Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

What would you say if Argyle lost to Brownwood next week.......that they played a weak schedule???  NOPE......but they could lose to an opponent with a lesser record in any round in these playoffs.......that's just the nature of the beast.  

43 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I do think that Canton has built a very competitive baseball program in 4A and plays several rounds deep with lots of wins each season.  I don't think you can really point fingers at the baseball coach for not being competitive and doing a good job.  Expectations are naturally high in Canton for baseball now.......I guess some of the Canton fans were overly expectant this year, Huh?  It's difficult to reach the regional final in Region 2........there are quite a few very good baseball programs in this region.......as Argyle can testify to.

That’s why baseball is so great.  Anyone can be beat!!!!

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

YIKES! 

Van 4

Bullard 2

Bullard gave up 3 runs in the second on ZERO hits....walks, hbp, and errors will kill you and it killed Bullard last night. They also had bases loaded twice with less than three outs and couldn't score a run. 

26 minutes ago, sportsguy24 said:

Bullard gave up 3 runs in the second on ZERO hits....walks, hbp, and errors will kill you and it killed Bullard last night. They also had bases loaded twice with less than three outs and couldn't score a run. 

Wow! That's a tough way to lose. I know Bowman graduates but doesn't Bullard have quite a bit coming back?

I heard Spring Hill doesn't have a senior on the team.

PG has the pitching to go either series or one game. They put the ball in play, and can ring it up, or small ball. They do a great job of playing smart error free ball. 

That is why they go deep every year. Consistently consistent. 

21 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Wow! That's a tough way to lose. I know Bowman graduates but doesn't Bullard have quite a bit coming back?

I heard Spring Hill doesn't have a senior on the team.

Yeah Bullard is losing 4 seniors. Should reload and be pretty good again next year. Spring Hill brings everyone back and should beat Van this week. Would love to see a Kilgore/Spring Hill regional finals.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

What does PG ace pitcher look like this yr what are his stats?

Don't know stats, but I saw him pitch against Brownsboro at Mike Carter on Thursday. He throws a lot of strikes and sits at about 83-85 with his fastball. Throws breaking ball A LOT. 

19 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

What does PG ace pitcher look like this yr what are his stats?

Many years ago, I was asked not to reveal any info on the team, by the request of the Team Staff. 

I don't have any real info to give out anyway, but PG does not really publicize stats in other places, anyway, (MaxPreps, etc)

I am not sure about who is really considered their ACE, because they have similar records. I guess whoever  Coach feels has "IT" that day could be his "ONE', but doesn't mean he would pitch in game one. Hawks are very good at adapting, Improvising, and overcoming what they face.

2 hours ago, futfan said:

Many years ago, I was asked not to reveal any info on the team, by the request of the Team Staff. 

I don't have any real info to give out anyway, but PG does not really publicize stats in other places, anyway, (MaxPreps, etc)

I am not sure about who is really considered their ACE, because they have similar records. I guess whoever  Coach feels has "IT" that day could be his "ONE', but doesn't mean he would pitch in game one. Hawks are very good at adapting, Improvising, and overcoming what they face.

I haven't seen them play this year but, I've seen them a dozen or so times over the last 6-7 years and yes they have talent but they are the best coached team year in year out I come across.

They may get beat but it's not gonna be because a lack of discipline. IMO, this series is gonna be worth the price of admission.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Regional Qtr-Finals- PG vs Kilgore All games at ETBU in Marshall Thursday May 16 - 7:30 pm Friday May 17 - 7:30 pm Saturday May 18 (if nec) 3:00 pm

Glad they went with a series. Should be a good one

ETBU ain’t big enough. Bring a lawn chair and get there forever before it starts. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Regional Qtr-Finals- PG vs Kilgore All games at ETBU in Marshall Thursday May 16 - 7:30 pm Friday May 17 - 7:30 pm Saturday May 18 (if nec) 3:00 pm

Glad they went with a series. Should be a good one

No need for Saturday.  Low scoring pitching duel game 1.   Game 2 I see a 6-3 type game.   

Canton gone, Bullard gone....hhhmmm.   My evaluation of the region is pretty close to spot on.   

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I haven't seen them play this year but, I've seen them a dozen or so times over the last 6-7 years and yes they have talent but they are the best coached team year in year out I come across.

They may get beat but it's not gonna be because a lack of discipline. IMO, this series is gonna be worth the price of admission.

PG does not have a “true” ace.  They do have 2 really good pitchers with 2 more on deck.  The closer is extremely tough following the lefty Galvan.  Just don’t think Kilgore has the bullets in the gun for this one.   

1 hour ago, DevelopQB said:

PG does not have a “true” ace.  They do have 2 really good pitchers with 2 more on deck.  The closer is extremely tough following the lefty Galvan.  Just don’t think Kilgore has the bullets in the gun for this one.   

Well we shall see Kilgore isn't going to be a walk in the park like you think. Waiting to say four words when this one is all said and done. " Tried To Tell Ya " Win or lose it's not going to be that easy like you think. DevelopQB your going to be a sad sad person if PG doesn't back you up. 

Just my opinion of PG they reminded me of Carthage. I was comparing a team Kilgore has played this season and that's who they looked like to me.

And since Kilgore and PG haven't played each other I looked at common opponents that both have played and they were LE, Carthage, and Gilmer.

PG vs LE and PG won all 3 gms 7-1, 10-0, 10-2

PG vs Carthage and they split 2 gms Carthage won 2-0  and PG won 3-2

PG vs Gilmer 1 gm PG won 4-0

Kilgore vs LE  Kilgore won all 3 gms  9-3, 5-4, 3-2

Kilgore vs Carthage  1 gm Kilgore won 5-2

Kilgore vs Gilmer  Kilgore won 2 gms  7-0, 12-2

44 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Two very good baseball teams.

Two very good baseball coaches.

Two very fundamentally sound teams that rarely beat themselves.

Two teams that can play small ball or double you to death.

Two teams that pitch well.

Sounds like a great series to me.

Yes sir agree 100 % with that statement. Just isn't fair knowing one of these two good teams will be going home. This matchup in my opinion should be the game to see who goes to Austin. 

6 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Yes sir agree 100 % with that statement. Just isn't fair knowing one of these two good teams will be going home. This matchup in my opinion should be the game to see who goes to Austin. 

IMO, these are two of the top 6 teams in the state, but there is no seeding, so you gotta beat whoever is next in the bracket to get to the Championship.

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

IMO, these are two of the top 6 teams in the state, but there is no seeding, so you gotta beat whoever is next in the bracket to get to the Championship.

The winner of this game represents Region 2 at State imo...

Kilgore's ace is by far the best pitcher in this series... 1 game would have been a big advantage for them. 

PG's game 2 guy will be better than Kilgore's... and PG swings it quite a bit better

should be a good series.

12 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

Kilgore's ace is by far the best pitcher in this series... 1 game would have been a big advantage for them. 

PG's game 2 guy will be better than Kilgore's... and PG swings it quite a bit better

should be a good series.

Haven't seen PG, but I have seen Kilgore and they can RAKE. If PG pitchers are only 83-87 then they won't be getting the fastball by Kilgore. 

The off-speed pitches of the Hawks will have to be really good to shut down the Kilgore offense.