Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

45 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Haven't seen PG, but I have seen Kilgore and they can RAKE. If PG pitchers are only 83-87 then they won't be getting the fastball by Kilgore. 

The off-speed pitches of the Hawks will have to be really good to shut down the Kilgore offense.

you won't see 87 from PG.. you will see well located high 70's to low 80's.

LE threw low 70's to about 80 against Kilgore and lost two close games... both losses came in the final inning.

Kilgore will have to swing it better than that to beat PG.. but 1 or 2 runs can win a game when Hampton is on the bump

22 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well we shall see Kilgore isn't going to be a walk in the park like you think. Waiting to say four words when this one is all said and done. " Tried To Tell Ya " Win or lose it's not going to be that easy like you think. DevelopQB your going to be a sad sad person if PG doesn't back you up. 

Just my opinion of PG they reminded me of Carthage. I was comparing a team Kilgore has played this season and that's who they looked like to me.

And since Kilgore and PG haven't played each other I looked at common opponents that both have played and they were LE, Carthage, and Gilmer.

PG vs LE and PG won all 3 gms 7-1, 10-0, 10-2

PG vs Carthage and they split 2 gms Carthage won 2-0  and PG won 3-2

PG vs Gilmer 1 gm PG won 4-0

Kilgore vs LE  Kilgore won all 3 gms  9-3, 5-4, 3-2

Kilgore vs Carthage  1 gm Kilgore won 5-2

Kilgore vs Gilmer  Kilgore won 2 gms  7-0, 12-2

These games mean nothing.   All about pitching match ups.   I won’t be sad and can’t wait to see this match up.   I agree that this should be reg final.   The others left can’t play with PG or Kilgore.  

11 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

These games mean nothing.   All about pitching match ups.   I won’t be sad and can’t wait to see this match up.   I agree that this should be reg final.   The others left can’t play with PG or Kilgore.  

This is High School Baseball, anybody can beat anybody on a given day. Now whether they can beat them 2 out of 3, that is a different story. The winner of this game does not have a cake walk to Austin though.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given day, but that is where the coaching comes in. A Coach that knows what pitcher needs to be on the bump that day, Ace or Not, and all the team management matchups, as well as electing a series or single game can usually eliminate much of that. That leaves it up to playing smart, error free ball. At this point in the playoffs, teams that play smart will advance. Those that falter, go home. That weeds out the field even more. Now it is down to karma, like who gets that seeing eye single that bounces off a dirt clod to score that 1-0 winning run.

I like the Hawks chances, because they usually have addressed everything but karma. It's Xs and Os, and then Jimmies and Joes. The rest is the fate of baseball.

2 hours ago, futfan said:

Anybody can beat anybody on any given day, but that is where the coaching comes in. A Coach that knows what pitcher needs to be on the bump that day, Ace or Not, and all the team management matchups, as well as electing a series or single game can usually eliminate much of that. That leaves it up to playing smart, error free ball. At this point in the playoffs, teams that play smart will advance. Those that falter, go home. That weeds out the field even more. Now it is down to karma, like who gets that seeing eye single that bounces off a dirt clod to score that 1-0 winning run.

I like the Hawks chances, because they usually have addressed everything but karma. It's Xs and Os, and then Jimmies and Joes. The rest is the fate of baseball.

Well, I've yet to see one any better than Fincher in ET. I know that's an opinion but I'm looking forward to seeing one that is better.

Really looking forward to 7:30 Thursday night!

Even with Canton and Bullard gone region 2 is loaded with talented teams...

Melissa (25-10)

Sunnyvale (23-4-2)

Kilgore (26-5)

PG (25-4)

Crandall (24-9)

Benbrook (24-4-2)

S H (21-10-1)

Van (14-12)

I think every one of these team except Van was ranked in the top 25 in 4A at some point this season

I would say everybody but Van has a shot...but then watch the Vandals win the whole dang thing LOL

Unless Van has recently gone on a winning streak and shown vast improvement......they should feel fortunate to be playing this week.  What is left in this 3rd Round are basically real contenders for a regional final.  There are always a few teams to make it to the 3rd Round that don't measure up to the rest......that's the nature of the baseball playoff scenario.  I believe Van qualified with a one-gamer win to get here this week.  Now they will be in a series......not good for Van.  I agree that the rest of the teams in this region all have a very equal chance to advance to next week's 4th Round and perhaps the following week to the regional final.  Anything can happen in baseball at anytime during a game......regardless of your opponent's record.  But can it continue to fall your way in consecutive games or consecutive weeks???  We know the answer to that question.

Going to bottom of 6th PG had an excellent opportunity had bases loaded with no outs before Hampton struck out 2 batters to reach his pitch count and Matin came on and retired the 3rd out.

Hampton finished with 9 K's giving up 1 run on 3 hits and 5 walks 

Argyle 21

Brownwood 0

Argyle hit 5 homers in a no-hitter by Chad Ricker in 5 innings.  Ricker hit a 3 run shot and a grand slam in the same inning for 7 RBI's as Argyle plated 12 runs in the 4th.  Argyle hit a homer in every inning except the 5th.  One solo in the first, a grand slam by Bo Hogeboom in the 2nd, a 3-run by Cade Merka in the 3rd, and Ricker's two homers in the 4th.  Argyle had 17 hits and no errors and scored 21 runs on 34 plate appearances.  Ricker is a UTSA commit and is a senior this season.

4 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

He is only a jr but he is committed to Texas Tech 

Dillon Carter for Argyle will be there......he's the CF and RHP that hit the solo shot in the first inning tonight.  He bats left-handed and is the 2nd hitter in the lineup. Sounds like TT is getting two good ones from 4A, Huh?  And both are good hitters and pitchers.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Dillon Carter for Argyle will be there......he's the CF and RHP that hit the solo shot in the first inning tonight.  He bats left-handed and is the 2nd hitter in the lineup. Sounds like TT is getting two good ones from 4A, Huh?

Yes sir they definitely are!

11 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Final

PG 1

Kilgore 10

Game 2 has moved up an hour to 630 gm 3 to follow if needed 

I did have 1 tear fall but got over it fast.   Game 2 will be a good one with the PG lefty going.   Hope it goes to a game 3.