will have to be better than a third place district team to advance.

3 hours ago, futfan said:

I didn't see the Hawks struggle. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was both pitchers were throwing too many in the dirt. Gilmer pitcher was a HOSS, he had some serious heat.

The one hit the Buckeyes got was a whistling liner inside the hot corner. PG played clean ball, defensively, made a couple of base running mistakes, but don't confuse patience with struggling. Once they got on, they small ball you, or force you to make plays. That is where Gilmer lost it. The one inning they scored four, Gilmer made to many errors throwing the ball, or catching.

If you think gilmer pitcher had some heat he don’t throw no where near as hard as Hampton from kilgore

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think Hampton is one of the best pitchers I have seen at the HS level and when he’s on I don’t see any team around here beating them just my opinion tho 

And not to mention he is only a jr. He is going to be a beast his sr year!!

9 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

And not to mention he is only a jr. He is going to be a beast his sr year!!

As long as he stays healthy.

Has Hampton committed?

If he is committed, I would definitely suggest him taking it slow this summer and in the fall. He should be in strengthen and maintain mode.

20 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

As long as he stays healthy.

Has Hampton committed?

If he is committed, I would definitely suggest him taking it slow this summer and in the fall. He should be in strengthen and maintain mode.

Texas Tech I believe. 

Just in case anybody was wondering or didn't know like me here's the bad weather policy.

UIL RAIN (BAD WEATHER) POLICY 
• Every effort must be made by both teams to determine the winner before the certification deadline. This includes obtaining neutral sites and securing any available field. This could mean giving up a home-field advantage if another field is playable.

• If weather conditions make it impossible to determine a winner before certification, UIL must be contacted for an extension. The next round opponent(s) must also be contacted to inform them that the deadline will be extended. 

• Extreme scheduling difficulties such as those mentioned above could result in a coin flip which would determine the representatives to the next round. 

o A two-out-of-three series that does not get a complete game in by the end of the day Friday automatically reverts to a one-gamer. 
o If one game is played and a second game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather, then the winner of the game advances to the next round. 
o If two games are played (and split) and the third game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather conditions, then the third and deciding game should be played on Monday of the next week.